Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1077 1078 [1079] 1080 1081 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14460991 times)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #16170 on: September 11, 2012, 11:05:54 am »

My WTF for the day:
Apparently tapeworm larva can get in your brain and give you a bad case of brainworm. It can cause migraine, epilepsy, paralysis and death!

I almost posted that earlier to the "Things that made me terrified today" thread.

---

Meat morality I'm not very good at.  I get the arguments by vegetarians, and frankly I agree with them.  Yet I keep on eating meat.  I'm sorry!

Although sometimes I kind of wonder if cows and chickens could even survive in the wild anymore.  We are probably currently responsible for keeping some tasty species of animals alive at all.  Although I suspect pigs would probably get along fine without us. 

« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 11:13:06 am by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16171 on: September 11, 2012, 11:07:14 am »

I think it fits better in that thread, because holy crap, not a migraine that I want to have.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16172 on: September 11, 2012, 11:11:12 am »

Afaik, mayonnaise is egg whites and vinegar, main.ly
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16173 on: September 11, 2012, 11:12:39 am »

I also can't decide whether it's delicious or disgusting.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16174 on: September 11, 2012, 11:13:31 am »

What? then why is some of it yellow?

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16175 on: September 11, 2012, 11:13:44 am »

I also can't decide whether it's delicious or disgusting.

Delicious.  Especially garlic mayo as a dip for fries.  Mmmmm.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16176 on: September 11, 2012, 11:14:25 am »

Mayonnaise is oil, vinegar (sometimes lemon juice) and egg yolk. Sometimes a little mustard, depending on where you're at. And it is fucking delicious.

We try to do a good job raising the kids to understand where meat comes from, so that they can make that decision themselves. We're actually taking them on a farm tour this weekend, including to one of the farms we get a lot of our sausage and bacon from.

My daughter takes after me, down to being disturbingly non-empathic. Her attitude is "Awwww, cute baby pig. I bet it'll taste good as bacon."

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16177 on: September 11, 2012, 11:15:29 am »

Mayonnaise is oil, vinegar (sometimes lemon juice) and egg yolk. Sometimes a little mustard, depending on where you're at. And it is fucking delicious.

We try to do a good job raising the kids to understand where meat comes from, so that they can make that decision themselves. We're actually taking them on a farm tour this weekend, including to one of the farms we get a lot of our sausage and bacon from.

My daughter takes after me, down to being disturbingly non-empathic. Her attitude is "Awwww, cute baby pig. I bet it'll taste good as bacon."
As long as she can tell ground beef comes from cows, im happy enough.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16178 on: September 11, 2012, 11:16:20 am »

I dislike mayonnaise with all of my taste.
It's just so... not tasty I guess. It's all vinegary and then that conflicts with how egg whites taste. It's just so WRONG. It's so wrong that they have to use emulsifiers to prevent it from tearing itself apart.

Mustard shall always be superior. Always.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16179 on: September 11, 2012, 11:17:14 am »

Ranch dressing can suffice in any place mayo will do, and is superior.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16180 on: September 11, 2012, 11:24:08 am »

Ranch dressing is nowhere near as good on pizza as mayonaise, sorry. Extra stuff clashes.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16181 on: September 11, 2012, 11:24:22 am »

As long as she can tell ground beef comes from cows, im happy enough.
Yep. We don't eat a ton of beef in our house (mostly because of the expense, secondarily because cattle are inefficient sources of meat) but we do eat a lot of pork, a fair amount of chicken and turkey, and the occasional lamb/mutton, fish and shellfish. The kids are actually okay with eating shrimp even after seeing live shrimp close-up, which is impressive. Still haven't tried them on peel-and-eat shrimp though...that's a bit more visceral experience.

But....mayonnaise is *in* ranch dressing.  ??? Mayo can exist without ranch dressing, but ranch dressing cannot exist without mayo. It is therefore subordinate to the greatness of mayo.

Ranch dressing is nowhere near as good on pizza as mayonaise, sorry.
Hrmm....actually, I have to side with ranch on that one. There's a place here in town that makes a pizza with a ranch dressing base instead of tomato sauce, and then piles bacon and sausage and mushrooms on it....so freakin' good.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16182 on: September 11, 2012, 11:26:47 am »

Hrmm....actually, I have to side with ranch on that one. There's a place here in town that makes a pizza with a ranch dressing base instead of tomato sauce, and then piles bacon and sausage and mushrooms on it....so freakin' good.

Hmm, I might have to try that.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16183 on: September 11, 2012, 11:27:04 am »

Ranch dressing is nowhere near as good on pizza as mayonaise, sorry.

Where's my torch and pitchfork?

But....mayonnaise is *in* ranch dressing.  ??? Mayo can exist without ranch dressing, but ranch dressing cannot exist without mayo. It is therefore subordinate to the greatness of mayo.
Fallacious. While mayo is part of ranch dressing, that does not mean it's superior; that's like saying a tire is superior to a car. Ranch is greater than the sum of its parts, and when mayo is one of its parts, it is therefore mathematically irrefutably superior.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16184 on: September 11, 2012, 11:38:10 am »

I myself am rather addicted to buffalo wings. The hotter, the better.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 1077 1078 [1079] 1080 1081 ... 11040