Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1028 1029 [1030] 1031 1032 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14488175 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #15435 on: September 04, 2012, 08:32:59 am »

Chuck Norris is secretly (now openly) a pussy, and threatening the entire world that he'll personally roundhouse-kick the sun out if you vote Obama.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/09/03/chuck-norris-threatens-1000-years-of-darkness-if-obama-wins/
That's not just hyperbole, it's a very specific dogwhistle to the Christian right-wingers. First off, it's a reference to a similar line in a Reagan speech in 1964, supporting Barry Goldwater as President.

But both this and Reagan's line are references to a subset of Christian millenialism which predicts 1,000 years of tribulation under Satan's yoke, followed by the Second Coming and 1,000 years of Christ on Earth (followed by the Christian version of Ragnarok). In essence, it's a subtle way of calling Obama the Antichrist.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15436 on: September 04, 2012, 09:00:48 am »

I swear, the whole republican campaign has been one of the stupidest things I've ever seen.
Hell, satirists don't even need to do anything to make this hilarious. They just keep stumbling forward into more & more idiotic things.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15437 on: September 04, 2012, 09:11:56 am »

I can't sleep, second night in a row ._.
:(

I'd give advice but I can't get my own sleep schedule under control, heh. So I'll just give sympathies. /hugs
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15438 on: September 04, 2012, 10:21:39 am »

See, when I read the url, I thought that it was Norris personally promising to deliver 1000 years of darkness. Which is rather silly, because memetic potential aside, he's just an evangelical christian who happened to act in action movies.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15439 on: September 04, 2012, 10:29:51 am »

He could probably legitimately beat you up, too.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15440 on: September 04, 2012, 10:30:50 am »

Que MZ gaining internet fame by beating up Chuck Norris and recording it.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15441 on: September 04, 2012, 10:34:31 am »

Norris is 72 years old. His ability to beat people up may well be lessened by age.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15442 on: September 04, 2012, 10:37:37 am »

He could probably hurt me if he fell on me. But, slender though I am, I think I could at least avoid being beaten up by an old guy. Probably by running away.

3. Run Resize Enable

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15443 on: September 04, 2012, 10:38:49 am »

This is true.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15444 on: September 04, 2012, 10:53:26 am »

I'm more wondering if martial arts ability is negatively impacted by multiple failed marriages.

3. Run Resize Enable

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #15445 on: September 04, 2012, 11:01:44 am »

Chuck Norris is secretly (now openly) a pussy, and threatening the entire world that he'll personally roundhouse-kick the sun out if you vote Obama.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/09/03/chuck-norris-threatens-1000-years-of-darkness-if-obama-wins/
So... Chuck Norris likes metal?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15446 on: September 04, 2012, 11:15:40 am »

I'm more wondering if martial arts ability is negatively impacted by multiple failed marriages.
I certainly hope it's not positively impacted by them, otherwise I'd be a lot more worried about Elizabeth Taylor faking her own death so she retire to the Wudan Monastery and perfect her Buddha's Palm strike.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #15447 on: September 04, 2012, 11:42:10 am »

I swear, the whole republican campaign has been one of the stupidest things I've ever seen.
Hell, satirists don't even need to do anything to make this hilarious. They just keep stumbling forward into more & more idiotic things.

This. I'm an independant (Because I'm not going to blindly vote for one side out of misguided loyalty) and the Republicans are just... They're fucking hilarious lately. They act like they legitimately know the will of god, like the Christian religion is the only 'correct' religion to be of, and that Islam is like some fucking bogeyman waiting to chop everyone's heads off.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15448 on: September 04, 2012, 11:43:19 am »

"Scared of the boogeyman" seems like an apt description of the Republican party ever since the cold war ended. Which group they're claiming to be the boogeyman is the only thing that's changed.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #15449 on: September 04, 2012, 11:44:33 am »

It's pretty pathetic. "Be scared of Communism! Be scared of Islam! Be scared of differences!"
No. Go fuck yourself. I LIKE differences.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 1028 1029 [1030] 1031 1032 ... 11037