Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1315 1316 [1317] 1318 1319 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14479304 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #19740 on: October 13, 2012, 07:22:50 pm »

So, the creepy guy living up stairs is pretty much dying. Apparently, he started suffering paralysis in his left arm and parts of his face. After being taken to the hospital(which took much convinced to finally get him to go), he was told he either suffered multiple strokes or a micro-heart attack(doctors weren't sure which). Upon hearing this, he pulled the IV tube that they placed in his arm, and said something to the effect that every time he goes to the hospital, he hears the same shit.
After going to another hospital(presumable one of less quality), they give him some prescriptions.

Medicaid covered one, apparently, but not the other, which was $250. Hearing that price, he immediately turns to my stepdad who promptly says "Fuck that" and walks away. Later on, Medicaid covered all but $2, which the guy didn't even have. My stepdad would have given that, but he was miles away doing something else. Apparently, he must have begged two bucks from passerby.

I think I've found somebody who is quite literally too dumb to live.

Or too poor to live. Harsh reality is that medicines are expensive. In the US there's a surge as of late of studies and protocols concerning cost reduction to try to help less-well-off patients (even if the results are worse)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19741 on: October 13, 2012, 09:21:12 pm »

So, the creepy guy living up stairs is pretty much dying. Apparently, he started suffering paralysis in his left arm and parts of his face. After being taken to the hospital(which took much convinced to finally get him to go), he was told he either suffered multiple strokes or a micro-heart attack(doctors weren't sure which). Upon hearing this, he pulled the IV tube that they placed in his arm, and said something to the effect that every time he goes to the hospital, he hears the same shit.
After going to another hospital(presumable one of less quality), they give him some prescriptions.

Medicaid covered one, apparently, but not the other, which was $250. Hearing that price, he immediately turns to my stepdad who promptly says "Fuck that" and walks away. Later on, Medicaid covered all but $2, which the guy didn't even have. My stepdad would have given that, but he was miles away doing something else. Apparently, he must have begged two bucks from passerby.

Or too poor to live. Harsh reality is that medicines are expensive. In the US there's a surge as of late of studies and protocols concerning cost reduction to try to help less-well-off patients (even if the results are worse)

Yeah. I've got a broken hand that I've lived with for 1+ years because I can't afford to get it fixed.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #19742 on: October 13, 2012, 09:32:05 pm »

Yeah. I've got a broken hand that I've lived with for 1+ years because I can't afford to get it fixed.
I'm not getting braces until the medicaid bureaucrats fix their own filing error. Been 6 months, could be a couple more. And thats just approval
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19743 on: October 13, 2012, 09:36:34 pm »

Yeah. The whole healthcare thing is totally FUBAR.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19745 on: October 13, 2012, 10:18:45 pm »

I'm doing okay and now I feel guilty :(
My wooden badge was delicious.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19746 on: October 13, 2012, 10:19:46 pm »

I'm doing okay and now I feel guilty :(

Don't feel guilty. That's dumb. :P
He's fucking with us.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19747 on: October 13, 2012, 10:23:57 pm »

I was just trying to sound nice...

I saw this movie and it had this one guy who sewed his own finger on because he was too poor though. Gosh.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19748 on: October 13, 2012, 10:25:20 pm »

I saw this movie and it had this one guy who sewed his own finger on because he was too poor though. Gosh.
Hey, he could get Gangrene! Thats not good. He'd need disinfectant.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19749 on: October 13, 2012, 10:27:17 pm »

Expensive disinfectant.

He probably brewed up some homemade lye and poured it in his gaping wound until he couldn't feel anything (off-camera, of course) because apparently Americans are manly.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19750 on: October 13, 2012, 10:28:17 pm »

Expensive disinfectant.

He probably brewed up some homemade lye and poured it in his gaping wound until he couldn't feel anything (off-camera, of course) because apparently Americans are manly.
you bet we are, i'll tear off my own arm and beat you to death with it then eat it when im hungry.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19751 on: October 13, 2012, 10:29:50 pm »

And I'll apologize before drinking maple syrup and gaining super-strength and defeating the Roman Empire.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19752 on: October 13, 2012, 10:32:27 pm »

And I'll apologize before drinking maple syrup and gaining super-strength and defeating the Roman Empire.
So YOU'RE the maple syrup thief.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19753 on: October 13, 2012, 10:40:27 pm »

Expensive disinfectant.

you bet we are, i'll tear off my own arm and beat you to death with it then eat it when im hungry.
Yeah. You know, the first time I ever went to the emergency room is this year, and thats because my arm was broken. Before that, I've been electrocuted, burned, stapled, and otherwise injured. I once hurt my toe so bad it was covered in blood, and the nail fell off, and a bunch of other nastiness. Still never went to the docter. Actually, I went to the Docter ONCE before, but that was a tumor, so, no self care with that.

In america, the solution is DIY care. I'm pretty sure I could sew myself up need be.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #19754 on: October 13, 2012, 10:44:00 pm »

Syrup-theiving Visigoths, Batman! We've found him!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.
Pages: 1 ... 1315 1316 [1317] 1318 1319 ... 11037