Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1161 1162 [1163] 1164 1165 ... 11003

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13654119 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #17430 on: September 24, 2012, 03:48:22 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/2-marines-court-martialed-urination-case-183621872.html

The comments. Every one that I have read so far has been outraged that US soldiers are not allowed to pee on dead taliban and post videos of it online.
Yahoo comments are basically youtube comments done by everyone who reads the Daily Mail. Please consult your local doctor before reading.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17431 on: September 24, 2012, 03:52:21 pm »

To steal a phrase from Penny Arcade, the comments section of Yahoo "can be likened to the bottom of the Internet barrel.  Actually, it's like if the bottom of the barrel had it's own barrel, with another bottom altogether, that then dripped on an ocean of diseased rats which then leapt into a rank sewer."

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17432 on: September 24, 2012, 03:59:26 pm »

You mean it's infectious? Sheeeeeeet!

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17433 on: September 24, 2012, 04:01:24 pm »

It's like a digital form of SCP-008. Only worse.

... I say we sic Bright on 'em.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17434 on: September 24, 2012, 04:04:20 pm »

Yahoo comments: after observing them, you need liberal application of brain bleach immediately, and a course with a psychiatrist, else you risk going insane and becoming a yahoo commenter.
It's pretty much the same people twitting about their social medium, reverberating their own very "unique" opinions to each other. Eventually they believe themselves right because they see others agreeing.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17435 on: September 24, 2012, 04:04:48 pm »

... we could post pics of 370...

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17436 on: September 24, 2012, 04:08:02 pm »

...The mental image of Bright infected by the Yahoo! plague is terrifying.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17437 on: September 24, 2012, 04:10:44 pm »

Thought experiment: unleash 732 on Yahoo.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17438 on: September 24, 2012, 04:15:12 pm »

Well yeah I was just thinking if we could get rid of th*ç%"I ROXXORS YOU CANOT DEFEAT ME I AM TEH UBERZ"$*ç! oh goddamit.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17439 on: September 24, 2012, 05:17:15 pm »

China's Most Terrifying Theme Park

That China would host an incredibly fun, dangerous theme park is not surprising. I hiked the Great Wall in sections where it was a 30-foot fall into thickets of briars on either side, with no handrails and half the wall collapsed. But this part was my WTF:

Those who prefer a less stressful experience are invited to take a seat and witness some of the finest, most bizarre entertainment on offer in the People’s Republic: the North American Lumbering Burlesque Show. In this, two teams of suspiciously Russian-looking cowboys and girls compete against each other by throwing axes at targets, waving around large chainsaws and alternating between fist fighting and folk dancing. The promotional material promises the audiences will “harvest limitless pleasures”. It is not wrong.
That's some... interesting stereotyping they got going on.

So is this.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17440 on: September 24, 2012, 05:49:28 pm »

A comment from a youtube video: "dont all u people out there just fucking hate people who r sooo stuck up with there fucking grades all the time? i mean like who the fuck needs grades when you have swag? fucking nerds who think grades get you everything, NO swag fucking does! where the hell do u expect to get a girlfirend these days, thats right with SWAG.my parents r like angry at me for getting es anf fs but serisouly i dont need fucking grades if i got swag. fuck u nerds enjoy gettin picked on idiots, swag rules the world!" Kill me, and him, NOW.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17441 on: September 24, 2012, 05:50:12 pm »

So, I walked into a little store, and the cashier was watching tv. No big deal, I guess. Suddenly, I hear, "NO PONY BREAKS A PINKY PROMISE!"

I was in a liquor store.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17442 on: September 24, 2012, 05:51:06 pm »

A comment from a youtube video: "dont all u people out there just fucking hate people who r sooo stuck up with there fucking grades all the time? i mean like who the fuck needs grades when you have swag? fucking nerds who think grades get you everything, NO swag fucking does! where the hell do u expect to get a girlfirend these days, thats right with SWAG.my parents r like angry at me for getting es anf fs but serisouly i dont need fucking grades if i got swag. fuck u nerds enjoy gettin picked on idiots, swag rules the world!" Kill me, and him, NOW.

... He's obviously never heard of Bill Gates.

Also, it seems we have a specimen of Homo Erectus transposed into the modern era.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17443 on: September 24, 2012, 05:51:27 pm »

Oreo, while it's certainly possible that youtube comment is legit, it's also possible it's satirical. It's impossible to tell on youtube, so my suggestion is to assume the one that retains the most of your own sanity. Assume the guy is joking.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17444 on: September 24, 2012, 05:51:49 pm »

Suddenly, I hear, "NO PONY BREAKS A PINKY PROMISE!"

Even stranger is how a pony can pinky promise when all it has is hooves.  HOW DOES THAT WORK YO?
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout
Pages: 1 ... 1161 1162 [1163] 1164 1165 ... 11003