Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1629 1630 [1631] 1632 1633 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14483700 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #24450 on: December 20, 2012, 03:38:33 pm »

What's the deal with this Day Z thinger?

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #24451 on: December 20, 2012, 03:40:46 pm »

They did false advertising, pushed out a game with a huge feature list when it had none of that shit, and basically a glorified beta or worse.

It was worse than Diablo III failing to ship with multiplayer.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24452 on: December 20, 2012, 03:40:47 pm »

War Z. It's distinct, and is currently considered a worse knock-off that was pulled from steam for selling features it doesn't yet have. It may have been mistranslation (twice), but apparently we "misread" it.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24453 on: December 20, 2012, 03:47:27 pm »

I'm a huge fan of Morrowind and I know who all those characters are, but I wouldn't ever have thought to do them on Akinator because the characters in Morrowind tended to be kinda unremarkable in the personality department. Except Artorius, of course.

I bet you Akinator would get Crassius Curio, though.
Well he first guessed Socucius Ergalla, who is the first named Imperial you meet in The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind. The second time he got it right, which is when I shouted "You son of a bitch!" at the top of my lungs.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24454 on: December 20, 2012, 03:49:10 pm »

He missed Michael Myers the serial killer.  He told me Jason despite what I said about a distinct lack of lakes/drowning.

But he got my other one.  I approve. :)

He got 'Deathclaw' instead of' Demon.  Right idea, wrong game/name.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 03:57:20 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #24455 on: December 20, 2012, 05:25:02 pm »

I've... fallen back asleep about six times since I woke up this morning, and feel like I could still take a nap. This is not a thing I normally have happen. Didn't even stay up unusually late or wake up unusually early. Not feeling particularly ill or nothin'. I've just... ended up sleeping on and off for about fourteen hours, for no apparent reason. Lil'unusual, f'me.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24456 on: December 20, 2012, 11:38:05 pm »

I know it's a good thing that to have coping skills but why the hell is one of mine chanting the following Latin phrases I have picked up from music, the internet and video games...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

...In order to break out of panic attacks and gradually start to calm down I usually say all of those at least once or twice. For some bizarre reason it breaks me out of panic attacks on the first try and helps me deal with crowded places with lots of people and/or general stimuli. Why Latin though? I don't get that and it makes me kind of go "What the fuck?" whenever I do this, as if the sheer sound of me speaking Latin surprises me or something.

inb4 someone understands what that last phrase means and thinks I'm a heathen. I just really like black metal.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #24457 on: December 20, 2012, 11:40:47 pm »

I dunno, but if my experience with panic attacks means anything, it's not what you use to focus your mind on something else, just that it works. You might just like the sound of Latin so much that it distracts you long enough for you to calm down.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24458 on: December 20, 2012, 11:49:10 pm »

I dunno, but if my experience with panic attacks means anything, it's not what you use to focus your mind on something else, just that it works. You might just like the sound of Latin so much that it distracts you long enough for you to calm down.

Well I do like the fact that I speak better Latin than Japanese despite having studied it for much longer than I have Latin. That probably has something to do with it.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24459 on: December 21, 2012, 12:18:14 am »

Akinator needed 60 questions to get Sun Wukong, The Monkey King.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #24460 on: December 21, 2012, 12:43:22 am »

I suspect Akinator's site is purposely engineered to make it 'locked' to the screen width on iPhones. The site is locked to not be able to be scrolled horizontally, forcing mobile users to either choke up $1.99 for the app or shut up and not do it Dx
I don't know, but maybe only mobile browsers respect the viewport meta-tag. Anyways, I can't use Akinator for free on an iPhone :(

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24461 on: December 21, 2012, 12:44:27 am »

I suspect Akinator's site is purposely engineered to make it 'locked' to the screen width on iPhones. The site is locked to not be able to be scrolled horizontally, forcing mobile users to either choke up $1.99 for the app or shut up and not do it Dx
I don't know, but maybe only mobile browsers respect the viewport meta-tag. Anyways, I can't use Akinator for free on an iPhone :(
That right there? That made me WTF.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #24462 on: December 21, 2012, 12:58:32 am »

I believe I confirmed this.

Quote from: Source @ en.akinator.com
<!--- implementation --->
        <
meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,initial-scale=1">
<!---implementation--->
Using a Javascript someone posted, I viewed the source and there it is!
Clever. Annoying, but clever :<

Basically, the Akinator genie is on the right, and PC browsers ignore the viewport meta tag. But mobile browsers respect it and make me unable to zoom out or scroll to the right, so I can't use the genie.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24463 on: December 21, 2012, 01:02:17 am »

This is why I don't buy into the whole smartphone business. That chicanery right there. I will stick with desktop personal computers thank you very much.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24464 on: December 21, 2012, 01:09:48 am »

I believe I confirmed this.

Quote from: Source @ en.akinator.com
<!--- implementation --->
        <
meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,initial-scale=1">
<!---implementation--->
Using a Javascript someone posted, I viewed the source and there it is!
Clever. Annoying, but clever :<

Basically, the Akinator genie is on the right, and PC browsers ignore the viewport meta tag. But mobile browsers respect it and make me unable to zoom out or scroll to the right, so I can't use the genie.
That's fucked up, Sky.

Pages: 1 ... 1629 1630 [1631] 1632 1633 ... 11037