Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 984 985 [986] 987 988 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14489603 times)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #14775 on: August 26, 2012, 08:10:04 pm »

Arizona... seriously?!?!?

"Hey, she's having her period! SHE MUST BE PREGNANT!"
"But she's twelve."
"DOESN'T MATTER, SHE IS PREGNANT."
That's been the discussion for the past several posts :P

Different link/article I believe. I got that link from a link from that link.

... I think I linked the wrong link...
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14776 on: August 26, 2012, 08:14:16 pm »

Arizona... seriously?!?!?

"Hey, she's having her period! SHE MUST BE PREGNANT!"
"But she's twelve."
"DOESN'T MATTER, SHE IS PREGNANT."
That's been the discussion for the past several posts :P

Different link/article I believe. I got that link from a link from that link.

... I think I linked the wrong link...
Different article, but it was written the same day about the same topic.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14777 on: August 26, 2012, 09:05:30 pm »

At the risk of fanning the possible political flame war, the law, for all practical purposes, narrows the legal abortion window to 38 weeks instead of 40. By itself, that doesn't seem like a really huge deal, but if more is to come (slippery slope argument), it could be a problem. I am content to simply monitor the situation at present. Take it however you will.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14778 on: August 26, 2012, 09:15:17 pm »

At the risk of fanning the possible political flame war, the law, for all practical purposes, narrows the legal abortion window to 38 weeks instead of 40. By itself, that doesn't seem like a really huge deal, but if more is to come (slippery slope argument), it could be a problem. I am content to simply monitor the situation at present. Take it however you will.

This. Although, it is the combination of a thousand small steps like this that made Nazi Germany and Soviet Russia.

But our government is different, right? They wouldn't do that to us, would they? /fatalistic sarcasm
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #14779 on: August 26, 2012, 09:30:24 pm »

Abortion is legal at 38 weeks? Thats pretty much a full pregnacy... are you sure you don't mean days?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14780 on: August 26, 2012, 09:32:12 pm »

No, it's legal at 38 (well, actually 40) weeks in the US. In theory that is, the state laws can make it difficult. Almost no abortions occur during that time period anyway, though. If I recall correctly the vast majority take place at 7-12 weeks.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14781 on: August 26, 2012, 09:33:33 pm »

From what I gather, they're trying to change a full term pregnancy from 40 weeks into 38 weeks, and move the date of legal abortion to before most birth defects can be seen with ultrasound (18 weeks instead of 20).

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14782 on: August 26, 2012, 09:46:39 pm »

Quote from: The first Arizona article
Current law allows abortions up until the point of viability, when a fetus could reasonably survive on its own outside the womb. That’s considered by many medical experts and abortion clinics to be from 22 to 24 weeks. Current law also allows abortions beyond that to protect the “life or health of the woman” but doesn’t define health.

Not sure how accurate that is in general, but it doesn't sound as crazy as the rest of the articles.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14783 on: August 26, 2012, 10:21:49 pm »

But..... Error: Brain melted by stupidity.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #14784 on: August 27, 2012, 02:39:32 am »

Spending far too much time on Macromeme.

This comes up.

Followed immediately by this.

What're the chances?
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14785 on: August 27, 2012, 04:00:04 am »

What the actual fuck, Arizona?

Wait, wait, wait. A woman is pregnant two weeks before she is pregnant, right? Which puts her in a state of perpetual pregnancy, or having a case of Schroedinger's Preggers, if you wish. Because the egg that could be fertilized in two weeks is fertilized. Except that's only half a person. That means the sperm that will fertilize the egg is also a child at that point.

...Which means EVER MAN IN ARIZONA IS PREGNANT ALL THE TIME.
Love, scriver~

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #14786 on: August 27, 2012, 04:19:51 am »

I, for one, welcome our perpetually preggo male overlords  :o

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14787 on: August 27, 2012, 04:42:27 am »

So the last dream was slightly freaky.

I was in this house or something similar with some people, there's a knock on the door, nobody wants to answer it, then there's a second one, we open the door and there is noone there, so we go out in the street, it looks like a 1900's European city, then we're chased by police for some reason and cornered into this big yard, there the people that are with us, some English gentlemen decide to dance while they are being arrested.

Afterward the chief policeman says, "Throw them into the bay of pirates!" *DUN DUNN DUNNN*

The bay of pirates is actually some semi-open cellar under the police station it seems, filled with water, after we've fallen in we kinda freak out because the place is strangey and the water surface is actually glass or something that we've broken trough. Then we meet the imprisoned Mother Crhirstmas, a nice old lady, obviously american, who immedately frees herself with some freaky gymnastics. Then she tells us she actually controls the laws of physics, or something equally scary and that we need to get somewhere fast. We sneak out of the courtyard and realize that the station is actually on the open ocean, she whistles and a big killer whale parks itself in front of us, she tells us to get on top of it to escape. At that point I refuse because it's going to go underwater and I do not wish to drown, I even go so far to state that a bear would be a much better form of transport that wouldn't drown us.

I think that's the point where I woke up.

Also, my right elbow hurts like hell, and I have no idea why :c
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14788 on: August 27, 2012, 05:14:28 am »

I came in here to link
http://www.examiner.com/article/new-law-arizona-states-pregnancy-begins-two-weeks-before-conception
But it looks like it was already linked / discussed.
I live in Arizona, and Jan Brewer has already been getting some flak recently for other things,
Me thinks she won't be re-elected.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14789 on: August 27, 2012, 07:54:01 am »

All these links to news about those pregnancy law shenanigans in Arizona just short-circuited my brain. I'm pretty sure it's going to start dribbling out of my nose any second now.
Pages: 1 ... 984 985 [986] 987 988 ... 11037