Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1022 1023 [1024] 1025 1026 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14489434 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #15345 on: September 02, 2012, 11:49:23 pm »

Why is that uprising? Or... Even casual. Since it had to do with a sock puppet he banned like. Minutes before. And someone asked for more information.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #15346 on: September 02, 2012, 11:51:28 pm »

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2012/09/01/ale-chief-white-house-beer-recipe

Yeah, this is probably the best thing I've ever seen. I'll drink to a second term--especially if the White House throws me a couple extra bottles of that delicious-looking brew!

Edit: Thanks to Lord Inquisitor for the link!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #15347 on: September 03, 2012, 12:54:21 am »

In the grim future, the Toad controls all.
It is the 2nd Millennium. For more than a decade The Toad has sat immobile on the Golden Office Chair of Washington State. He is the Master of Bay 12 by the will of the internet, and master of a million bytes by the might of his inexhaustible coding. He is a restless mathematician writhing invisibly with power from the Modern Age of Technology. He is the Amphibian Lord of the Twelfth Bay for whom a thousand suggestions are sacrificed every day, so that he may never truly sleep.

Yet even in his sleepless state, the Toad continues his eternal vigilance. Mighty threads cross the bot-infested remnants of Various Nonsense, the only route between the distant boards, their way lit by the Forum Guidelines, the digital manifestation of the Toad's will. Vast usergroups give discussion in his name on uncounted sites. Greatest amongst his users are the Lower Forumites, the Bay Watchers, socially abnormal angry debators. Their comrades in arms are legion: the Upper Forumites and countless Escaped Lunatics, the ever vigilant ThreeToe and the mafia aficionados of the Forum Gamers to name only a few. But for all their multitudes, they are barely enough to completely ignore the nonexistant threat from trolls, heretics, spammers - and worse.

To be a Bay Watcher in such times is to be one amongst untold hundreds. It is to post in the cruelest and most hilarious network imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of scripted events and 3D graphics, for so much has been discarded, never to be retried. Forget the promise of cell shading and multiplayer, for in the moderate dimness of the here and now there is only Dwarf Fortress. There is no peace amongst the Bay, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting Watchers."
I kept the quote around for something, I knew it.

I don't know what gender you are, but I want your babies. Right meow.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15348 on: September 03, 2012, 01:02:59 am »

In the grim future, the Toad controls all.
It is the 2nd Millennium. For more than a decade The Toad has sat immobile on the Golden Office Chair of Washington State. He is the Master of Bay 12 by the will of the internet, and master of a million bytes by the might of his inexhaustible coding. He is a restless mathematician writhing invisibly with power from the Modern Age of Technology. He is the Amphibian Lord of the Twelfth Bay for whom a thousand suggestions are sacrificed every day, so that he may never truly sleep.

Yet even in his sleepless state, the Toad continues his eternal vigilance. Mighty threads cross the bot-infested remnants of Various Nonsense, the only route between the distant boards, their way lit by the Forum Guidelines, the digital manifestation of the Toad's will. Vast usergroups give discussion in his name on uncounted sites. Greatest amongst his users are the Lower Forumites, the Bay Watchers, socially abnormal angry debators. Their comrades in arms are legion: the Upper Forumites and countless Escaped Lunatics, the ever vigilant ThreeToe and the mafia aficionados of the Forum Gamers to name only a few. But for all their multitudes, they are barely enough to completely ignore the nonexistant threat from trolls, heretics, spammers - and worse.

To be a Bay Watcher in such times is to be one amongst untold hundreds. It is to post in the cruelest and most hilarious network imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of scripted events and 3D graphics, for so much has been discarded, never to be retried. Forget the promise of cell shading and multiplayer, for in the moderate dimness of the here and now there is only Dwarf Fortress. There is no peace amongst the Bay, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting Watchers."
I kept the quote around for something, I knew it.
I'm so saving that. Warhammer 40,000 and Bay 12 wrapped up together? Genius.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #15349 on: September 03, 2012, 01:12:44 am »

Dwarfhammer 40k
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15350 on: September 03, 2012, 01:18:14 am »

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #15351 on: September 03, 2012, 03:39:54 am »

Why is that uprising? Or... Even casual. Since it had to do with a sock puppet he banned like. Minutes before. And someone asked for more information.
It's like discussing with friends whether hell exists or not and then Jesus pops up right next to you and casually joins in with the conversation like it's nothing.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15352 on: September 03, 2012, 03:45:10 am »

So Macromeme has dead ends.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15353 on: September 03, 2012, 03:59:51 am »

National media is using the word 'troll' like they're being paid to do it. Using it to describe YouTube-style fuckery rather than argument bait. I'm convinced the entire country of Australia has been trolled. All it took was one hospitalisation for attempted suicide.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #15354 on: September 03, 2012, 05:05:14 am »

Eesh, was wondering when the media would finally get their hands on the word "troll" and use it as a scrapegoat as to why they need to hate on the internet generation.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15355 on: September 03, 2012, 06:39:45 am »

First day of school. Teachers say what class everybody is in. I do Latin, and i hear the name of a few other people that were in the same class as me last year, and they didnt do so well last year and probably wont make it this year.

Why do parents let their children do Latin if they KNOW they cant handle it?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #15356 on: September 03, 2012, 06:52:25 am »

Consider the possibility of parents forcing them do it.
Love, scriver~

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15357 on: September 03, 2012, 06:53:22 am »

Thats what i ment with my question, why the fuck would you force your kid to do Latin if they cant handle it?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15358 on: September 03, 2012, 07:28:53 am »

National media is using the word 'troll' like they're being paid to do it. Using it to describe YouTube-style fuckery rather than argument bait. I'm convinced the entire country of Australia has been trolled. All it took was one hospitalisation for attempted suicide.
I see we all got trolled by those worms.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #15359 on: September 03, 2012, 07:52:12 am »

Thats what i ment with my question, why the fuck would you force your kid to do Latin if they cant handle it?

Because Prestige! and Expectations! of course.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 1022 1023 [1024] 1025 1026 ... 11037