Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 997 998 [999] 1000 1001 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14491046 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #14970 on: August 29, 2012, 09:29:43 pm »

I landed myself on the Japanese part of Youtube again.

Why is this so engaging as a TV show when I'm barely even watching anything but the subtitles? And why am I slowly developing a Japanese accent?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #14971 on: August 29, 2012, 09:33:16 pm »

Pff, you're not the real Sam. He and Dean ride in style, in an 67 Impala.

Exactly.

Why is this so engaging as a TV show when I'm barely even watching anything but the subtitles? And why am I slowly developing a Japanese accent?

I guess you're...

8)

... Turning Japanese.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 09:35:16 pm by 612DwarfAvenue »
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14972 on: August 29, 2012, 09:36:07 pm »

Subtitles are amazing. Also, you are becoming an anime person.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14973 on: August 29, 2012, 09:41:30 pm »

Which Japanese part: the anime part, the vocaloid part, or the touhou remix with vocals part? Or the part with all of the weird stuff in it?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14974 on: August 29, 2012, 09:42:11 pm »

... Rotisserie accident?
Well, technically, it was a rotisserie rod accident. I was working in the deli of the a supermarket, cleaning a bunch of the rods. The shelf that they were stored on was above my head, so I had to toss them up there, and usually did so by the armload, mostly because it was fun and stress relieving, because working in a deli sucks balls. Anyway, some jerkwad kicked open the door to the end of the kitchen, scaring the shit out of me mid-throw. I turned reflexively, slipped on the wet floor, and grabbed the edge of the sink to keep from falling on my ass. Turns out, the shelf wasn't secured to the wall properly, and when dude kicked the door, it shifted, dropping one of the rods bolt-end onto my hand, snapping my pinky-metacarpal in twain right under the knuckle, and pushing it down so far that the whole knuckle sunk into my hand. Needed a $25k operation to fix it, which the store happily paid for.

*Looks at hand*
Well, there goes that idea. I had planned on trying to get my broken finger fixed, but with a price tag like that...
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14975 on: August 29, 2012, 09:44:18 pm »

I'm pretty sure that if you haven't sunk your knuckle into your hand, it costs much less.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #14976 on: August 29, 2012, 09:45:03 pm »

Subtitles are amazing. Also, you are becoming an anime person.
NO WAI!! I CANNOTU BECOME NIHONJIN! I AM HAVU JOB LISTING IN AMERIGAN ARMYU! IIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

But it is Okey Dokey because my hoverucraft is furr of eels. I am red, whiteu and bru.

Which Japanese part: the anime part, the vocaloid part, or the touhou remix with vocals part? Or the part with all of the weird stuff in it?
This part. I meant to post a link earlier but I forgot.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14977 on: August 29, 2012, 09:50:48 pm »

First thing I thought of after reading that, Karnewarrior: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UucITQR0SrQ
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14978 on: August 29, 2012, 09:55:54 pm »

I'm pretty sure that if you haven't sunk your knuckle into your hand, it costs much less.
Even if that is the case, you can go to the payment part of the hospital and talk to someone about charity. Yeah, it sucks, and it's a little humiliating, but worth every second, in my experience.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14979 on: August 29, 2012, 10:52:15 pm »

Even if that is the case, you can go to the payment part of the hospital and talk to someone about charity. Yeah, it sucks, and it's a little humiliating, but worth every second, in my experience.

Okay, we're doing 'Shitty Artpad faux X-Rays' up in this beyotch.

My hand, poorly drawn, with explanations.

Probably should just do pictures, but I'm not very good with cameras and suchlike.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14980 on: August 29, 2012, 11:10:47 pm »

Well, that looks to be the same break that I had. The reason it cost so much, though, is because the part of the bone that was attached to the knuckle had swiveled down toward the palm of my hand (that's how hard that rod hit), and was threatening to puncture my palm if I grabbed something wrong. A normal procedure would have cost about 20% of what mine cost.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14981 on: August 29, 2012, 11:15:11 pm »

Well, that looks to be the same break that I had. The reason it cost so much, though, is because the part of the bone that was attached to the knuckle had swiveled down toward the palm of my hand (that's how hard that rod hit), and was threatening to puncture my palm if I grabbed something wrong. A normal procedure would have cost about 20% of what mine cost.

Oh. Well, the knuckle is still aligned the right direction, it is just in the wrong spot. So hopefully it only costs four thousand dollars instead of twenty. >.< And I'm currently checking out some charity things that may help me with at least the initial doctor's visit and such.
Also, you have to bear in mind that I broke my over a year ago, so its healed all fucked up like. So it may be a slightly different procedure. :/
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14982 on: August 29, 2012, 11:20:32 pm »

Most they'll have to do is re-break it. You'll get a local, they'll put your hand in this little machine, you hear a pow but don't feel anything, then they do the surgery.

In a best case scenario, all they'll do is put a splint on the bone, or put pins in, to prop it up for a while, and wait for the muscles to regrow and put the bone in its natural spot.

With luck, you'll be out for the whole thing. I was (although mine was so broken that the bones would've never healed because there was no way for them to fuse.)

Then, about a month of physical therapy.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14983 on: August 29, 2012, 11:23:26 pm »

Sweet. :D This makes me happy. The physical therapy ain't no thang, as I'm currently doing eighteen months of drug addiction super-therapy. And even if I'm not out for the whole thing, I can handle it, because I've lived with a broken hand doing manual labor for over a year now. I think my pain tolerance is pretty good at this point.
He's fucking with us.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14984 on: August 29, 2012, 11:24:54 pm »

I don't think anything could convince me to willingly put my hand in a machine that is designed to break it, even if I was anesthetized and the finger was useless unless re-broken. I'm actually nauseous just thinking about it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 997 998 [999] 1000 1001 ... 11037