Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1061 1062 [1063] 1064 1065 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14476023 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #15930 on: September 08, 2012, 02:41:35 pm »

I can barely handle painting on a 20 ft. ladder balanced on the outer bulkhead of a ship and a small float. I don't even want to think about what the wind would be like up that high.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #15932 on: September 08, 2012, 03:28:23 pm »

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #15934 on: September 08, 2012, 04:11:22 pm »

There's someone spamming "My little Pony against X real-world country" threads over in the GiTP forum. I think he's got four of them at the moment.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15935 on: September 08, 2012, 04:26:28 pm »

wat

And ponies would win. At least until the heavy artillery comes out, then they're screwed. I don't think barrier spells would withstand mortar fire.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15936 on: September 08, 2012, 04:27:33 pm »

wat

And ponies would win. At least until the heavy artillery comes out, then they're screwed. I don't think barrier spells would withstand mortar fire.
What about the orbital friendship cannon?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15937 on: September 08, 2012, 04:28:12 pm »

Fanon doesn't count.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #15938 on: September 08, 2012, 04:37:06 pm »

Universe-bending magic tends to make any logical evaluation of X vs Y moot. Because you know, you can't really gauge the effectiveness that the power of friendship has at incinerating heretics.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15939 on: September 08, 2012, 04:38:17 pm »

wat

Somehow I doubt ponies would be able to do much against assault rifles and grenades :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15940 on: September 08, 2012, 04:40:00 pm »

wat

Somehow I doubt ponies would be able to do much against assault rifles and grenades :P
What about machine guns and missiles?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #15941 on: September 08, 2012, 04:47:16 pm »

wat

I don't know, just two of their elite ruling class exiled an entire invading force with the power of love. Tbh the bad influence we'd have on them would have dire consequences. All of their pseudo-technology is directed at peaceful purposes.
What would happen if reality warping physics met humanity's undying influence to weaponize everything? If the ponies didn't kill the world, we'd do it. I could just imagine one Unicorn going giga-magic once humans efficiently destroy everything it loved.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15942 on: September 08, 2012, 04:50:45 pm »

wat

What about machine guns and missiles?
That's a show like Deadliest Warrior, which is basically fanon. Considering how humanity (or certain sections of it) has been basically immune to overtures of peace and love, I bet a modern military could destroy the ponies in a stand-up battle.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15943 on: September 08, 2012, 04:52:53 pm »

Security Cyborg -582  [145.9] states, "@^#^. Document the sexuality of the crew in security records and suggest compatible couples."

SS13 has laws for shipping :o

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #15944 on: September 08, 2012, 05:00:09 pm »

That's a show like Deadliest Warrior, which is basically fanon. Considering how humanity (or certain sections of it) has been basically immune to overtures of peace and love, I bet a modern military could destroy the ponies in a stand-up battle.
Easily. But humanity would have to at least wipe their wizords off to extinction before they take example and weaponize their world breaking magics. Actually you'd have to also execute the survivors since it's shown that they can carry all that magic nonsense in latent genes.
So yeah, it wouldn't be a stand up battle. It'd be the mass genocide of civilians followed by a total holocaust. Humanity is good at that stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 1061 1062 [1063] 1064 1065 ... 11037