Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1430 1431 [1432] 1433 1434 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14464012 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #21465 on: November 02, 2012, 03:48:32 am »

Yeah, my brother's definitely one of those hyper-critical types.
That's why I was amazed when I saw a movie with him (Lawless, a film I'd wanted to see for a while) and afterwards he confided to me that "I'm actually struggling to think of anything bad to say about it!" :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #21466 on: November 02, 2012, 03:54:11 am »

I will pick a movie to pieces after I've already had fun watching it.  Usually this will amount to me deciding 3 or 4 hours later that "Yeah... that really wasn't a good movie... but I enjoyed it anyway!"

And then there are people like two of my co-workers who couldn't enjoy the second Batman movie because a single Chicago license plate ruined their suspension of disbelief forever.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21467 on: November 02, 2012, 04:52:03 am »

I tend to nitpick at movies when some stuff are bothering me.

Such as the ending of Surrogates.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Otherwise, the movie was kinda interesting.

Or Hancock.
Well it sure was a great move, at least until half way through.
What kind of ruined it was when I found out.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy moves from time to time, and I often disregard the advice of movie critics.
However there are some things which just ruins the experience for me.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #21468 on: November 02, 2012, 07:17:51 am »

Just had the weirdest test I have ever had. One example of many was that you were supposed to "simulate" a piece of assembler code on a piece of paper and show what was stored in the datamem after the code had run. Only one issue, the code they had provided would never terminate as it jumped straight past the base case :p

This is one of those tests that I either got a 5 or a 0 on.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21469 on: November 02, 2012, 08:28:01 am »

Jesus, I found another thing wrong with the latest Youtube update, something I feel will be a recurring theme in coming days:

I can't get to my liked videos now! The option that'd let me do that is not anywhere immediately accessible. I have to find which of the maybe 3 or 4 buttons that have my username in it but each lead to different places, serpentine through the labyrinth of links until I find the one that directs me to my personal page and then go to my likes from there.

You see, I like using my Likes as a way to catalog videos I might enjoy watching again, but just finding them now is a pain. Worse, when I finally found them, it dawned on me that something else was off... THEY'RE ALL OUT OF ORDER NOW JESUS CHRIST! Apparently I had taken it for granted in thinking that they'd always be listed in the order they were liked, but nope, now they're all jumbled up in no discernible order and just looking at them makes my head hurt. There's even redundant copies of liked videos in there somehow. Who did this? How could anyone fuck up this badly?

I have sorely overestimated your competence Google. Or rather, I've underestimated the the depth, breadth, and likelihood of your horrid blunders. Here's a tip: If it's not a search engine, just don't touch it from now on. Just, just... don't touch it at all. Everyone will be much happier.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21470 on: November 02, 2012, 08:29:51 am »

You could use the favorite function from now on.
But i agree that youtube sucks horribly now.
It's as if you live in a maze, and every time you want to go to the kitchen to eat you have to wander around for several hours.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21471 on: November 02, 2012, 08:40:12 am »

In my experience with these kind of things, it's more as though you live in a maze, and every time you want to go to the kitchen to eat you have to wander around for several hours, dodging pitfalls and arrow traps, resisting distractions and keeping ahead of the horrible beast charging along after you, hungry for your tender human flesh.

When (if) you finally do make it to the kitchen, you have to beat the boss to death with your keyboard, and then by the time you finally struggle over to the fridge all that's within is a frickin' slice of bread and a few pickled onions. Gah.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21472 on: November 02, 2012, 08:41:05 am »

My YouTube is fine!

Still signing me out randomly, though. o-o
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21473 on: November 02, 2012, 09:14:06 am »

I will pick a movie to pieces after I've already had fun watching it.  Usually this will amount to me deciding 3 or 4 hours later that "Yeah... that really wasn't a good movie... but I enjoyed it anyway!"

And then there are people like two of my co-workers who couldn't enjoy the second Batman movie because a single Chicago license plate ruined their suspension of disbelief forever.

Doesn't Chicago exist in the Batman universe? Couldn't they be tourists?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21474 on: November 02, 2012, 11:41:34 am »

I call your maple syrup, and raise you some walnuts.

In both cases, the man who showed up with a semi truck and a legitimate-looking purchase order was described as a 6-foot-2, 198-pound (90 kg) white male with a "very distinct Russian accent," said Lt. Dave Greer of the Tehama County Sheriff's Office.

Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21475 on: November 02, 2012, 11:46:42 am »

That is silly.  Commissioner Gordon is from Chicago.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21476 on: November 02, 2012, 11:50:00 am »

In both cases, the man who showed up with a semi truck and a legitimate-looking purchase order was described as a 6-foot-2, 198-pound (90 kg) white male with a "very distinct Russian accent," said Lt. Dave Greer of the Tehama County Sheriff's Office.

Somewhere in Siberia, the KGB is building a walnut-encrusted sticky bun that will bring the decadent West to its knees (most likely with diabetes).

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21477 on: November 02, 2012, 11:56:04 am »

Somewhere in Siberia, the KGB is building a walnut-encrusted sticky bun that will bring the decadent West to its knees (most likely with diabetes).
I decided to make a joke about Tsar Bomba, but then I got caught up in reading the wikipedia page on pastries.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21478 on: November 02, 2012, 12:00:58 pm »

I decided to make a joke about Tsar Bomba, but then I got caught up in reading the wikipedia page on pastries.

I was picturing a supervillain russian in a moon base going, "But how are we going to feed all these henchmen? Shit, man, this shit is hard. Let's steal some walnuts and a shitpile of maple syrup. Let 'em figure it out from there..."
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #21479 on: November 02, 2012, 12:21:17 pm »

*sage nod*
Hmmmmmm....

Good nutrition in a walnut.

Hmmmmmm....
*sage nod*
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.
Pages: 1 ... 1430 1431 [1432] 1433 1434 ... 11040