Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1405 1406 [1407] 1408 1409 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14467608 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #21090 on: October 29, 2012, 03:39:23 am »

Do you sometimes watch anime? Could be because of that.
Not all anime involves adolescents, you know.

I don't expect your average Joe to know that. Also stereotypes etc.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21091 on: October 29, 2012, 03:43:48 am »

Do you sometimes watch anime? Could be because of that.
Not all anime involves adolescents, you know.

I don't expect your average Joe to know that. Also stereotypes etc.
In my five years living mostly independently, I've only known two people that actually even know what anime is. One was an Autistic man who was obsessed with Twilight and Trinity Blood, the other one was a morbidly obese woman who rather enjoyed schiza videos and yaoi. I am unable to find a single person outside of those two who even knows that the Japanese make animated videos, save my mother that used to watch Devil Hunter Yohko and Sailor Moon with me, and my brother who has disowned me since I didn't want to be abused by him.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #21092 on: October 29, 2012, 05:14:45 am »

Oh, what blissful country you must live in!

WTF: there's an SCP about Dwarf Fortress 1.0: http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-1190

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21093 on: October 29, 2012, 07:33:04 am »

Thats seriously fucked O.o How the hell did they come to THAT conclusion?!
Said roommate is over-protective of the children he lost custody of due to his drug abuse and time in prison and he has been at my throat since he moved into this complex about eight months ago. It probably doesn't help that I look somewhat shaggy and spend most of my day in my room playing video games, which he thinks is childish.

That still seems like a huge leap to me? Some people...
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21094 on: October 29, 2012, 07:35:26 am »

Oh, what blissful country you must live in!

WTF: there's an SCP about Dwarf Fortress 1.0: http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-1190
I see they have the BOFH as a D-class.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21095 on: October 29, 2012, 07:35:38 am »

Dei essentially lives with a bunch of mentally unhinged people.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21096 on: October 29, 2012, 07:41:25 am »

Dei essentially lives with a bunch of mentally unhinged people.
Sounds like a good excuse to move out.
Might be the best option in some cases.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21097 on: October 29, 2012, 07:42:22 am »

I've already told him that, like 3 times xD He's stuck where he is though for at least a month.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21098 on: October 29, 2012, 07:44:59 am »

Also, is it just me or does your avatar change from that animeish person to a pony and back again every time I visit a thread?
It confuses me wether it's another forumite or not.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21099 on: October 29, 2012, 07:46:14 am »

www.signavatar.com

And for the record, it's Applejack (orange/yellow pony), Daring Do (pony with the hat), and Toph (Earthbender from Avatar). :P

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21100 on: October 29, 2012, 07:48:09 am »

www.signavatar.com

And for the record, it's Applejack (orange/yellow pony), Daring Do (pony with the hat), and Toph (Earthbender from Avatar). :P

Yes well, I havent actually seen any MLP episodes, and I have only seen glimpses of teh Avatar series.
Why I haven't you ask? i don't live in an english-speaking country, and my sig pretty much explains it all.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21101 on: October 29, 2012, 07:50:09 am »

www.signavatar.com

I like the Toph avatar the most, but is more the avatar that i think of as "you".

My wtf:
Apparantly the cleaning woman of the Jarl of Whiterun can order a hit on you in skyrim. I find this hilarious.
Especially when you just came out of a bed in a bandit camp and there's lydia amongst 4 hired thugs and the main thug is all "We're going to teach you a lesson".

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #21102 on: October 29, 2012, 08:22:24 am »

Pff, I've had hits ordered on my by Forsworn Briarhearts.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21103 on: October 29, 2012, 08:39:33 am »

The hitmen in general are a bit stupid.
You'd think that someone seen exiting the most feared magical college in Skyrim would be someone you'd leave alone. But no, apparently someone who could well have the power to crumble away half a town is someone it's okay to run at with swords.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21104 on: October 29, 2012, 08:40:57 am »

Famed sorcerer or meager peasant, they all die the same with a sword in their gut.

Now, that doesn't mean a head on charge is smart against a sorcerer though :P
Pages: 1 ... 1405 1406 [1407] 1408 1409 ... 11037