Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1592 1593 [1594] 1595 1596 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14492298 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #23896 on: December 11, 2012, 02:41:41 am »

That's better. Guess your friend wins!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #23897 on: December 11, 2012, 03:08:07 am »

I kinda' wish I could sleep for twelve hours straight, some days. Nowadays, more than eight or nine (usually less in one go, most of the time) gives me an absolutely massive (splitting, oh-fuck-kill-me) headache when I wake up, which is just no fun whatsoever. It's always a sad day when that day's sleep leaves you more exhausted and in pain.

Hate biology. Really, really do. C'mon singularity, I want my REM cycle to have a 1/0 toggle.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Mechatronic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23898 on: December 11, 2012, 05:40:47 am »

Slept for about three days with Ross River Fever. No more than 18 hours from tiredness though.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #23899 on: December 11, 2012, 05:43:55 am »

The WTF thread is talking about sleep when I can't sleep because I'm finishing my finals T.T  aaaaaaaaaugh.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #23900 on: December 11, 2012, 10:18:09 am »

http://news.yahoo.com/cia-agent-found-bin-laden-having-trouble-045149864.html
In a way, this sort of internal drama is just how things work at Langley, says one former CIA officer. "Do you know how many CIA officers are jerks?" the former officer told The Post. "If that was a disqualifier, the whole National Clandestine Service would be gone." He added, "The agency is a funny place, very insular. It's like middle schoolers with clearances."
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #23901 on: December 11, 2012, 10:30:57 am »

When I was clinically depressed back in college, I went through a phase where I slept about 20 hours a day. EVERY day. For a couple of weeks. Only got up to go nibble a bit of dinner and watch Animaniacs on the big TV in the parlor.

When I went to Australia, they wouldn't let us go to sleep after we got there, to try and force our body clocks to adjust. So after about 36 hours of straight wakefulness, I collapsed about 4pm on a Saturday and woke up about 8am on Monday (~40 hours sleep). Apparently I slept through a small typhoon, wherein South Australia got close to a year's worth of rain in two days.  ???

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23902 on: December 11, 2012, 10:33:31 am »

When I was clinically depressed back in college, I went through a phase where I slept about 20 hours a day. EVERY day. For a couple of weeks. Only got up to go nibble a bit of dinner and watch Animaniacs on the big TV in the parlor.

When I went to Australia, they wouldn't let us go to sleep after we got there, to try and force our body clocks to adjust. So after about 36 hours of straight wakefulness, I collapsed about 4pm on a Saturday and woke up about 8am on Monday (~40 hours sleep). Apparently I slept through a small typhoon, wherein South Australia got close to a year's worth of rain in two days.  ???

You must have been starving after that.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #23903 on: December 11, 2012, 10:40:14 am »

You must have been starving after that.
This was back when I was 5'10" and 115lbs. (1.78m and 52kg, for our anti-Imperial friends). I was a bit peckish, but not too bad.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23904 on: December 11, 2012, 10:47:05 am »

Once, I spent the better part of four days asleep when I had influenza. My dreams were.....very.......   Very. There's really nothing else to say about them.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #23905 on: December 11, 2012, 10:58:19 am »

I remember first time sleeping after having my wisdom teeth out, with a double dose of Vicodin and the residual nitrous oxide in my system (they didn't knock me out for the procedure, just novocaine and laughing gas).

Dude.
DUDE.
Tripping balls. For a while there, I was awake and lucid while I was still dreaming. It was like an overlay on my vision. And it was pretty damn vivid, lots of Celtic mythology type shit. I'm pretty sure that at some point, Cernunnos the Horned God turned my closet door into the World Tree. The fact that I was taking a course on theoretical analysis of mythology that semester (and was a Pagan at the time) probably played a part there.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23906 on: December 11, 2012, 11:34:33 am »

The entire anonymous imageboard community of Aurorachan made me go "What the fuck?" today. I think I'm done catering to assholes whose favorite pastimes are anime-themed roleplaying and deviant fetishism, especially when they speak broken English and only like me because I have a ton of high quality Japanese artwork and a ton of pictures with funny jokes, memes, or useful information.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pic related, it's how many images I had before I made this little one that shows how many I have. This folder is the only reason people in the anonymous imageboard community as a whole like me. At least people here don't ask me for much of anything outside of that one guy in the food thread that wanted the recipes I couldn't post in said thread due to offensive language.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23907 on: December 11, 2012, 11:45:18 am »

I remember first time sleeping after having my wisdom teeth out, with a double dose of Vicodin and the residual nitrous oxide in my system (they didn't knock me out for the procedure, just novocaine and laughing gas).

Dude.
DUDE.
Tripping balls. For a while there, I was awake and lucid while I was still dreaming. It was like an overlay on my vision. And it was pretty damn vivid, lots of Celtic mythology type shit. I'm pretty sure that at some point, Cernunnos the Horned God turned my closet door into the World Tree. The fact that I was taking a course on theoretical analysis of mythology that semester (and was a Pagan at the time) probably played a part there.
shit i did that one. I took another vicodin after 15 minutes from forgetting i already took my dose, after another 15 minutes gravity got turned up and felt REALLY sleepy. knowing i got seconds, i crawled with what brain function i got left onto the couch and went to sleep in seconds. All i know that was the most peaceful sleep i ever got, too bad im not ready to do that again :P

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23908 on: December 11, 2012, 01:10:25 pm »

Speaking of dreams, I had a really bizarre (and somewhat disgusting) one last night.

Basically, it was In A World (tm) that had an ongoing WWI-style conflict but with American Revolutionary War-era medicine. Thus, amputations and other surgeries without anesthetic.

And guess who had a front-row seat to various horrific procedures that I'm not even sure were real? Dream-self, that's who.

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23909 on: December 11, 2012, 04:07:47 pm »

Guy next door down just sang for about five minutes about "enemy harriers" and "bitch-ass motherfuckers". I don't know about anyone else, but when I start doing improv vocals about the game I'm playing, I'm probably going to stop.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 1592 1593 [1594] 1595 1596 ... 11037