Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1075 1076 [1077] 1078 1079 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14459977 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #16140 on: September 11, 2012, 04:57:24 am »

Latest prequel update. Seriously.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16141 on: September 11, 2012, 08:12:00 am »

I'm sorry, but that is some of the worst "logic" I've ever seen. Not only are you making the assumption that all or even most of GoDaddy's customers knew of and supported their policies (as opposed to not knowing/not wanting or being able to transfer services), but you're also saying that it's perfectly fine for those same individuals to be punished for something they had no say in.
Yes and no. I believe that with every purchase you make you support the people you buy from. You buy from a company who used childlabour to manufacture your sneakers? You're guilty of supporting child labour yourself. It is impossible to know everything about every company in the entire production chain of every product you buy, but one can at least make an effort, and ignorance does not absolve one of sin. I will restate: This is my personal opinion, and therefore the businesses hurt were not "innocent bystanders" from my viewpoint.

However, using extralegal means to make your point, threatening people until they do what you want, is terrorism, and I did or do not condone, support, or encourage that. But, as far as one can "deserve" terrorism, they were just as "deserving" as GoDaddy itself.
So basically you are saying it's like "Six Degrees of Separation", except everyone is murdering children.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16142 on: September 11, 2012, 08:13:09 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xibQbeTLMfU <-- This, but a good kind of wtf  :D
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #16143 on: September 11, 2012, 08:20:46 am »

So basically you are saying it's like "Six Degrees of Separation", except everyone is murdering children.
Yep. Sucks to be us, eh?

WTF: Tomorrow I get to vote. I like to eat meat, and yet I will vote for the Animal Party, because the rest sucks even more. Although I do like Animals as Leaders.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16144 on: September 11, 2012, 09:22:14 am »

What was so WTF about it?
That is came out so soon after the last one?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16145 on: September 11, 2012, 09:33:16 am »

Re: Godaddy thing.

Collective guilt can go suck an egg. For tossing blame, ignorance is and always will be a valid excuse, unless it's willful. You can't be expected to perform a responsibility you don't even know you have.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16146 on: September 11, 2012, 09:38:56 am »

What was so WTF about it?
That is came out so soon after the last one?
No, the nightmare thing and what it says.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #16147 on: September 11, 2012, 09:39:24 am »

Re: Godaddy thing.

Collective guilt can go suck an egg. For tossing blame, ignorance is and always will be a valid excuse, unless it's willful. You can't be expected to perform a responsibility you don't even know you have.
"Ich habe es nicht gewusst."

edit: (( I'm fully aware that I just Godwinned this discussion but I was kind of done with it anyway :) ))

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16148 on: September 11, 2012, 09:41:15 am »

Note my "unless it's willful" clause.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16149 on: September 11, 2012, 09:58:26 am »

Note my "unless it's willful" clause.
+1.

Although, this is a bit subjective as well. At what point is it considered willful ignorance? To what point are you expected to go out of your way to get this information, which may or may not exist? Is it limited to what your direct superiors tell you? Are you expected to know the full history/inner thoughts/motives of all the organizations/companies/people you deal with? It's very far from a black & white issue.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16150 on: September 11, 2012, 10:01:07 am »

Although, this is a bit subjective as well. At what point is it considered willful ignorance? To what point are you expected to go out of your way to get this information, which may or may not exist? Is it limited to what your direct superiors tell you? Are you expected to know the full history/inner thoughts/motives of all the organizations/companies/people you deal with? It's very far from a black & white issue.
Agreed here.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16151 on: September 11, 2012, 10:01:18 am »

I always thought that "willful ignorance" is just ignoring the obvious problem.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16152 on: September 11, 2012, 10:02:27 am »

It's when you have reason to suspect something but don't search it out out of fear the knowledge will have negative consequences for you. In this case, it's avoidance of (moral) responsibility.

There are benign forms of willful ignorance (like not wanting to see shock images).

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #16153 on: September 11, 2012, 10:10:13 am »

... Maybe I'm just not capable of willful ignorance and resent other people for being able to do it, hence my non-standard worldviews. I'm still coming to terms with this whole being "different" thing.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16154 on: September 11, 2012, 10:12:25 am »

You must be capable of willful ignorance, otherwise you would have dropped your entire everything to go around the world and try to learn everything. Ever. If you ARE doing that, that's pretty impressive.

But I expect not.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 1075 1076 [1077] 1078 1079 ... 11040