Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1320 1321 [1322] 1323 1324 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14480101 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #19815 on: October 15, 2012, 11:32:30 am »

GOD DAMN IT DESMOND

GET OFF THE FUCKING MOON
Asdfmovie?

Also, it surprises me too that working conditions are that bad in the US.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19816 on: October 15, 2012, 11:36:26 am »

GOD DAMN IT DESMOND

GET OFF THE FUCKING MOON
Desmond the moon bear!
'how did I get here?'
THE END!
Too late :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19817 on: October 15, 2012, 11:37:14 am »

Deeees-can, the moon bear!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19818 on: October 15, 2012, 12:03:08 pm »

I c wat u did thar
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19819 on: October 15, 2012, 12:10:26 pm »

That was kind of a gradual thing, and involved many different people and organizations from across the globe.
Kind of, kind of not. The ARPANET Project is where the Internet really started.
It depends. The project at CERN was the start of the real internert, while ARPANET was the first network of computers.

Kinda like comparing wherether unpowered Gliders or The Wright brothers invented the airplane.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19820 on: October 15, 2012, 12:24:09 pm »

That was kind of a gradual thing, and involved many different people and organizations from across the globe.
Kind of, kind of not. The ARPANET Project is where the Internet really started.
It depends. The project at CERN was the start of the real internert, while ARPANET was the first network of computers.

Kinda like comparing wherether unpowered Gliders or The Wright brothers invented the airplane.

Or you can go a little further back to the Welsh scientist Donald Davies.  Then there's CERN who pretty much definitely finished the job.  This isn't really an achievement any one group can claim credit for.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 12:26:13 pm by lordcooper »
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #19822 on: October 15, 2012, 02:04:47 pm »

Sounds completely logical to me, and it's about time that they found a solution to that problem that didn't involve labor-intensive manhandling.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #19823 on: October 15, 2012, 02:33:01 pm »

Apparently staffing changes at work today have put me working in an unfamiliar pharmacy department, on a shift I've never worked. This should be... interesting. They must be getting pretty desperate.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19826 on: October 15, 2012, 09:19:01 pm »

Game intro, could not alt-tab out of it, what is this sorcery?  (when the game loaded I could alt tab, but still)
Also, why is it that the mouse movement is floaty but the animations seem smooth... A intel HD 3000 laptop, but still, the mouse should not be floaty and move a bit after I move the mouse...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 09:22:19 pm by bluejello »

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19827 on: October 15, 2012, 09:20:40 pm »

Some games inhibit that since tabbing can cause bugs during loading/whatever. If you forced it to a different window somehow, I'd be willing to bet you'd have a graphical glitch or two when it finishes.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #19828 on: October 15, 2012, 09:22:56 pm »

There are some games that cannot be alt-tabbed at all. It's not very common nowadays, but hitting the windows key in Red Faction often required you to reboot your computer. (The game would still be in a window that took up the entire screen, blocking Explorer, but you could not refocus it to alt-f4.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Mongol13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The mongols are and were cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19829 on: October 15, 2012, 10:16:54 pm »

-DELETED-
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 07:33:31 pm by Mongol13524 »
If Nyquil isn't meant to be abused, then why does it come with a shot glass?

My old account on this forum is klingon13524.
Pages: 1 ... 1320 1321 [1322] 1323 1324 ... 11037