Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1041 1042 [1043] 1044 1045 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14482030 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #15630 on: September 05, 2012, 08:16:25 pm »

Also, on an less related note, my friend is... Okay. She seems a little bit worse for wear, but she's okay.
* kaijyuu cheers :D
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #15631 on: September 05, 2012, 08:18:48 pm »

Thank you. I was pretty relieved when she finally texted me. Up until then I was pretty much a nervous wreck, not that you could have known from looking at me.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15632 on: September 05, 2012, 08:20:23 pm »

Also, on an less related note, my friend is... Okay. She seems a little bit worse for wear, but she's okay.
* kaijyuu cheers :D
Quite.  :D

On a personal note: Posting in a politics/social problems thread again. Why am I doing this? I get enough time debating with arch-capitalists, social darwinists, libertarians, etc. in face-to-face... talks. I don't need any more progressive rage, but I can't help myself. I don't need to have a stroke before I'm 30. WTF, self.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15633 on: September 05, 2012, 08:22:40 pm »

Yeah, soapboxing tires me out too :P Good mental exercise though.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15634 on: September 05, 2012, 08:24:16 pm »

My rearmost right lower molar seems to have developed a ravine of some kind. I don't want to say crack, because its edges are blunt, and it doesn't hurt, but there's some kind of crevice running lengthwise over the top of it.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #15635 on: September 05, 2012, 08:25:26 pm »

My rearmost right lower molar seems to have developed a ravine of some kind. I don't want to say crack, because its edges are blunt, and it doesn't hurt, but there's some kind of crevice running lengthwise over the top of it.

... I almost want to say that is normal... But I'm not a dentist. It sounds normal though
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15636 on: September 05, 2012, 08:25:59 pm »

Maybe you lost a filling? Though it'd probably hurt if so.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15637 on: September 05, 2012, 08:27:04 pm »

It's a lot more pronounced on that one tooth, though. Like freakishly over-pronounced.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15638 on: September 05, 2012, 08:30:05 pm »

It's a lot more pronounced on that one tooth, though. Like freakishly over-pronounced.
More than likely, it got squished together during growth, and formed that way. Teeth do odd things. As long as nothing gets stuck in it, nothing to worry about. (Most of my teeth have ridges in them like that. The one dentist I've seen in the past 15 years, which was only to determine eligibility for a $3000 loan to fix my teeth, said that even if I were a professional boxer, trauma doesn't do that to teeth. Weird growth patterns do.)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15639 on: September 05, 2012, 08:37:28 pm »

More than likely, it got squished together during growth, and formed that way. Teeth do odd things. As long as nothing gets stuck in it, nothing to worry about. (Most of my teeth have ridges in them like that. The one dentist I've seen in the past 15 years, which was only to determine eligibility for a $3000 loan to fix my teeth, said that even if I were a professional boxer, trauma doesn't do that to teeth. Weird growth patterns do.)
Testament to weird teeth, i have a complete set of 24 teeth in my mouth :/

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15640 on: September 05, 2012, 08:39:07 pm »

There are many recorded cases of people with a third set of teeth that usually emerges in old age, and one recorded case of a woman who grew a full four sets of teeth over her lifetime.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #15641 on: September 05, 2012, 09:08:22 pm »

There are many recorded cases of people with a third set of teeth that usually emerges in old age, and one recorded case of a woman who grew a full four sets of teeth over her lifetime.

That actually sounds like a useful adaptation.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15642 on: September 05, 2012, 09:14:35 pm »

That actually sounds like a useful adaptation.
Indeed, but using stem cells to artificially grow tooth buds will obsolete any advantages of it in a couple of decades at the most. Actually, it'll obsolete most of dentistry. There's no need to drill and fill a damaged tooth when you can just implant a tooth bud that'll push the damaged one out in a couple of months.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15643 on: September 05, 2012, 09:15:32 pm »

Can't wait for that. My teeth aren't the most well taken care of  :-[ Still have em all but most of them have 1-2 fillings.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15644 on: September 05, 2012, 09:17:54 pm »

I can't wait until those prosthetic limbs they're working on that actually hook into the nervous system are commercially available. Save up for a couple decades and get myself another pair of arms. Just to see if it would work.
Pages: 1 ... 1041 1042 [1043] 1044 1045 ... 11037