Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1128 1129 [1130] 1131 1132 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14481088 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #16935 on: September 19, 2012, 03:34:24 pm »

Trimming is all that's needed down there :P
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16936 on: September 19, 2012, 03:56:37 pm »

EDIT: Also, the Russians are apparently sitting on top of $1,000,000,000,000,000 worth of asteroid impact diamonds:o

One wonders why on Earth they let the Soviet Union go bankrupt if they had this available to them. Alternately, they could just sell them ALL now, competely refill the Russian state coffers (and make many, many people rich from embezzlement) and completely collapse the world diamond market and put DeBeers and the like out of business.
DeBeers is really going to hate this. Cant really see the fuss over diamonds its like gold and planinium belongs to the scientis not the fecking jewlers.
debeers 1949 not too diffrent nowadays except the scanning is better.
This. Diamonds are actually quite common, but the supply is controlled by a small number of people, so they can create artificial scarcity. If Russia suddenly decided to flood the market with their own diamonds, they would become practically worthless.

Not that I'm necessarily against this. Diamond is a very useful substance, aside from "OOH! Shiny!".

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16937 on: September 19, 2012, 03:58:03 pm »

Of course Russia wouldn't want to dump the value of their shinies, so don't expect them to sell them all at once.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #16938 on: September 19, 2012, 04:03:33 pm »

I'd love to see the price of diamonds tank almost as much as I'd love to see the price of gold tank.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16939 on: September 19, 2012, 04:05:46 pm »

If I'm recalling correctly lab-grown diamonds are indeed causing diamonds to tank. It isn't total and DeBeers would probably start assassinating people before they let their monopoly go willingly, but it is happening.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16940 on: September 19, 2012, 04:06:12 pm »

Id sell everything I own to buy diamonds should they get good and cheap.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16941 on: September 19, 2012, 06:37:44 pm »

Does this mean I can finally have a solid diamond cane with a big spike on the bottom? I'd use it to open bottles and cans in the most amusing way possible.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16942 on: September 19, 2012, 06:42:11 pm »

Does this mean I can finally have a solid diamond cane with a big spike on the bottom? I'd use it to open bottles and cans in the most amusing way possible.
Aww yeah. Also this.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #16943 on: September 19, 2012, 06:51:07 pm »

Bahaha. SOMEBODY hates college football...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16944 on: September 19, 2012, 06:52:08 pm »

What is he even saying?

It looks like "GRAWAAAWWWRRAAHHH".
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16945 on: September 19, 2012, 06:54:38 pm »

It's a chant of pure, undiluted masculine rage. Also, funny as hell.

3. Run Resize Enable

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16946 on: September 19, 2012, 06:56:48 pm »

looks like a standard retard in uniform.
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16947 on: September 19, 2012, 06:57:08 pm »

Oh gods dude, don't go there.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16948 on: September 19, 2012, 07:02:00 pm »

Oh gods dude, don't go there.
Which one, the Marine or the American football player? Because in the case of the latter that description probably fits, not least because of all the blunt force trauma to the head. In the case of the former... There is a distinction between disliking national military forces as entities and disliking the individuals of which they are composed. I prefer to refrain from passing judgement on individual soldiers (just like any other person) until I have some sort of information relating to them specifically, at which point I will have the appropriate opinion on them, based on a confluence of my personal sense of ethics and morals, their own ethical and moral worldview, their actions, and the reasons behind their actions.

3. Run Resize Enable

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16949 on: September 19, 2012, 07:04:42 pm »

The hat shaking back and forth really makes it.
Pages: 1 ... 1128 1129 [1130] 1131 1132 ... 11037