Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1300 1301 [1302] 1303 1304 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14433654 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #19515 on: October 11, 2012, 04:06:13 pm »

Not too much happened after the security started attacking students for no reason. I recall one incident where some security type grabbed a special needs kid's backpack and then beat him down when he protested. The kid did manage to give the sob a shiner, though.
Please tell me that fuck got fired.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19516 on: October 11, 2012, 04:08:46 pm »

Not too much happened after the security started attacking students for no reason. I recall one incident where some security type grabbed a special needs kid's backpack and then beat him down when he protested. The kid did manage to give the sob a shiner, though.
Please tell me that fuck got fired.
I never heard anything about him getting fired. It probably didn't help that his other 'hat' was coaching for one of the teams. And supposedly (yeah, sure) the kid swung first. I'm just glad that they weren't allowed to carry tasers or pepper spray; the sole cop assigned to the school only threatened to taser people, and only once.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19517 on: October 11, 2012, 04:25:20 pm »

Here's the most rebellious thing that ever happened at my high school. I heard about it from a teacher, talking about student protests and whatnot.

See, there's a hat ban in my local school district. No hats allowed, from elementary to high school, due to fear about "gang symbols." Because we have such a problem with gangs here, I mean totally. :P

So anyway, years back, some students got it into their head that this ban was ridiculous. And decided to protest it. By making everyone wear a hat. So half the student body brought hats one day, the other half snitched, and the faculty was standing outside of every entrance to the school confiscating hats as people walked in. The protest was crushed rather easily.

And that's the most rebellious my high school has ever been.
hmm well we had a anti-protest against the WBC freaks at my old school does that top everybody?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19518 on: October 11, 2012, 04:25:42 pm »

I think the most interesting thing that happened to me at high school wasn't at the high school, it was at the tech center (which is basically an epic version of electives that you had to apply for, things like cisco networking, cooking, 3d animation, adv. CAD, most hvac-related fields, car repair, etc)

So it was the the very near end of last school year, and there was all of 5 or 6 people in class since at that point, you don't go to tech unless you have a reason, like certifications. We have a server or three in our lab (we being the cisco class), the IT guy at the tech center is friends with both teachers of ours (and everyone that was there that day, though not as much since we only saw him occasionally), and the class across the hall, 3d anim, wanted to see if the rendering worked well enough to use the servers some of the time as a render farm sorta thing. To test this, we of course need to take the requisite cables across the hall, and attached them temporarily to the ceiling. In the middle of this, the IT guy comes up the hall (the place is basically a giant squared C with an additional structure attached when they needed more space, so this isn't exactly rare) and says something like "I feel like I should say something about this, but I'm not sure what."

Then basically everyone else in the middle area of the C heres him comes to see why we're attaching ethernet cables to the ceiling of the main hallway with paper and zip-ties.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #19519 on: October 11, 2012, 04:35:13 pm »

My school does a "senior prank", which is usually something relatively harmless. However one year a group of about 10 people or so decided it would be fun to let the air out of the bus tires. Unbeknownst to them our bus tires are a special type of tire that isn't designed to be inflated/deflated easily, and is rather expensive to reinflate. The result was the school was out a thousand bucks or so and a couple of kids ended up getting charged with vandalism.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19520 on: October 11, 2012, 04:38:10 pm »

We were a catholic school, of potheads and drug dealers.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #19521 on: October 11, 2012, 04:42:05 pm »

Occasionally I remember most potheads are douchebags. Today it was the ridiculous ubiquity of "dude let's get stoned and play some CoD."

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19522 on: October 11, 2012, 04:43:16 pm »

Main rebellious thing at my school that comes to mind as far as I can remember were a few dozen students not going to class to protest budget cuts.
Presumably, I don't have to tell you how well that went. But it did get the word out, I guess.

Oh yeah, some guys also did the most benign senior prank ever, they wrote mildly insulting words on the sidewalk...
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19523 on: October 11, 2012, 04:44:23 pm »

My first secondary school had a dissident student newspaper once. Of course, it got quickly banned or something. Yay freedom of speech!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19524 on: October 11, 2012, 04:45:28 pm »

Occasionally I remember most potheads are douchebags. Today it was the ridiculous ubiquity of "dude let's get stoned and play some CoD."

Its not that they are douches so much as short-sighted.  Games and drugs do not a rich man make [unless Gamestop now sells pot].

And gaming stoned=much more fun if not harder.  Gaming buzzed is fun too [take Drunk Fortress].  Giving blood and then drinking is tops ;)
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19525 on: October 11, 2012, 04:46:55 pm »

Pfft who wants to be rich? Not me. Too much work.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #19526 on: October 11, 2012, 04:47:29 pm »

We had Senior Pranks too, but they were less pranks and more "Let's tie a hundred balloons to the school and make it festive".

So for one day the school was a rainbow and three very sad girls picking up deflated balloons.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #19527 on: October 11, 2012, 04:47:42 pm »

Its not that they are douches so much as short-sighted.  Games and drugs do not a rich man make [unless Gamestop now sells pot].

And gaming stoned=much more fun if not harder.  Gaming buzzed is fun too [take Drunk Fortress].  Giving blood and then drinking is tops ;)

I know, it doesn't actually have anything to do with CoD or high gaming. It just reminded me of all the stoner bros with ridiculous Bob Marley posters and all that crap. There are too many of those.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19528 on: October 11, 2012, 04:48:50 pm »

My first secondary school had a dissident student newspaper once. Of course, it got quickly banned or something. Yay freedom of speech!
Students don't have freedom of speech. Or property rights. Or freedom of choice (in quite a few respects). So in essence schools model a fairly nonviolent sort of totalitarian state.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #19529 on: October 11, 2012, 04:49:45 pm »

It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 1300 1301 [1302] 1303 1304 ... 11039