Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1590 1591 [1592] 1593 1594 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14493399 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #23865 on: December 10, 2012, 07:07:40 pm »

Who the fuck tells ghost stories at Christmas?
What do you think The Christmas Carol was?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #23866 on: December 10, 2012, 09:37:45 pm »

What do you think The Christmas Carol was?

Actually, most of Christmas is pretty scary if you think about it. Your wife is spontaneously and magically pregnant despite all you've done to prevent that. The kid is also the son of God, so no pressure raising that or anything though. There's also this fat neckbeard guy with a thing for red felt with white trim who does as many counts of breaking and entering as there are homes in the world, all in one night, every year, and he's never caught. He spies on every single child on earth to keep detailed tabs on their sleeping and waking hours. Did I mention there are legions of cult followers who dress exactly like him in several stores, malls, etc, because there are. That doesn't even touch the elves he's got up there. There's also some Frankenstein stuff going on with that one snowman; sure they say it's from the "magic hat," but you've gotta wonder what really did it.... Then again, maybe it's better if we don't wonder too much about that, cause hat or no ... he'll be back again some day....

Really, there's so much more I could get into. I could go on about the jackass reindeer who take advantage of the critical abilities of the guy they shunned out of their games, but I'm not even gonna touch that Grinch dude with a 39 1/2 foot pole.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 09:41:24 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23867 on: December 10, 2012, 09:40:29 pm »

but I'm not even gonna touch that Grinch dude with a 39 1/2 foot pole.

Who would?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #23869 on: December 10, 2012, 09:45:02 pm »

Who would?
Let's just say, he's got all the tender sweetness, of a sea-sick crocodile, Mr. Grinch. Actually, given the choice between the 2 of them I'll take the sea-sick crocodile!
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #23870 on: December 10, 2012, 09:49:22 pm »

Who would?
Let's just say, he's got all the tender sweetness, of a sea-sick crocodile, Mr. Grinch. Actually, given the choice between the 2 of them I'll take the sea-sick crocodile!

I was seriously just posting that when you did. :D I take it you don't like three decker saurkraut and toadstool sandwiches with arsenic sauce!?
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #23871 on: December 10, 2012, 09:49:37 pm »

Who would?
WRONG!
Crossbreed a Grinch and a crocodile.
Put on ship in stormy sea.
???
Profit!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #23872 on: December 10, 2012, 09:51:06 pm »

So I was listening to some christmas music and
There'll be parties for hosting
Marshmallows for toasting
And caroling out in the snow
There'll be scary ghost stories
And tales of the glories of
Christmases long, long ago

For a serious answer, it was a traditional part of 19th century and early 20th century festivities, at least in England and part of the United States. IIRC, it was believed that, on such a holy night, the lines between the world of the living and the world of the dead would blur. Much the same belief was attributed to Halloween. (November 1st is a particularly holy day in Catholic-based religions as the day on which all saints are honored.)
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23873 on: December 10, 2012, 10:05:09 pm »

I was going to say that it seemed like something that was common in Ye Olden Days. I remember Turn of the Screw taking place during Christmas Eve.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #23874 on: December 11, 2012, 12:35:19 am »

He spies on every single child on earth to keep detailed tabs on their sleeping and waking hours.
Man that used to and still does freak me out. I was watching that terrible Mexican Christmas movie that MST3k once did, and in it Santa Claus has a scope that will peer into your dreams. If I was a kid and had seen that the only nightmares Santa would be spying on that night would be about him and his terrible surveillance network.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23875 on: December 11, 2012, 12:38:50 am »

This forum and the general concept of censorship and morality in a forum based around a drunk midget simulator that uses every part of the kitten and spawned Obok Meatgod. I'm probably just in a weird mood due to choking earlier.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #23876 on: December 11, 2012, 01:01:13 am »

He spies on every single child on earth to keep detailed tabs on their sleeping and waking hours.
Man that used to and still does freak me out. I was watching that terrible Mexican Christmas movie that MST3k once did, and in it Santa Claus has a scope that will peer into your dreams. If I was a kid and had seen that the only nightmares Santa would be spying on that night would be about him and his terrible surveillance network.
BIG RED IS WATCHING.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23877 on: December 11, 2012, 01:51:51 am »

I know I mentioned this in another thread, but it's entirely WTF: My ladyfriend let me sleep in her bed last night. For 12 hours. She usually only sleeps about 4 hours a night. Her only thought on the matter was, "You looked really tired."

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #23878 on: December 11, 2012, 01:54:37 am »

Huh. Longest I ever slept for was ... 16 to 18 hours, I think? One time I got my wisdom teeth on the bottom pulled out, and the other I stayed up for about 2 days playing games.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23879 on: December 11, 2012, 01:56:11 am »

I was more WTFing that she let me sleep that long. I've gone a solid 30+ hours before (I was really sick,) but every stint of 12+ has always been in my own bed.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 1590 1591 [1592] 1593 1594 ... 11037