Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 975 976 [977] 978 979 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14491150 times)

Cheesoburgor

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
Im alive again after a 4 year break!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #14641 on: August 25, 2012, 04:59:00 pm »

Theory: Lord Inquisitor is a highly advanced AI spambot from the future. Problem is, the "future" is 20 minutes from now and he was made in someone's garage.

Why does your disturbing avatar keep changing?

also obligatory
.!.. Go Bot Yourself ..!.
Aww it's all in good fun man :3

/hugs
Hell Even i know that despite apparently missing the Standard humor program. I have one its just non standard hence the obligatory due to me having used it before.

Still how do you get the disturbing pony to change to another disturbing pony when I keep looking here.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Magic.

get your free magic tricks at hgrs . com
many funny magic rabbits

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14642 on: August 25, 2012, 06:23:39 pm »

My roommate has eschewed the college's impressive dining hall, instead electing to obtain all of his food through vending machines. He's nuking vending machine flash-roasted burgers to avoid paying a dollar more for a real burger cooked in a real kitchen. His side of the room is buried in bags and empty Mountain Dew bottles. He has been using Watermelon Axe Body Spray as deodorant.

Sigh...
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #14643 on: August 25, 2012, 06:30:00 pm »

My roommate has eschewed the college's impressive dining hall, instead electing to obtain all of his food through vending machines. He's nuking vending machine flash-roasted burgers to avoid paying a dollar more for a real burger cooked in a real kitchen. His side of the room is buried in bags and empty Mountain Dew bottles. He has been using Watermelon Axe Body Spray as deodorant.

Sigh...
You must be going to school in the South.  :P

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14644 on: August 25, 2012, 06:32:33 pm »

Yes, but I don't know what being in the South has to do with it.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14645 on: August 25, 2012, 06:35:27 pm »

So does your school not have meal plans or something? Where I go, it's about $1200 for unlimited use of the dining hall for an entire semester, plus $75 of credit you can use at the little cafes and stuff around campus.

For that matter, do you not have a supermarket nearby?

3. Run Resize Enable

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14646 on: August 25, 2012, 06:40:05 pm »

Our school has meal plans. The meal plans are actually mandatory, with the "Low" plan ($700 of credit a semester) only being available to Sophomores and up. Freshmen have to pick between the "Normal", "High", and "Super" plans ($1000, $1250, $1500 dollars of credit a semester respectively). You can use meal plan credit on the vending machines just as easily as you can at the dining hall. If you run out of credit and don't have another payment source they'll let you starve, though.

I think I saw a supermarket somewhere, but this isn't about that. I think he's just supremely lazy.
No Gods, No Masters.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14647 on: August 25, 2012, 06:42:03 pm »

Lazy? Sounds like he's going through a lot of effort just to save a few bucks.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14648 on: August 25, 2012, 06:42:17 pm »

Not much you can do about that, apart from waiting for him to die from malnutrition. If he disappears for a few days and your room starts smelling like dead stuff, check under the piles of junk food wrappers.

3. Run Resize Enable

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14649 on: August 25, 2012, 06:44:43 pm »

The vending machines are in the dorm lobby and we have a microwave. The dining hall is a five-minute walk or so. He's saving at least some effort, but its still a stupid thing to do.
No Gods, No Masters.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #14650 on: August 25, 2012, 06:52:36 pm »

The vending machines are in the dorm lobby and we have a microwave. The dining hall is a five-minute walk or so. He's saving at least some effort, but its still a stupid thing to do.
Freshman 15, here he comes. *choo choo!*

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #14651 on: August 25, 2012, 07:07:07 pm »

Oww, that must be hell on his body.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #14652 on: August 25, 2012, 08:26:16 pm »

Not actually saving money, either. If he was trying to do that, he would have told the meal plan to shove it and scoped out the local grocery stores. Vending machines are overpriced... always.

I'm still not entirely sure how they enforce that mandatory meal plan thing. I dodged it by transferring in as a sophomore (sorta'), but I can't help but wonder what they do if you just say, "No, I don't want to overpay for food. Sorry." I mean... they're still getting the housing cost, after all. Would they really hardball it (losing the housing entirely) if you threatened to house elsewhere instead of paying for the plan?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14653 on: August 25, 2012, 08:41:14 pm »

Living on campus is mandatory for freshmen at my college as well.

Anyway, more disturbingly, my roommate has been advocating that sleeping with someone who is drunk is perfectly acceptable because: "If they'll screw you when they're drunk they'll screw you when they're sober." Christ, this guy...
No Gods, No Masters.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14654 on: August 25, 2012, 08:42:45 pm »

I'm more weirded out by your college's policies than your roommate. Your roommate's just naive.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 975 976 [977] 978 979 ... 11037