Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1002 1003 [1004] 1005 1006 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14493235 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #15045 on: August 30, 2012, 09:49:53 pm »

A) I'm not an acrobat, and have never been in the circus.
B) Not dead yet.
C) Don't have a son.

The closest thing that I could be to a DC character's father is Jim Gordon, and I'm no policeman.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #15046 on: August 30, 2012, 09:55:06 pm »

A) I'm not an acrobat, and have never been in the circus.
B) Can't die.
C) Don't have a son.

The closest thing that I could be to a DC character's father is Jim Gordon, and I'm no policeman.

FTFY

Also, I like the turn this conversation has taken.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #15047 on: August 30, 2012, 10:51:30 pm »

Uh Damian didn't skip being Robin.
It's FEF, not FEOF

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15048 on: August 30, 2012, 10:52:26 pm »

Uh Damian didn't skip being Robin.
*checks*

Well shit. That's what I get for trying to act knowledgeable when I've never actually read much of the comic books :P
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #15049 on: August 30, 2012, 10:58:39 pm »

:P thats him right there in the panel that was posted. Hence my joke.
It's FEF, not FEOF

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15050 on: August 31, 2012, 12:00:08 am »

So, today my daughter felt the need to remind me not to eat orange ladybugs. When I questioned her on why she thought I would eat ladybugs, she said, "I don't know. You're weird. But don't eat the orange ones. They're not ripe yet."

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15051 on: August 31, 2012, 12:04:26 am »

So, today my daughter felt the need to remind me not to eat orange ladybugs. When I questioned her on why she thought I would eat ladybugs, she said, "I don't know. You're weird. But don't eat the orange ones. They're not ripe yet."
Your daughter is awesome.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15052 on: August 31, 2012, 12:05:24 am »

I think you might want to mention that the red ones aren't safe for consumption either, ripe or no.

Well actually they might be but that's gross.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15053 on: August 31, 2012, 12:06:30 am »

I'm pretty sure that children are made of pure WTF. Mine sure is.

(Ladybugs are not poisonous to eat, by the way. Cruncy in a weird way and disgusting, but not poisonous.)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #15054 on: August 31, 2012, 12:21:08 am »

(Ladybugs are not poisonous to eat, by the way. Cruncy in a weird way and disgusting, but not poisonous.)
Technically many ladybugs will reflex bleed an alkaloid toxin from their joints when they suffer from a strong mechanical stimulus (such as a predator attack or you picking them up and crunching into them), but the large difference in your sizes renders it relatively harmless IIRC.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #15055 on: August 31, 2012, 12:21:46 am »

Your daughter is awesome.
Your child is not made of pure WTF. Your child is made, rather, of pure WIN.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15056 on: August 31, 2012, 12:32:44 am »

I have a strange feeling that her comment and your observation are closely related...
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15057 on: August 31, 2012, 12:33:05 am »

Technically many ladybugs will reflex bleed an alkaloid toxin from their joints when they suffer from a strong mechanical stimulus (such as a predator attack or you picking them up and crunching into them), but the large difference in your sizes renders it relatively harmless IIRC.
That would probably be why they taste disgusting.

I have a strange feeling that her comment and your observation are closely related...
Oddly, any bugs I ate on purpose were eaten well before she was born.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15058 on: August 31, 2012, 12:34:33 am »

I like that to an insect predator, say a bird, ladybugs could very well be highly toxic, but to a large omnivore like a human, they're merely unpleasant tasting.

Humans are neat.
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15059 on: August 31, 2012, 12:36:59 am »

We're weird little creatures, too damn curious for our own good.

On an unrelated note, I'm pretty sure my family tree includes a large quantity of Neanderthal. (Look at the body type for Neanderthal, and it will make sense.)

Pages: 1 ... 1002 1003 [1004] 1005 1006 ... 11037