Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 966 967 [968] 969 970 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14486794 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #14505 on: August 23, 2012, 10:47:09 pm »

???

Odd, I wasn't aware there was an upside to not being a state, at least when you're still a part of the U.S regardless. Tourism maybe?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14506 on: August 23, 2012, 10:47:47 pm »

I doubt Puerto Rico will become a state right now, because as a territory we get to tax them without representing them in congress. I'm unsure why they put up with that; maybe they just want protection. Say what you will about the rest of the world, but the U.S could likely curbstomp any other country on this side of the world, although maybe not a full alliance. I think Brazil is the strongest State (Capital S) in the hemisphere, although I've heard Canada is surprisingly badass for having a population measured on one hand.

Still, the only countries that would have the power to do some damage on their own are...

China (The second-biggest power in the world, could possibly be THE biggest but I think the economic manipulations they're doing would hurt them in a war)
Russia (?)(I'm not sure how well they stood up after the USSR fell. They're still a big player, I know that)
Germany (Proven time and again they're a national version of David, but without the victory record. They could hurt us, I doubt they'd win)
U.K (Would very, very quickly become a defensive war on their side but the U.K is made of friggin' water; no compression, no conquering)
Japan (If they geared up for war, they'd have an economic advantage over even the U.S, and they're tough little buggers too. I still think the U.S would win, but the casualty count on both sides would be huge.)
France (?)(If you count an unending resistance as continuation of a war, then France counts. Even we couldn't hold them down, even though we could nick their lunch money easy)

I can't think of any others, but I'm sure there are some out there. Any suggestions?

My suggestion is that someone might get offended that Americans think we could kick their ass, so maybe we shouldn't be discussing this.  :-\ Much as I'd like to. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14507 on: August 23, 2012, 11:03:03 pm »

I doubt Puerto Rico will become a state right now, because as a territory we get to tax them without representing them in congress. I'm unsure why they put up with that; maybe they just want protection. Say what you will about the rest of the world, but the U.S could likely curbstomp any other country on this side of the world, although maybe not a full alliance. I think Brazil is the strongest State (Capital S) in the hemisphere, although I've heard Canada is surprisingly badass for having a population measured on one hand.

Still, the only countries that would have the power to do some damage on their own are...

China (The second-biggest power in the world, could possibly be THE biggest but I think the economic manipulations they're doing would hurt them in a war)
Russia (?)(I'm not sure how well they stood up after the USSR fell. They're still a big player, I know that)
Germany (Proven time and again they're a national version of David, but without the victory record. They could hurt us, I doubt they'd win)
U.K (Would very, very quickly become a defensive war on their side but the U.K is made of friggin' water; no compression, no conquering)
Japan (If they geared up for war, they'd have an economic advantage over even the U.S, and they're tough little buggers too. I still think the U.S would win, but the casualty count on both sides would be huge.)
France (?)(If you count an unending resistance as continuation of a war, then France counts. Even we couldn't hold them down, even though we could nick their lunch money easy)

I can't think of any others, but I'm sure there are some out there. Any suggestions?

My suggestion is that someone might get offended that Americans think we could kick their ass, so maybe we shouldn't be discussing this.  :-\ Much as I'd like to. :P

To be fair, we probably could. Setting aside the question of whether or not the US population would eventually tire of unprovoked wars to a degree sufficient to incite forceful removal of our government (or if that is even possible), there is the issue that, while we could beat any single nation (and likely an alliance including fewer than three of our major rivals), we would either come out ahead militarily but have an even more thoroughly destroyed economy (particularly if we went to war with China), or we would take nearly as much damage as our opponent. Unless we just keep knocking off little third-world nations with little or no real military force. If it remained a purely conventional conflict, the US could almost certainly defeat any other single nation (though holding it would be another matter entirely), but would cause significant harm to itself in the process. In the event of mutual nuclear war, the US' material advantages would be essentially irrelevant, as most nuclear powers have large enough arsenals to destroy any other nation many times over.

So yeah, we could, but it would essentially be national suicide unless we continue to go after our target of choice: the international equivalent of the parapalegic kid on the primary school playground. In that case, "Git yer jackboots ready fellas, wes got sum oppressin' ta do!"

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14508 on: August 23, 2012, 11:05:59 pm »

To be fair, we probably could. Setting aside the question of whether or not the US population would eventually tire of unprovoked wars to a degree sufficient to incite forceful removal of our government (or if that is even possible), there is the issue that, while we could beat any single nation (and likely an alliance including fewer than three of our major rivals), we would either come out ahead militarily but have an even more thoroughly destroyed economy (particularly if we went to war with China), or we would take nearly as much damage as our opponent. Unless we just keep knocking off little third-world nations with little or no real military force. If it remained a purely conventional conflict, the US could almost certainly defeat any other single nation (though holding it would be another matter entirely), but would cause significant harm to itself in the process. In the event of mutual nuclear war, the US' material advantages would be essentially irrelevant, as most nuclear powers have large enough arsenals to destroy any other nation many times over.

So yeah, we could, but it would essentially be national suicide unless we continue to go after our target of choice: the international equivalent of the parapalegic kid on the primary school playground. In that case, "Git yer jackboots ready fellas, wes got sum oppressin' ta do!"

America: We learned oppression from the Empire on Which the Sun Never Sets. The student is now the master. *Darth vader breathing*

http://www.macromeme.com/dog/twisty-doo.html

Alien geometries.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14509 on: August 23, 2012, 11:48:11 pm »

America: We learned oppression from the Empire on Which the Sun Never Sets. The student is now the master. *Darth vader breathing*
Fun fact: The British Empire stole that term from the Spanish one.
Another fun fact: Technically speaking if you look at the overseas territories that the UK still controls, the sun has yet to set on it.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #14510 on: August 23, 2012, 11:49:02 pm »

HEY KIDS
HERE'S A FUN THOUGHT
THIS

CAN BREED WITH THIS

This announcement brought to you by the team behind Pokemon Canterbury, who really wish brain bleach existed right now.
くコ:彡

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #14511 on: August 23, 2012, 11:51:43 pm »

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14512 on: August 23, 2012, 11:53:24 pm »

It was a joke. Holy crap they can actually breed?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14513 on: August 23, 2012, 11:55:20 pm »

Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #14514 on: August 23, 2012, 11:55:26 pm »

Here you go.
Thank you.

It was a joke. Holy crap they can actually breed?
Choaking and Gluttsprit are both in the Monster egg group. So yes. Yes they can.
くコ:彡

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14516 on: August 24, 2012, 12:01:55 am »

snip

Rule34, get to work.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

So, when is the lynch mob coming? I want to have cookies ready for them to eat before they burn me on the cross.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14517 on: August 24, 2012, 12:02:45 am »

snip

Rule34, get to work.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

So, when is the lynch mob coming? I want to have cookies ready for them to eat before they burn me on the cross.

No Corai. We forgive you.
He's fucking with us.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #14518 on: August 24, 2012, 12:04:21 am »

snip

Rule34, get to work.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

No Corai. We forgive you.
Indeed. You made me acknowledge kobolds as sentient beings. For me that's a big something.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14519 on: August 24, 2012, 12:05:14 am »

If anything, it's my fault.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 966 967 [968] 969 970 ... 11037