Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1390 1391 [1392] 1393 1394 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14475993 times)

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #20865 on: October 27, 2012, 11:09:58 pm »

It gets better after you flush it all out, if that helps.

The irritability, at least. I've never had to deal with the racism.
I am not certain who to blame for the racism part myself, and I have a feeling I should probably just drink it off with some more caffeinated sugar water.

If I don't get my caffiene I get really really fucking angry at BLACK PEOPLE!

RAAAAAAAAAWR
...Yeah, no matter how you say that it doesn't sound good.

...Sure we're not related?
I don't know.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20866 on: October 27, 2012, 11:19:46 pm »

...Sure we're not related?
Hence why all the shipping might be a bad idea.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20867 on: October 27, 2012, 11:20:28 pm »

Old fashioned taboos, FD. :P
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20868 on: October 27, 2012, 11:22:05 pm »

Oh, I don't give a damn about incest. It's the aftermath of doing it every damned generation that gets ya like it got the Hapsburgs.

Incidentally, know what's fun as hell? Openly stating that you don't have a problem with incest in a class full of fundies. Oh the trolls that were had that day.

3. Run Resize Enable

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #20869 on: October 27, 2012, 11:23:27 pm »

Oh, I don't give a damn about incest. It's the aftermath that gets ya like it got the Hapsburgs.

Incidentally, know what's fun as hell? Openly stating that you don't have a problem with incest in a class full of fundies. Oh the trolls that were had that day.
Incest is bad. Think of it like this: If it's so bad for your children that republicans are willing to let innocent babies die, is it a good idea?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20870 on: October 27, 2012, 11:24:56 pm »

Incest is bad in the same sense that living near a nuclear power plant is bad: it probably won't hurt anything if it's a one-time deal, but if you keep doing it for generations things will end with extra heads and insanity.

3. Run Resize Enable

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20871 on: October 27, 2012, 11:27:21 pm »

The nuclear power plant analogy isn't all that. Nuclear power plants don't really emit that much radiation.

It's more like drugs: one time isn't really enough to hurt, but it's not very likely to be a 'one time' thing, and the damage builds up before you know it.
Nothing important here, move along.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20872 on: October 27, 2012, 11:28:26 pm »

Incest is bad in the same sense that living near a nuclear power plant is bad: it probably won't hurt anything if it's a one-time deal, but if you keep doing it for generations things will end with extra heads and insanity.
But still, think of it. In republican views, abortion is baby-murder. So, if they allow it in the cases of incest, think about what that implies.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20873 on: October 27, 2012, 11:30:21 pm »

The nuclear power plant analogy isn't all that. Nuclear power plants don't really emit that much radiation.

It's more like drugs: one time isn't really enough to hurt, but it's not very likely to be a 'one time' thing, and the damage builds up before you know it.

Heh. Emissions don't mean a thing, I'm talking substandard maintenance and regulation.

3. Run Resize Enable

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20874 on: October 27, 2012, 11:35:56 pm »

Dunno where you live, I guess nuclear power plants aren't maintained to the ridiculous standards they are here in the Old South.

They're essentially defensible against military assaults and the backup systems have backup systems that have backup systems. Every day, every single valve, nozzle, gap, closure, screw, nut and bolt is checked on everything, and the employees are screened going in, going out, and every time they pass through one of the 3 levels of checkpoints going from less to more secure areas of the facility.
Nothing important here, move along.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20875 on: October 27, 2012, 11:37:02 pm »

Dunno where you live, I guess nuclear power plants aren't maintained to the ridiculous standards they are here in the Old South.

They're essentially defensible against military assaults and the backup systems have backup systems that have backup systems. Every day, every single valve, nozzle, gap, closure, screw, nut and bolt is checked on everything, and the employees are screened going in, going out, and every time they pass through one of the 3 levels of checkpoints going from less to more secure areas of the facility.
I wouldn't know, as the nearest Nuclear plant is at 3-mile island.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20876 on: October 27, 2012, 11:41:02 pm »

And then there are the ones where protesters manage to walk straight through all that security armed with a pair of wire cutters. And the ones that have catastrophic failures. And all the other industries where massive cut corners and corrupt oversight become evident as soon as something goes wrong. One of the main reasons why I prefer solar over nuclear power is the fact that no matter how shoddy the construction and maintenance is, no matter how many inspectors are bribed, a total failure won't result in fallout.

3. Run Resize Enable

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20877 on: October 27, 2012, 11:42:15 pm »

And then there are the ones where protesters manage to walk straight through all that security armed with a pair of wire cutters. And the ones that have catastrophic failures. And all the other industries where massive cut corners and corrupt oversight become evident as soon as something goes wrong. One of the main reasons why I prefer solar over nuclear power is the fact that no matter how shoddy the construction and maintenance is, no matter how many inspectors are bribed, a total failure won't result in fallout.
*cough*Chernoybl*cough*

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20878 on: October 27, 2012, 11:42:39 pm »

And then there are the ones where protesters manage to walk straight through all that security armed with a pair of wire cutters.
It is so damn sad that this has happened several times now. One of these days, someone with bad intent is going to be holding those wirecutters.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20879 on: October 27, 2012, 11:42:56 pm »

In the grand scheme of things, nuclear power has been quite kind to the environment, compared to say, oil, coal, and arguably hydroelectric.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 1390 1391 [1392] 1393 1394 ... 11037