Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1271 1272 [1273] 1274 1275 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14463562 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #19080 on: October 07, 2012, 08:09:04 pm »

I love Finnegans Wake.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #19081 on: October 07, 2012, 08:33:51 pm »

I love Finnegans Wake.
Nothing wrong with that.

D'you have a preferred performer?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19082 on: October 07, 2012, 10:05:49 pm »

You thinks thats weird? Go look at what he does in einsteineian roulette.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19083 on: October 07, 2012, 10:08:36 pm »

Okay, so I told my LF about what MZ thought her dream meant. And she asked me to ask my, and I quote, 'Internet friends', "What does it mean if you have a dream where you kill someone?"

So. Any ideas?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #19084 on: October 07, 2012, 10:11:53 pm »

Trying to figure out how to communicate with a team in China... their e-mail and instant messages are broken; and I have no clue what their phone numbers are... came into work just to check on them remotely...
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #19085 on: October 07, 2012, 10:12:59 pm »

Okay, so I told my LF about what MZ thought her dream meant. And she asked me to ask my, and I quote, 'Internet friends', "What does it mean if you have a dream where you kill someone?"

So. Any ideas?

Psychoanalysis is a lie and anyone who tells you what a dream purports to mean are making a guess, if that.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #19086 on: October 07, 2012, 10:13:29 pm »

So. Any ideas?
Depends on who it is. Stranger? Aquaintance? Family? Boss?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19087 on: October 07, 2012, 10:14:42 pm »

So. Any ideas?

Psychoanalysis is a lie and anyone who tells you what a dream purports to mean are making a guess, if that.

This is most likely.

So. Any ideas?
Depends on who it is. Stranger? Aquaintance? Family? Boss?

I'm guessing either close personal friend or lover.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #19088 on: October 07, 2012, 10:15:30 pm »

Probably depends on the why, how, the when/where, and the who. I mean, there's a lot of different ways and reasons to kill someone, and who they are changes things up, as can the situation involved.

But seriously, I've got no clue. I've never really had much luck with dream interpretation. Mine tend not to fall into any particularly normal pattern, unfortunately(?). So the standard "It might mean this" just... doesn't really fit. My subconscious mostly seems to like to world build, and prefers a neat story to anything else, including my own wishes. Mumblemutter. One day I'll have one of those falling dreams or somethin'. Or standard social anxiety!dream or whatever. That day is not yet here!

And then mostly what Wrex said. While it amuses me, I've often been fairly well convinced it's bunk, or at least so heavily dependent on individual factors (up to and including brain structure) that generalizations are mostly useless~
Ask not!
Ask!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #19089 on: October 07, 2012, 10:16:03 pm »

Yep.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19090 on: October 07, 2012, 10:16:35 pm »

This makes sense. I've had falling dreams btw, but never social anxiety dreams. In my dreams, I've got balls of steel. I do what I want. :P
He's fucking with us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #19091 on: October 07, 2012, 10:21:16 pm »

This makes sense. I've had falling dreams btw, but never social anxiety dreams. In my dreams, I've got balls of steel. I do what I want. :P
I turn roadsides into lego chesspieces via hadoken from the rear of a school bus, and then get chased by the pieces as they assemble into a golem. While awesome music plays.

That was a good one. It made sense in context. People had superpowers (or could simulate them via spoken word... like somatic verbal casting kicked up to the nines, given to schoolchildren.), mine was to turn things into lego chess pieces via hadoken blast.

Alternately, alien xenomorph in living room. That one was less pleasing. But it was interesting. They're all interesting. It gets somewhat annoying, honestly...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 10:25:12 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #19092 on: October 07, 2012, 10:24:34 pm »

Falling in my dreams always immediately wakes me up. And as soon as I wake up the dream starts fading real quick, and my brain is too slow to write anything down so it fades away or is rewritten into a waking, lucid mishmash of imagination and dreaming.

I sleep weird.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Meansdarling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19093 on: October 07, 2012, 10:40:33 pm »

I remember having the falling, wake up as you hit dream.
It was scary the first time but then I dreamed it on purpose for fun and haven't had it since.

As for killing people in a dream, I've never done it.
I've had the impression of fighting others and defeating them but it's so non specific that there is no guilt or emotion involved.

Having an intense dream of killing someone actually sounds like a good time to me.
I wonder what sort of emotions it would bring up... Would I feel guilty during or after the dream?
Would I be terrified of what I could do IRL afterwards? Would it simply be a rush, enjoyable even?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19094 on: October 07, 2012, 10:42:01 pm »

I remember having the falling, wake up as you hit dream.
It was scary the first time but then I dreamed it on purpose for fun and haven't had it since.

As for killing people in a dream, I've never done it.
I've had the impression of fighting others and defeating them but it's so non specific that there is no guilt or emotion involved.

Having an intense dream of killing someone actually sounds like a good time to me.
I wonder what sort of emotions it would bring up... Would I feel guilty during or after the dream?
Would I be terrified of what I could do IRL afterwards? Would it simply be a rush, enjoyable even?

I've have dreams where I may as well call it genocide. They are rather enjoyable in context.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute
Pages: 1 ... 1271 1272 [1273] 1274 1275 ... 11040