Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1341 1342 [1343] 1344 1345 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14482130 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #20130 on: October 20, 2012, 11:48:18 pm »

I'm sorry hans! I didn't mean to unintentionally torture you! D:
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20131 on: October 20, 2012, 11:48:35 pm »

No, Hans. You will live, forever!

In the COMFY CHAIR!

* Descan points at the chair made of iron and spikes.

... We REALLY need to rename this thing.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20132 on: October 20, 2012, 11:51:43 pm »

It is...the POINTY CHAIR!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20133 on: October 20, 2012, 11:52:24 pm »

I'm sorry hans! I didn't mean to unintentionally torture you! D:

You're all good. I'm somewhat of a masochist, so it works out.

In the COMFY CHAIR!

... How about the 'Loveseat'?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20134 on: October 20, 2012, 11:53:38 pm »

No, that's my lap.
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20135 on: October 20, 2012, 11:54:37 pm »

Can I sit in the love seat? :3
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20136 on: October 20, 2012, 11:55:32 pm »

Oh snap. >.<

In other news, my hand hurts. I wonder if it's going to rain tomorrow.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20137 on: October 20, 2012, 11:57:24 pm »

Yes.

And it will.

Get a tiny raincoat for your hand.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20138 on: October 20, 2012, 11:58:27 pm »

Yes.
Hooray!

I approve of this suggested course of action.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20141 on: October 21, 2012, 12:03:08 am »

I approve of this suggested course of action.

... Nice. :)
He's fucking with us.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #20142 on: October 21, 2012, 12:07:52 am »

In the COMFY CHAIR!

Whenever Someone says comfy chair, I think of this.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20143 on: October 21, 2012, 12:13:37 am »

(Wait, THAT MANY new posts while I was composing this one? Yikes.)

Its not a question of allergy, Its poison.

Caffeine is technically poisonous. To You too. Its just it isn't poisonous in small amounts per body weight. I.E. Dogs can't drink Coffee either. And you can't consume a ton of Cofee our die. And Pure caffeine is pure poison. And, according to this, caffeine is the most widely consumed stimulant drug in existance.

According to wikipedia, dogs (and cats, but cats are much less likely to try eating chocolate, as they cannot taste sweetness) metabolize caffeine and theobromine much more slowly than humans do, which is one reason chocolate is more lethal for them (also coffee, coffee grounds, coffee beans, etc). Baker's chocolate also does have an excessive amount of theobromine, as well. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theobromine_poisoning says "The amount [of theobromine] found in highly refined chocolate candies (typically 1.4–2.1 g/kg or 40–60 mg/oz) is much lower than that of dark chocolate or unsweetened baker's chocolate (> 14 g/kg or > 400 mg/oz)." The LD50 wikipedia lists for theobromine is 300 mg/kg for dogs and ~1000 mg/kg for humans. Googling comes up with an LD50 for caffeine for dogs of 140 mg/kg. Wikipedia says for humans "The LD50 of caffeine in humans is dependent on individual sensitivity, but is estimated to be about 150 to 200 milligrams per kilogram of body mass or roughly 80 to 100 cups of coffee for an average adult."

Hershey's has a chart showing caffeine and theobromine amounts per serving size (and grams per serving) in their products, which is nice of them (although this is not an endorsement, and I do not buy any of their products myself; it just showed up as the first google result when I searched for 'caffeine chocolate bars'): http://www.thehersheycompany.com/nutrition-and-wellness/chocolate-101/caffeine.aspx

Looking at the unsweetened baking chocolate, which is probably the deadliest thing... They don't say the number of servings / blocks per bar anywhere (even on the pages about the individual products), although a picture of the bar appears to show 8 blocks to it. If there are 8, 17 mg caffeine * 8 servings = 136 mg. 157 mg theobromine * 8 servings = 1256 mg. As I thought, there's far more of a danger for dogs from the theobromine than from the caffeine (as they would hit theobromine toxicity long before hitting caffeine toxicity unless eating something which has a bit less than twice as much theobromine than caffeine (because the LD50 for theobromine for dogs (300) is almost twice the LD50 for caffeine for dogs (140)). The only thing on Hershey's list which fits that criteria or even comes close is "Bliss, White Chocolate Meltaway" - which ONLY has a tiny amount of caffeine, and no theobromine at all). Tea may have more caffeine than theobromine, from a quick google search. Not sure about coffee.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #20144 on: October 21, 2012, 04:18:00 am »

Just... what. 3:30. Nope. Nope nope nope.

Is it weird that I thought this whole thing was funny?

Ye gods, I was wrong. That wasn't wrong, there are far worse things to see.
Holy hell that's horrifying.

Wow!  I actually played with this thing quite a bit back in '96-97.  I've often wondered if it was still around at all.  I haven't been able to remember what it was called for a very long time. 

Of course... all the locales I visited back then were much much more generic.  I never saw any of the creepy stuff that's in this video.  It also wasn't meant to be a "game" so much as a virtual hang-out space.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 04:31:30 am by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 1341 1342 [1343] 1344 1345 ... 11037