Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 969 970 [971] 972 973 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14488109 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #14550 on: August 24, 2012, 10:07:48 am »

... Yeeeaaaaaahhhh... We'll get right on that...
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14551 on: August 24, 2012, 10:52:03 am »

Doing laundry last weekend, and I put a pair of pants on the clothesline(cheap assholes won't let me use the dryer, even though I'm pretty sure they do), and either smoke or steam immediately starts coming off of it. It wasn't even particularly hot out...

---

I think the manager of the bookstore where I work is a bit crazy, especially when it comes to the number and placement of the "Used Book" stickers on the used books. Then again, some of them do have several of those stickers on them. I saw one with five, and another one with possibly seven, when just one will suffice.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14552 on: August 24, 2012, 10:55:17 am »

Are you sure they aren't using the dryer to hide stuff in akura?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14553 on: August 24, 2012, 10:58:59 am »

Are you sure they aren't using the dryer to hide stuff in akura?
Nah, they don't even bother to hide their drugs with any particular effort. Hell, they've got a big goddamned marijauna plant right next to the clothesline. I could almost smell it from the street coming home the other day.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #14554 on: August 24, 2012, 11:00:59 am »

I can think of a maximum of three places where a sticker would be noticeable on a book while not impeding its function, and only two of those could be useful at any one time.

On a side note my parents (who are great, caring people despite their few quirks) are offering to buy me a new car outright (no details, let's just say it's a substantial cost) and yet they won't pay for me to go to the doctor to get a chronic cough I've had for 6 years checked out. I mean I know it's probably not going to kill me, but it really sucks to not be able to play football with my brother or anything. And being a full time student with an internship to boot I have no income of my own or spare time to work to actually pay for treatment myself.

Long story short they're offering to pay many thousands of dollars for a replacement for a perfectly serviceable vehicle, and refuse to pay for something that could significantly improve my quality of life. Wtf?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 11:16:47 am by Shinotsa »
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14555 on: August 24, 2012, 11:11:07 am »

You can also get leprosy from armadillos, but don't worry, most of the human race is naturally immune to leprosy anyway.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14556 on: August 24, 2012, 11:17:36 am »

That was in reaction to jopax's medical condition :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14557 on: August 24, 2012, 11:18:53 am »

And here I was hoping no one noticed my derp, which was in existence for all of 10 seconds. Ah well, we're all egocentric at heart until we take two seconds to stop and think.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14558 on: August 24, 2012, 11:21:26 am »

You can also get leprosy from armadillos, but don't worry, most of the human race is naturally immune to leprosy anyway.

Not to mention it is pretty much curable nowadays.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #14559 on: August 24, 2012, 12:26:09 pm »

And here I was hoping no one noticed my derp, which was in existence for all of 10 seconds. Ah well, we're all egocentric at heart until we take two seconds to stop and think.
It's ok, I noticed you!  :'( *hug*

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #14560 on: August 24, 2012, 03:25:04 pm »

I think the manager of the bookstore where I work is a bit crazy, especially when it comes to the number and placement of the "Used Book" stickers on the used books. Then again, some of them do have several of those stickers on them. I saw one with five, and another one with possibly seven, when just one will suffice.
God I hate that. If I had a dollar for every time I hand to scrape off a sticker to read the ISBN, the author, or the FUCKING TITLE of the book, I'd be a millionaire.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14561 on: August 24, 2012, 03:28:14 pm »

God I hate that. If I had a dollar for every time I hand to scrape off a sticker to read the ISBN, the author, or the FUCKING TITLE of the book, I'd be a millionaire.
The one and only reason I liked Borders was because their price tag stickers peeled off incredibly easy. It was actually sort of satisfying, in a strange way.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #14562 on: August 24, 2012, 03:30:48 pm »

Borders stickers are better than most, but still a pain after the first hundred or so in a day. The worst is Goodwill. I've seen less tenacious duct tape,
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14563 on: August 24, 2012, 03:46:08 pm »

Man, I remember reading something that wasn't a reference book. The kind of thing you could drop on an infants head without causing permanent injury or death. Those were the good ol' days.

But hey, props to the people that actually read books that are safe for pregnant women to lift. I thought you all had died out.

Also, I used to live in Canada. Hence why my family is so against potentially paying thousands of dollars for healthcare. And no, I'm not exaggerating, we have a 20 grand deductible because that's about the only insurance plan we could find that doesn't royally screw you in one way or another. Oh wait, they do with the deductible. And here I thought someone actually cared about my well being.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14564 on: August 24, 2012, 03:50:24 pm »

I care about your well being :(
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 969 970 [971] 972 973 ... 11037