Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1483 1484 [1485] 1486 1487 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14488676 times)

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #22260 on: November 14, 2012, 01:50:14 pm »

Nah, the military is just full of bumbling fools who don't even know how to set up a quarantine.

My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22261 on: November 14, 2012, 01:50:51 pm »

I think it's funny that the US Army actually does have plans for what to do in a Zombie Apocalypse. Just because. 

Also. Ninjas.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22262 on: November 14, 2012, 01:51:07 pm »

If there's actually a zombie apocalypse, I imagine the cities would empty out pretty fast as people follow the same (flawed) logic, and rush out onto the highways where they get nommed while attempting to escape to the country, achieving not an escape from the crowds that followed them but only from the security forces that could protect them... a countryside which is now full of roaming zombies that had the same idea. If you're already far enough out you might be fine, like in a small town. But then you'll be cut off from information, and you'll likely be ill prepared for the threat.

And the idea of zombies being poisonous if kind of stupid. If the virus was so powerful it could survive a good cooking, everything the zombies ever touched would be infectious. You'd literally have no chance, ever, unless you were immune... and then you could eat the zombies anyway.

But anyway, the most important first task in any zombie apocalypse is getting someone relatively secure, which the city has in abundance, which can be reached without traveling on the now clogged roads.

Then, you need to capture some frickin' zombies, and have enough people to act as lab rats (drawing the short straw) to figure out exactly what's going on and what rules you are operating under. Because if you don't understand what sort of zombie apocalypse you're in, you're dead. It's that simple. And a (smallish) city is most likely to offer the pockets of security and numbers that are likely to result in that knowledge while leaving you alive.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22263 on: November 14, 2012, 01:51:13 pm »

YOU ARE IS WRONG< AND I AM IS RIGHT.  I WILL NOW IGNORE EVERYTHING YOU SAY AND STRAWMAN YOU HELL OUT OF YOU.  PROCEDE TO LOSE BY MY DEFINITON :P

More importent is:  I steal myself a HAM radio or w.e.  What frequency should I use?  What message?
Ooh, ooh, I took a course in that.
Most people use a 20m wavelength. In the Uk at least, the frequencies around a 20m wavelength are the more used ones generally.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #22264 on: November 14, 2012, 01:51:45 pm »

I think it's funny that the US Army actually does have plans for what to do in a Zombie Apocalypse. Just because. 
Well if you prepare for the literal worst, you should be prepared for a horrible pandemic.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22265 on: November 14, 2012, 01:53:12 pm »

So, Glyph Gryph, where are you going to get food in your impenetrable stronghold of zombie !!Science!!?

My delete button must die.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22266 on: November 14, 2012, 01:55:01 pm »

Ask again in the zombie thread!

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #22267 on: November 14, 2012, 01:55:11 pm »

I have a cupboard with about 3 months worth of MREs in my house, with rationing I could stretch it to 6 months, assuming I don't supplement with foraging at all.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22268 on: November 14, 2012, 01:55:22 pm »

Yea... Any monster not more or less immune to bullets automatically loses in a fight against the modern military.
Except they are more-or-less immune. Unlike any other creature I can think of, a zombie has to be shot/stabbed/whatever in the brain. Modern military and police units train for body shots to knock down enemies and cause death via blood loss or destruction of vital organs. You could literally cut a zombie in half with a gatling gun and it would still just keep coming towards you.

So many ninjas @_@
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #22269 on: November 14, 2012, 01:58:32 pm »

Except they are more-or-less immune. Unlike any other creature I can think of, a zombie has to be shot/stabbed/whatever in the brain. Modern military and police units train for body shots to knock down enemies and cause death via blood loss or destruction of vital organs. You could literally cut a zombie in half with a gatling gun and it would still just keep coming towards you.
1. That makes no fucking sense whatsoever.
The SAS.
Heavily armoured elite shock troops trained in room to room fighting and head shots. Are they not the ultimate anti-zombie force?
Sure you Murricans may not have that, but guess what - everyone in your whole damn country who owns a gun is trained for a zombie apocalypse. Seriously.
All the media.

ALL THE MEDIA.

Is zombies.

It is glorious.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #22270 on: November 14, 2012, 01:59:07 pm »

Yes, and cats are also more or less immune to bullets because they are not much bigger than my head.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22271 on: November 14, 2012, 02:04:17 pm »

Yea... Any monster not more or less immune to bullets automatically loses in a fight against the modern military.

So many ninjas @_@
At last check, zombies would not be immune to napalm, flamethrowers or FAE ordnance.
Military: 1, Zombies (and any other form of life in the vicinity) 0.

Now if they develop fireproof zombies...we're fucked.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 02:07:51 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22272 on: November 14, 2012, 02:06:26 pm »

Nadaka is right. It's not a human zombie apocolypse we need to worry about.

It's a cat one.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22273 on: November 14, 2012, 02:08:50 pm »

Nadaka is right. It's not a human zombie apocolypse we need to worry about.

It's a cat one.
(Reanimated Cat has adopted Urist McSucker
Reanimated Cat bits Urist McSucker in the finger, tearing the skin!
Urist McSucker has become a zombie!)x~7,000,000,000
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22274 on: November 14, 2012, 02:09:04 pm »

So many ninjas @_@
At last check, zombies would not be immune to napalm, flamethrowers or FAE ordnance.
Miltary: 1, Zombies (and any other form of life in the vicinity) 0.

Now if they develop fireproof zombies...we're fucked.
Now, that's something I've never seen a satisfactory answer to in any zombie media. We've got helicopters and bombs and the like. Hell, we could probably anchor a blimp close to the ground and have a drunken shooting spree. How do the zombies stop them?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 1483 1484 [1485] 1486 1487 ... 11037