Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 962 963 [964] 965 966 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14485607 times)

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #14445 on: August 23, 2012, 10:20:35 am »

There's a pretty big difference between riding horses and pigs. Pigs aren't even strong enough to carry around grown ass humans, and they certainly haven't been accustomed to having people on them. Because you know that is a thing you have to do with horses too, right? You can't just climb on the back of whatever random horse and expect it to carry you around, it will freak the fuck out.
You obviously know nothing about swine. Having grown up on a farm, I will tell you that pigs are one of the strongest fucking animals in creation pound for pound. They can carry things just fine, especially given their low center of gravity. As far as your point on horses, you're right: They have to be trained. But so would any other domesticated animal (e.g., pigs). So not to be too punny or anything, but get off your high horse and do some reading.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14446 on: August 23, 2012, 10:27:35 am »

They're not built for it. Having grown up with a veterinarian working with animal abuse, I can certainly tell you that. Oh, and really, are you saying that pig was trained for riding before they got drunk and decided it would make a great video? How big do you think that those chances are?
Love, scriver~

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14447 on: August 23, 2012, 10:31:03 am »

They're not built for it. Having grown up with a veterinarian working with animal abuse, I can certainly tell you that. Oh, and really, are you saying that pig was trained for riding before they got drunk and decided it would make a great video? How big do you think that those chances are?
And the chances that you know more about animals than I do because you "grew up with a veterinarian?" Try growing up on a farm where everybody becomes a vet by experience. Saying that what you saw in that .gif was "animal abuse" is fucking laughable at best. You wanna see some animal abuse? I'll PM you some links if you'd like.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14448 on: August 23, 2012, 10:34:11 am »

100% if they were shouting drunk science

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14449 on: August 23, 2012, 10:47:52 am »

And the chances that you know more about animals than I do because you "grew up with a veterinarian?" Try growing up on a farm where everybody becomes a vet by experience. Saying that what you saw in that .gif was "animal abuse" is fucking laughable at best. You wanna see some animal abuse? I'll PM you some links if you'd like.

No, you do not become anything like a vet by experience from growing up on a farm, not any more than I can claim to be one from growing up with pets. And no, "there are worse kinds of abuse" is not an argument. So what if it's less bad in comparison? It's still abuse and mistreatment of animals.
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14450 on: August 23, 2012, 10:49:15 am »

::)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14451 on: August 23, 2012, 10:54:20 am »

Calm the fuck down. This is not the time or place for flame wars. Want to argue? Do it by PM.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14452 on: August 23, 2012, 10:58:01 am »

Play nicely, guys. I don't see it as being a grievous form of abuse, but yeah we probably shouldn't saddle up the nearest hog pen for our porcine cavalry.

* RedKing hides tiny saddle behind his back

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14453 on: August 23, 2012, 11:03:31 am »

What about bears? ??? Is riding bears still cool? *fingers crossed*
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14454 on: August 23, 2012, 11:12:46 am »

I think if they're trained enough not to maul your face off on sight, they're tame enough to ride.
Never, just no, no matter how trained.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14455 on: August 23, 2012, 11:16:31 am »

I think if they're trained enough not to maul your face off on sight, they're tame enough to ride.
Whispers just hates FUN!.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14456 on: August 23, 2012, 12:54:24 pm »

What if the bears are wearing armor?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14457 on: August 23, 2012, 12:57:19 pm »

Play nicely, guys. I don't see it as being a grievous form of abuse, but yeah we probably shouldn't saddle up the nearest hog pen for our porcine cavalry.

* RedKing hides tiny saddle behind his back
I think it is patently ridiculous to suggest that any of us would ever do anything like that ever.

* MetalSlimeHunt kicks a bushel of pig tusk-spears under the table.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #14458 on: August 23, 2012, 01:25:59 pm »

On a totally unrelated note, a google search for Proscillitating Glagnorxes returns my post on Aliens in the sad thread as the only result.

I'd've thought it'd be harder than that to invent a word.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14459 on: August 23, 2012, 01:38:15 pm »

Whispers just hates FUN!.
I hate mutilated corpses that's what :|
Pages: 1 ... 962 963 [964] 965 966 ... 11037