Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1439 1440 [1441] 1442 1443 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14468812 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #21600 on: November 04, 2012, 07:34:16 pm »

Next year I assume your friends wore the same costumes and you went as Pacman?

:D Thank you for that.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21601 on: November 04, 2012, 08:11:48 pm »

EDIT: Related WTFery -- while perusing the Wiki history of Andorra, I discovered this gem:
In 1958, Andorra declared peace with Germany, having been forgotten on the Treaty of Versailles that ended World War I and, the conflict being extended by the lack of a peace treaty, remaining legally at war.
Are you telling me that World War I actually lasted past the end of World War II?
The Third Punic War technically lasted for more than 2100 years.
Wait wut? Please, explain.
No formal peace was signed; the Romans just leveled the city and salted the ground. It started in 149 BCE, and the cities of Rome and Carthage (now a suburb of Tunis) signed a peace treaty in February 1985 CE.

So while the de facto end of the war was in 146 BCE, the de jure end was in 1985 CE.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #21602 on: November 04, 2012, 08:22:36 pm »

I don't think that the fact that two cities did some symbolic stuff 30 years ago has much relevance. I'm betting on the Roman Senate declaring the war ended after Scipio's campaign.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21603 on: November 04, 2012, 08:28:40 pm »

I don't think that the fact that two cities did some symbolic stuff 30 years ago has much relevance. I'm betting on the Roman Senate declaring the war ended after Scipio's campaign.

But symbolism! And... And... Bureaucracy! Those two things are enormously important to bureaucrats and governments!
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21604 on: November 04, 2012, 08:55:05 pm »

I haven't been able to find any mention of a formal declaration of peace of any sort prior to the 1985 thing. I'm pretty certain that the whole "burn and raze the city, sow the earth with salt" thing was enough for it to be assumed the war was over without needing any sort of diplomatic notice (especially given that there really wasn't any sort of Carthaginian state with which to sign a peace treaty at that point).

3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21605 on: November 04, 2012, 08:56:15 pm »

Generally if your opponent has ceased to exist, you've won, treaty or no treaty.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21606 on: November 04, 2012, 08:57:03 pm »

But the war wasn't formally ended. Because technicalities are fun.  :P

3. Run Resize Enable

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21607 on: November 04, 2012, 09:02:58 pm »

Generally if your opponent has ceased to exist, you've won, treaty or no treaty.

This. "Hey, by the way, dead guy. This fight is officially over, now that you're dead and buried and have been for seven years now."
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #21608 on: November 04, 2012, 09:12:02 pm »

They won the war but it didn't end.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #21609 on: November 05, 2012, 03:18:53 am »

this is relevant to everyone

Basically perfect

please share in the wtf

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21610 on: November 05, 2012, 03:19:38 am »

I see a troll talking.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #21611 on: November 05, 2012, 03:20:12 am »

I don't know who I am anymore

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #21612 on: November 05, 2012, 04:53:38 am »

Why do online game makers / scammers think I will play their 'free for all hot powerful angel pool party' game?
Why would anyone ever play an online pool party?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #21613 on: November 05, 2012, 08:09:22 am »

So. Heard about the "normal to wake up for an hour or so thing" so after I woke up a good 3-4 hours after going to sleep, I said, "Okay. Let's chill for a bit, then turn back over and nap, see what happens." So I did. About 3-4 hours after that, I have woken up awake, alert, and with every screaming atom of my being wanting to go back to sleep. I feel like I'm in some kind of quantum consciousness state, both tired and not simultaneously.

If this is what physiologically normal sleep feels like, I'm not sure if want. It's somewhat torturous. With unbroken sleep, at least I have the decency to wake up tired and barely conscious.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #21614 on: November 05, 2012, 08:47:20 am »

I have a kid. Broken sleep being "nice" is BS, she still wakes us up almost every night.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))
Pages: 1 ... 1439 1440 [1441] 1442 1443 ... 11037