Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1448 1449 [1450] 1451 1452 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14474149 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #21735 on: November 06, 2012, 06:27:21 pm »

Where did that puzzle come from, eh?

Clearly the 'correct' answer isn't any of the given choices. If 25%, the odds of guessing it would be 50%. If 50%, the odds of guessing it would be 25%. If 60%, the odds would again be 25%. If anything else, the odds would be 0%. The only consistent answer is 0%, which isn't one of the given choices (which guarantees that the chance of guessing it will be 0%, making it the only answer that matches the chance of guessing that answer, and thus the only valid answer).

That's how it seems to me, at any rate. I am not a mathematician/logician/whatever, though.

P.S. What does a kinect have to do with not buying any microsoft products ever again ever? I don't have a kinect, personally, and have no intention of ever buying one. That isn't going to stop me from buying other microsoft stuff.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #21736 on: November 06, 2012, 06:50:57 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Where did that puzzle come from, eh?

Clearly the 'correct' answer isn't any of the given choices. If 25%, the odds of guessing it would be 50%. If 50%, the odds of guessing it would be 25%. If 60%, the odds would again be 25%. If anything else, the odds would be 0%. The only consistent answer is 0%, which isn't one of the given choices (which guarantees that the chance of guessing it will be 0%, making it the only answer that matches the chance of guessing that answer, and thus the only valid answer).

That's how it seems to me, at any rate. I am not a mathematician/logician/whatever, though.
Quite easy really. It's unsolvable. You do not know the correct answer. If it were 25% it'd be 1/3, the either 2 1/4. Mind game. Neither is consistent. There is no value to assign it. It could be 0 or 1.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #21737 on: November 06, 2012, 06:51:23 pm »

The only correct answer is to not play.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21738 on: November 06, 2012, 06:53:28 pm »

Im talking to my niece about My Little Pony, and she's going on and on about the fan episode made with the ponies and the cupcakes...  Funny, but she's all of 8 and knows it well enough.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21739 on: November 06, 2012, 07:02:21 pm »

I just realised. If I remember correctly, I first saw Salad Fingers at the age of 7.
I am suddenly very worried for my sanity.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21740 on: November 06, 2012, 07:07:49 pm »

Salad Fingers is one of the few things that I can say legitimately disturbed me. But yeah, I was pretty young at the time too.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21741 on: November 06, 2012, 07:28:03 pm »

Wow..  Salad fingers.. I were over 20 at that time.. I feel old now..

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #21742 on: November 06, 2012, 07:39:00 pm »

... *has no idea what salad fingers is*

And I probably don't want to know.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #21743 on: November 06, 2012, 07:39:24 pm »

Im talking to my niece about My Little Pony, and she's going on and on about the fan episode made with the ponies and the cupcakes...  Funny, but she's all of 8 and knows it well enough.

Tell me this wasn't the fan episode of ponies making cupcakes made from ponies? Right?

You can't tell me an eight year old can watch that and enjoy it and come away from it unaffected...unless they watch Happy Tree Friends already.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 07:42:29 pm by Mr Space Cat »
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21744 on: November 06, 2012, 07:45:05 pm »

We were just talking about children the same age watching Salad Fingers. I think you forget how resilient to mental trauma children (including past-you) are.

In other WTFery, 1984 was also a film? I never heard of this.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21745 on: November 06, 2012, 07:45:20 pm »

Pff, haven't seen Salad Fingers despite my brother going on about it a few years ago, it'll always be Weebl's Stuff for me.

Or... Homestar Runner... ::sniff::
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21746 on: November 06, 2012, 07:49:31 pm »

... *has no idea what salad fingers is*

And I probably don't want to know.

With the wonders of TvTropes, you never have to watch anthing disturbing ever again.
(But you WILL read about it.)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21747 on: November 06, 2012, 08:15:49 pm »

Tell me this wasn't the fan episode of ponies making cupcakes made from ponies? Right?

You can't tell me an eight year old can watch that and enjoy it and come away from it unaffected...unless they watch Happy Tree Friends already.

She said she did, and I thought she read the transcript, sam as me.  Ummm thats not the same cutesy crap she wanted me to watch with her... Is the blue one a guy or a girl?  its.... androgynous.  And slightly creepy.

I can totally see a bunch of grown men showing glee watching the smiling face of the pink one.  And here I thought I was depraived...  :-[
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21748 on: November 06, 2012, 08:20:05 pm »

Blue one is Rainbow Dash, and yeah she's a tomboy.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21749 on: November 06, 2012, 08:22:52 pm »

Also, a bit of info. That particular vid was made by one of the show's animators (meaning it's technically not a fan-vid). He's got a nice collection of various fucked-up drawings and a few flashes on his DeviantArt account.
Nothing important here, move along.
Pages: 1 ... 1448 1449 [1450] 1451 1452 ... 11037