Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1631 1632 [1633] 1634 1635 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14481246 times)

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #24480 on: December 21, 2012, 11:33:39 am »

He got Kalas from Baten Kaitos pretty quickly.  I beat him with Floyd B. Olson, though.  Obscure historical figures usually beat him.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24481 on: December 21, 2012, 11:37:32 am »

He got Kalas from Baten Kaitos pretty quickly.  I beat him with Floyd B. Olson, though.  Obscure historical figures usually beat him.
I dunno...took a while but it got St. Athanasius of Alexandria and Bohemond I of Antioch.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #24482 on: December 21, 2012, 11:40:33 am »

He got Julius Caesar pretty quickly tough. But that's not exactly obscure either.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24483 on: December 21, 2012, 11:52:04 am »

If it's what I think it is, it didn't know Brecht's Herr K. and neither Kafka's Landvermesser K. .
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #24484 on: December 21, 2012, 02:47:21 pm »

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #24485 on: December 21, 2012, 03:00:49 pm »

The real wtf part is where they are thinking of using armed volunteers instead of just stationing police officers there.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #24486 on: December 21, 2012, 03:05:28 pm »

He calls them 'good guys with a gun'  ::)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24487 on: December 21, 2012, 03:18:30 pm »

Now having a cop/security guard licensed to use a gun in school would be a good thing, no?

"Hey, you, STOP!  Or I'll yell stop again!"

I don't quite knwo why their posts are always in western nowhere compared to the rest of the school, anyhow.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #24488 on: December 21, 2012, 03:23:04 pm »

Now having a cop/security guard licensed to use a gun in school would be a good thing, no?

"Hey, you, STOP!  Or I'll yell stop again!"

I don't quite knwo why their posts are always in western nowhere compared to the rest of the school, anyhow.

It is way more sensible than using armed random volunteers.

And while i generally do not approve of the increased presence of police, its not necessarily a bad thing either.

Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24489 on: December 21, 2012, 03:47:27 pm »

While not great, a cop is certainly better than private security. In my high school, it was the private security people that beat the crap out of kids, tasered an autistic kid for not listening to them, etc, not the school cop.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24490 on: December 21, 2012, 03:57:37 pm »

While not great, a cop is certainly better than private security. In my high school, it was the private security people that beat the crap out of kids, tasered an autistic kid for not listening to them, etc, not the school cop.

Your high school had private security??  :o

Mine didn't have security. Not even a metal detector. And mind you, this was a rural high school where quite a few people had gun racks on their trucks. I know several people who kept firearms in their vehicles. Only time I know of one actually being used (and even then, not discharged) was when a guy interrupted an attempted rape and scared the guy off with his .44 pistol.

That said, today is not 20 years ago. I don't think having that much firepower around a school would be a good thing today.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24491 on: December 21, 2012, 04:05:59 pm »

Never hire private security. It consists of people who failed out of being cops and people who failed out of being mercenaries. In other words, dangerous.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24492 on: December 21, 2012, 04:26:07 pm »

If incompetent, unstable,, uncoth, humiliated, unsatisfied, and looking to prove something means Fun, then yuppers.

Generic private security is a lower tier thing.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24493 on: December 21, 2012, 04:28:51 pm »

Yea I'm all for having an armed police officer in schools.  Police officers are people too, so they aren't infallible, but I don't know many people who wanted to be a cop so they could be a crooked one.  And with cops you know they are well trained in how and when to use force.

Private security I'm not so keen on.  I'm sure the good private security guys are well trained, but you know the school districts will just be selling the kids' safety to the lowest bidder. 

And armed civilians doesn't sound useful at all.  Would they be even allowed to draw a gun in anything but cut and dry self defense?  "That kid pulled a gun and said he was going to shoot everyone under 18 in the building, well I'm 45 so it wasn't self defense, I couldn't do anything."
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 04:30:55 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24494 on: December 21, 2012, 04:30:20 pm »

My school had a cop. He once performed an illegal search on an entire classroom(including me), because a retard substitute dropped a $700 pair of sunglasses in the back of the room.

This same cop also threatened to arrest me after I was punched in the face by another kid, and I had made no attempts to retaliate or defend myself(and an entire classroom full of witnesses who could attest to that).

...So, armed personnel in schools? Dumb idea. I don't think learning about American liberties would translate so well if done at effective gunpoint.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 1631 1632 [1633] 1634 1635 ... 11037