Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1299 1300 [1301] 1302 1303 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14433260 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #19500 on: October 11, 2012, 12:09:12 pm »

And useful. Zip ties have a quite impressive number of uses. Be a fair bit better if they were more reusable, but it's hard to argue with their immediate capabilities. I've got... probably a few hundred laying around somewhere. Will last for a while. S'good to have plenty on hand, just in case.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #19501 on: October 11, 2012, 12:14:14 pm »

Kinky.
Zip ties are not that kinky.

Did you know that wal-mart now sells festively colored duct tape aka pink bondage tape?
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19502 on: October 11, 2012, 12:15:33 pm »

Oh man.
Y'all just reminded me of the zip tie rampage that occurred for a while back in high school.
Whenever you went indoors and left your bag outside, be it for class, school assembly, sport... Whatever the reason, there was a good chance you'd return to find your bag zip-locked tightly shut.
It was a pain in the butt when you had books and such to shove in there.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19503 on: October 11, 2012, 12:16:33 pm »

Zip ties! Duct tape! Gorilla Glue! The Beatin' Wrench! Murderous intent! By their powers combined, any problem can be solved!

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19504 on: October 11, 2012, 12:17:35 pm »

And useful. Zip ties have a quite impressive number of uses. Be a fair bit better if they were more reusable, but it's hard to argue with their immediate capabilities. I've got... probably a few hundred laying around somewhere. Will last for a while. S'good to have plenty on hand, just in case.

Reusable zip ties do exist; I own a bunch of them. I suppose the fact that anyone can just unzip them make them unsuitable for some things, but it's a worthwhile tradeoff.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Khorne

• Bay Watcher
  • The one and only Blood God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19505 on: October 11, 2012, 12:18:30 pm »

Another Cortex story for you today. I was siegeing an enemy and was nearly victorious, but I was out of funds mind you, so I'd have to retreat if this one last soldier dies. So, he was climbing up a snowy hill, and very randomly, died. My last soldier, armed with some pretty powerful weapons, just randomly died on the snow. I don't know what happend that day, but I did think of Dwarf Fortress alot while that happend.
This is my signature. Notice how it is all clean and bloodless? Well a sacrifice of Men Women or Space Marines will help me put blood on this signature,
-Khrone 2013.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #19506 on: October 11, 2012, 12:22:41 pm »

Reusable zip ties do exist; I own a bunch of them. I suppose the fact that anyone can just unzip them make them unsuitable for some things, but it's a worthwhile tradeoff.
Ah. I'll have to look into them. I usually use th'ties to secure cabling and suchlike, so if the resuable ones manage that well, I'd definitely rather be using them. Somewhat more environmentally friendly :P

Zip ties! Duct tape! Gorilla Glue! The Beatin' Wrench! Murderous intent! By their powers combined, any problem can be solved!
You forgot the screwdriver. Probably flathead, they're a bit more versatile. Give me a screwdriver, a hammer, and time, and I can disassemble a fire truck. No guarantees about reassembly.

Maybe wirecutters, too. That'd help, but not be requisite.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19507 on: October 11, 2012, 12:27:18 pm »

Yeah, but then you'd be making something other than Captain Percussive Maintenance.

3. Run Resize Enable

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #19508 on: October 11, 2012, 03:51:22 pm »

Oh man.
Y'all just reminded me of the zip tie rampage that occurred for a while back in high school.
Whenever you went indoors and left your bag outside, be it for class, school assembly, sport... Whatever the reason, there was a good chance you'd return to find your bag zip-locked tightly shut.
It was a pain in the butt when you had books and such to shove in there.

When I was a freshman and sophmore, we zip-tied the everything to the everything. That abruptly ended junior year when we gained access to the good glue in the upper-class machine shop.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19509 on: October 11, 2012, 03:53:30 pm »

Ah, in my high school it was all about 'flipping', where you turned someone's backpack inside-out while they were gone.

3. Run Resize Enable

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19510 on: October 11, 2012, 03:54:24 pm »

MY high school didn't have a problem with random property damage.

It was a boring high school.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19511 on: October 11, 2012, 03:55:11 pm »

Butter on the rails and 'pantsing'.  In 40F weather everything looks small, esp to the volleyball team, trust me.  Even being on the football team did little to help :(
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Swiftling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19512 on: October 11, 2012, 04:00:21 pm »

My school isn't that interesting. :( I think the most rebellious thing that anyone has ever done is when the year 12s put up posters of sex positions everywhere.

But we do occasionally get streakers. That's gross.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19513 on: October 11, 2012, 04:05:19 pm »

Not too much happened after the security started attacking students for no reason. I recall one incident where some security type grabbed a special needs kid's backpack and then beat him down when he protested. The kid did manage to give the sob a shiner, though.

3. Run Resize Enable

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19514 on: October 11, 2012, 04:05:41 pm »

Here's the most rebellious thing that ever happened at my high school. I heard about it from a teacher, talking about student protests and whatnot.

See, there's a hat ban in my local school district. No hats allowed, from elementary to high school, due to fear about "gang symbols." Because we have such a problem with gangs here, I mean totally. :P

So anyway, years back, some students got it into their head that this ban was ridiculous. And decided to protest it. By making everyone wear a hat. So half the student body brought hats one day, the other half snitched, and the faculty was standing outside of every entrance to the school confiscating hats as people walked in. The protest was crushed rather easily.

And that's the most rebellious my high school has ever been.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 1299 1300 [1301] 1302 1303 ... 11039