Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1385 1386 [1387] 1388 1389 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14479715 times)

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #20790 on: October 27, 2012, 05:09:13 pm »

I dont get this "shipping" thing despite having had a look at the charts. Is this one of those "if you are on there you get it" sort of things or have I missed something?
This is a blank sig.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #20791 on: October 27, 2012, 05:10:07 pm »

I don't understand. Your solution to threads that you admit go wildly off-topic and without set purpose for actual discussion is to... create another thread that does the exact same thing? I'm not new to the internet, but I appear to be new to forums where stuff like that is allowed to happen.
Really? Man - you haven't been on the internet for what the internet is.

It's like a series of inter-connected tubes, but better.

Cassandra

• Bay Watcher
  • Serpent Lady, Slayer of Ancients
    • View Profile
« Reply #20792 on: October 27, 2012, 05:11:54 pm »

Oh, not a troll. He's newer to Bay Twelve, though...

Welcome!

We do this sort of stuff all the time. Rails are for other forums.
Cassandra likes elves for their taste, Cobalt for it's pretty colors, and kittens for their cute intentions. She is incredibly strong, but horribly unlucky, and speaks with a rasping accent. She is white with black eyes. She likes dwarves for their hilarious intentions.

"The fuck do you mean by 'plot'"

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20793 on: October 27, 2012, 05:14:43 pm »

I don't understand. Your solution to threads that you admit go wildly off-topic and without set purpose for actual discussion is to... create another thread that does the exact same thing? I'm not new to the internet, but I appear to be new to forums where stuff like that is allowed to happen.
Yes, these 4 topics have no set, defined topic. But in doing so, they fill the role of many dozen threads when everything must have a definite topic, and things that are either too touchy (politics, religion, etc) or deserve their own thread are put in their own thread. Stuff that is interesting to point out but not worth a thread gets piled in here instead of littering the front page and backpages of GD.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20794 on: October 27, 2012, 05:15:58 pm »

And besides, sometimes going off the rails produces absolutely amazing results. Hell, derailing spawned a tongue-in-cheek look at the Forum's ability to field a space program.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20795 on: October 27, 2012, 05:17:20 pm »

And besides, sometimes going off the rails produces absolutely amazing results. Hell, derailing spawned a tongue-in-cheek look at the Forum's ability to field a space program.
It also converted a spambot into a forum game once, and made the semi-successful Feudalism game idea.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20796 on: October 27, 2012, 05:18:22 pm »

I'd like to go on record as stating that I'm not participating in, nor do I plan in participating in, any shipping or related activities.
This, except I'm actually up for real life shipping.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #20797 on: October 27, 2012, 05:18:45 pm »

faster.

The internet isn't like a truck; you can't jump dump stuff on it.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20798 on: October 27, 2012, 05:19:50 pm »

faster.

The internet isn't like a truck; you can't jump dump stuff on it.
I thought that was what 4chan and/or Reddit was for?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #20799 on: October 27, 2012, 05:28:31 pm »

Okay, I (and that I.T. dude in that video) stand corrected. :P

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #20800 on: October 27, 2012, 06:14:12 pm »

It also converted a spambot into a forum game once, and made the semi-successful Feudalism game idea.

And then there's the second penguin invasion, the fapmaster supreme incident, the silliness that came about in the bay12 world map, the other 2 spambots that became games, the bayomon project (started as a partial derail an lp), and a bunch of other stuff that I can't remember
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 06:16:30 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20801 on: October 27, 2012, 06:37:27 pm »

First time in a while I've seen someone be vocally (ah, textually, I suppose) adverse to the routine here, as opposed to either fitting right in or slipping silently into that good night. There's my WTF of the evening, I suppose.

Since it was mentioned, though, I felt that I should chip in to some small degree: The way the happy, WTF, RAEG, and sad threads catch all the random stuff is absolutely wonderful. I've been in forums where there wasn't anything like them, and I can say without hesitation that I don't miss seeing every page filled with threads about some minor, perhaps mildly interesting topic that doesn't really merit more than a page or two of discussion.

also, that fapmaster moment seems to have made me a minor forum celebrity that is only mentioned to prove how unusual these forums are.
I don't know if I'd be particularly happy if the main thing people remember me is because I confused literal keystrokes with "keystrokes". It'd need to be something pretty damned kinky for me to be happy with it as my defining moment.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20802 on: October 27, 2012, 06:39:25 pm »

Yeah, I quite like the emotion threads. Interesting chatter.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20803 on: October 27, 2012, 06:42:14 pm »

For varying (sometimes by the post) definitions of interesting.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #20804 on: October 27, 2012, 06:44:08 pm »

For varying (sometimes by the post) definitions of interesting.
Jesus, WHY DOES EVERYTHING INTERESTING HAPPEN WHEN I AM OUT!?!

I spend limitless times on the forums waiting for something particularly stupid to occur, and when it does, I'm not even there to enjoy it!
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 1385 1386 [1387] 1388 1389 ... 11037