Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1617 1618 [1619] 1620 1621 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14480253 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #24270 on: December 18, 2012, 03:30:54 pm »

Somebody just paid the last $500 of our water bill for us! WTF u doin mate? :o
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24271 on: December 18, 2012, 03:37:41 pm »

/In regards to Noah's Ark

THE THING WAS A GIANT SPEHSS SHIP WITH ITS OWN ECOSYSTEMS BECAUSE IT WAS SO DAMN MASSIVE AND BIG AND SPEHSS
Thinking about it, I realize that any such ship would have to be approximately one........Earth.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #24272 on: December 18, 2012, 03:41:15 pm »

THE THING WAS A GIANT SPEHSS SHIP WITH ITS OWN ECOSYSTEMS BECAUSE IT WAS SO DAMN MASSIVE AND BIG AND SPEHSS
Thinking about it, I realize that any such ship would have to be approximately one........Earth.
You could get by with a smaller one, as long as it was properly maintained. I mean look at the various Closed Eco systems that we've done so far. It's just that the smaller a system is, the more micromanagement it requires and the more prone it is to destabilization.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24273 on: December 18, 2012, 04:16:09 pm »

People talking about how the bide is impossible
you do know tyhat in order to take the bible as truth in the first place you have to acapt the idea of a god who is all powerful in which case all of these "problmes" would not be problems

you cant just take the "parts we cant do" and ingore the base idea thta God can do anything, thats not how the bible is meant to be take, now before you say it I'm not saying you HAVE to belive in god, just if you dont anyways then looking at the bible serves no pupours when it comes to "debunking it" as even the bible cites all theser things to god
I'm a bad speller, no amount of telling me how bad I am is going to make me better. People have been trying for over two decades. English is hard for me, its like how some cant get math, i cant get English.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #24274 on: December 18, 2012, 04:22:14 pm »

Ok, one second.

PROCESSING...

Alright. You make a valid point, though it's wrong as we're discussing this from a mostly atheist or deistic viewpoint.

However, there are several arguments against God being truely "all-powerful". One particularly pervasive bit of Fanon (Not sure if it's actually in the bibel, though most things from Dante's Inferno are taken to be canon) states that Satan managed to shake his throne, implying some limit to his power. If he really is all powerful, why did Satan get a opportunity to trick Eve against Gods will? And if it was Gods will that Adam and Eve partake of the Fruit, why not just tell them to do it once and then say, "k guys I'm going to plop you down on Earth for a bit it's gonna suck but you're still cool wit me"?

God is either Limited or Illogical.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #24275 on: December 18, 2012, 04:24:03 pm »

-snip-
A piece of advice:
People will be much more likely to listen to what you say if you use capital letters and periods. Apostrophes and other proper spelling will also help, and personally I always suggest running anything you type through a spell-checker if you don't already have one present on your computer.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #24276 on: December 18, 2012, 04:29:16 pm »

Well, that's now God-canon. Earth is Noah's Ark and old Earth was obliterated. Saucy.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #24277 on: December 18, 2012, 04:34:04 pm »

Book: What are we up to, sweetheart?
River: Fixing your Bible.
Book: I, um... What?
[Pan over to River, who works on a book with pens, brushes, and loose pages.]
River: Bible's broken. Contradictions, false logistics... doesn't make sense.
Book: No, no. You—you can't...
River: So we'll integrate non-progressional evolution theory with God's creation of Eden. Eleven inherent metaphoric parallels already there. Eleven. Important number. Prime number. One goes into the house of eleven eleven times, but always comes out one. Noah's ark is a problem.
Book: Really?
River: We'll have to call it "early quantum state phenomenon". Only way to fit 5,000 species of mammals on the same boat.
. . .
Book: River, you don't... fix the Bible.
River: It's broken. It doesn't make sense.
Book: It's not about... making sense. It's about believing in something. And letting that belief be real enough to change your life. It's about faith. You don't fix faith, River. It fixes you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

((Also, planets are horribly inefficient ways of storing biodiversity. Entire thing should be doable using less 1/10 of the mass))

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #24278 on: December 18, 2012, 04:37:20 pm »

BUT GOD WANTS A BIOSPHERE

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24279 on: December 18, 2012, 04:44:29 pm »

Hence 'faith', the idea God is greater than mortal logic.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24280 on: December 18, 2012, 04:48:29 pm »

Unsatisfactory!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24281 on: December 18, 2012, 04:50:54 pm »

Meh, it's enough for some.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #24282 on: December 18, 2012, 04:53:47 pm »

What's up with the atheistic elithism anyway?

Why does all faith have to be naive, stupid, archaic nonsense just because that's what you believe it to be.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24283 on: December 18, 2012, 04:56:19 pm »

Because... That's what it's believed to be? Uh, you just answered your own question. Especially with faith, which is just about belief.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24284 on: December 18, 2012, 04:57:11 pm »

So I go into the kitchen to eat nom some spaghetti, when suddenly an ad for a romantic comedy with Jesus as the main lead on TV.
Pages: 1 ... 1617 1618 [1619] 1620 1621 ... 11037