Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1282 1283 [1284] 1285 1286 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14456512 times)

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #19245 on: October 08, 2012, 03:22:46 pm »

Well, guess it's time to stick with Sim City 4 Deluxe with the unstable mods installed then.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19246 on: October 08, 2012, 03:23:26 pm »

Meh. Sim city 2000 is still the best.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19247 on: October 08, 2012, 03:24:13 pm »

Please, do not blaspheme.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19248 on: October 08, 2012, 03:25:47 pm »

Hey, I liked it :P
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19249 on: October 08, 2012, 03:27:59 pm »

* Vorthon admits to having never played any of the Simcity games.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19250 on: October 08, 2012, 03:28:34 pm »

Oh, I did too.  But I feel Sim City 4 has just the right amount of complexity and fun (even better with the mass transportation rehauled mods) to be a challenging but fun blast.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #19251 on: October 08, 2012, 03:34:51 pm »

Simcity 4 was crap because it did not have a random terrain generator. that was half the fun of playing.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19252 on: October 08, 2012, 03:37:08 pm »

I've got dozens of scars. Although at least 95% of them are from backne that I couldn't leave alone. Seriously, you could play connect-the-dots with my back.

So I just watched the footage of what Spore looked like at E3 2005.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
EA, I am dissapoint. The game could've been so much better!

Tell me about it.

WHY THE HELL WASN'T THIS RELEASED? D:

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19253 on: October 08, 2012, 03:38:55 pm »

I've got a couple of scars on my face. Four, fairly neatly spaced, nearly vertical, razor thin lines from just above my left eyebrow to my cheekbone. You guys already know the story behind that, though. The bridge of my nose where my glasses sit has a scar from being thrown off a roof and landing on a rake with my face the trident fight. My left cheek is a mishmash of tiny, barely visible scars from taking so many punches that cut me open. My knuckles and fist area are a mishmash of scars, mostly from giving so many punches, although two are from a freak rotisserie accident from when I worked in the deli at Meijer huge Germanic gladiator. There's the one on my thigh from the prybar tiger, the burn marks up and down my arms and back of my neck from my brother greek fire, and the left side of my back from the chainsaw. I've got a couple of little ones across my ribs from my cousin (captain facekick) smacking me around with a bike spiked chain. My knees are all scarred up from rollerblading with no pads on axes. My shins are scarred up from Muay Thai. I've also got a permanent rope burn on my neck from a failed suicide attempt.

Man, I'm glad I'm covered in body hair, or I'd look like a Roman Gladiator. O_o
Found this from June. It's a pretty comprehensive list, I think.

FTFY, Mr. Gladiator.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19254 on: October 08, 2012, 03:39:02 pm »

I've got dozens of scars. Although at least 95% of them are from backne that I couldn't leave alone. Seriously, you could play connect-the-dots with my back.

So I just watched the footage of what Spore looked like at E3 2005.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
EA, I am dissapoint. The game could've been so much better!

Tell me about it.

WHY THE HELL WASN'T THIS RELEASED? D:
Kind of sucks that they couldn't sell us the game that everyone was hyped about. Well, that Mr.Wright couldn't. I suspect EA had a hand in changing up the game to "appeal to a wider audience".
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19255 on: October 08, 2012, 03:42:46 pm »

I just wanted the underwater phase. And better pacing for the space phase. Like, building your way up to interstellar capabilities instead of just "LOLZ U FINDZ A HYPUR DRIVE ON A NEERBY PLANET!!!!!!11!!!!one!oneone!1"
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 03:46:19 pm by Vorthon »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19256 on: October 08, 2012, 03:44:09 pm »

I've got a couple of scars on my face. Four, fairly neatly spaced, nearly vertical, razor thin lines from just above my left eyebrow to my cheekbone. You guys already know the story behind that, though. The bridge of my nose where my glasses sit has a scar from being thrown off a roof and landing on a rake with my face the trident fight. My left cheek is a mishmash of tiny, barely visible scars from taking so many punches that cut me open. My knuckles and fist area are a mishmash of scars, mostly from giving so many punches, although two are from a freak rotisserie accident from when I worked in the deli at Meijer huge Germanic gladiator. There's the one on my thigh from the prybar tiger, the burn marks up and down my arms and back of my neck from my brother greek fire, and the left side of my back from the chainsaw. I've got a couple of little ones across my ribs from my cousin (captain facekick) smacking me around with a bike spiked chain. My knees are all scarred up from rollerblading with no pads on axes. My shins are scarred up from Muay Thai. I've also got a permanent rope burn on my neck from a failed suicide attempt.

Man, I'm glad I'm covered in body hair, or I'd look like a Roman Gladiator. O_o
Found this from June. It's a pretty comprehensive list, I think.

FTFY, Mr. Gladiator.
...is that better, or worse? O_o

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19257 on: October 08, 2012, 03:45:29 pm »

... About the same really, just more medieval.

Notice I left the chainsaw scar in.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19258 on: October 08, 2012, 03:47:09 pm »

Nothing wrong with that.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19259 on: October 08, 2012, 03:49:44 pm »

Nothing wrong with that.

That would be a horrifying, if somewhat ineffective, weapon.
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 1282 1283 [1284] 1285 1286 ... 11040