Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1361 1362 [1363] 1364 1365 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14481576 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #20430 on: October 24, 2012, 08:41:35 pm »

swag original meant "loot". But way way back in the 19th century.

In Australia in the 19th century "Swag man" meant "hobo". With a swag being a bundle of dirty blankets.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #20431 on: October 24, 2012, 08:42:21 pm »

I still have no clue about swag. Everyone around my highschool says it.
Originally meaning to present yourself confidently, it has since been adopted by many a young teenager to basically be interchangeable with cool. Or more simply put; SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #20432 on: October 24, 2012, 08:44:09 pm »

Wait, swag as in cutting down swagger? Not the shinies?

Man, that's actually approaching annoying. Swag means loot. Loot means swag. We need to hoist some mizzenmasts or something. Piratical is fine. Lazy is less appreciable.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20433 on: October 24, 2012, 08:45:55 pm »

They should swab the poopdeck with their swag. Ours is much more profitable to have.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20434 on: October 24, 2012, 08:46:42 pm »

I've heard 'swag' used as a shortened version of 'swagger' before, personally.
Nothing important here, move along.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20435 on: October 24, 2012, 09:50:22 pm »

misfits show
the black guy makes himself pregnant by tissure resuse problem.

odd show anyway, how many have they killed slopply and no police have caught them?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 11:55:16 pm by Lord Inquisitor »
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20436 on: October 24, 2012, 10:17:22 pm »

Ayup. Hence why 0- is so special, because the ±10% of the population with rhesus factor -, and specifically other people with 0-, would have trouble with receiving blood cells if there weren't any.

Another O- representing over here. I donate when I can, because O- can only get O-, and we universal donors that strangely only donate to each other need to stick togehter.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #20437 on: October 24, 2012, 10:18:36 pm »

Ayup. Hence why 0- is so special, because the ±10% of the population with rhesus factor -, and specifically other people with 0-, would have trouble with receiving blood cells if there weren't any.

Another O- representing over here. I donate when I can, because O- can only get O-, and we universal donors that strangely only donate to each other need to stick togehter.
Give us your blooooooooddddd. Give us your Bllooooooooooooooooooddddd.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20438 on: October 24, 2012, 10:20:25 pm »

Can you give blood Hans? I'd think your drug record would prevent that, especially if you did anything that requires needles.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20439 on: October 24, 2012, 10:31:09 pm »

Can you give blood Hans? I'd think your drug record would prevent that, especially if you did anything that requires needles.

Yes. I've never used needles. I would be offended at that question, but I've met WAAAY too many needle junkies to even muster up the requisite righteous indignation. :P And the only drug's I'd done around the time I was giving blood was pot, weeks before.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #20440 on: October 24, 2012, 10:34:04 pm »

"If the surgery was a sucess, wait, was I saying something? You've got a funny forehead."
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20441 on: October 24, 2012, 10:35:06 pm »

"If the surgery was a sucess, wait, was I saying something? You've got a funny forehead."

More like, "Dude, where am I? Dude, where's my car? ... Wait, where's my ARM?!" 'Oh, we had to remove it. Don't worry, we've got more stonerblood coming up, you won't care about a DAMN thing in a few minutes.'
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20442 on: October 24, 2012, 10:38:32 pm »

Yes. I've never used needles. I would be offended at that question, but I've met WAAAY too many needle junkies to even muster up the requisite righteous indignation. :P And the only drug's I'd done around the time I was giving blood was pot, weeks before.
Sorry :X Was an honest question since I dunno how these things work.

I do know I couldn't give blood some places due to being gay, so some wacky and stupid limitations wouldn't surprise me.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #20443 on: October 24, 2012, 10:43:20 pm »

Sorry :X Was an honest question since I dunno how these things work.

I do know I couldn't give blood some places due to being gay, so some wacky and stupid limitations wouldn't surprise me.
wait what.

Do they think gay blood is like a virus and is going to inject the gay gene(s) into healthy heterosexual cells? That's... Well, probably less crazy than people who think gays are satan worshippers and pedophiles after your children, but...

Silly fundamentalists, Gays aren't always pedophiles! But they always have amazing interior decorating. :P
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20444 on: October 24, 2012, 10:44:26 pm »

It's because of HIV. When it first exploded, it was mainly among the gay population, from what I know anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 1361 1362 [1363] 1364 1365 ... 11037