Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 946 947 [948] 949 950 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14481898 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #14205 on: August 18, 2012, 03:45:52 pm »

I'm not gay, I'm pansexual :P
I'm from the southern U.S, you're gonna have to explain them big words. Like not.

Wuzzat mean.  :P

But yeah, we seem to have lot's of *sexuals compared to the heteros. I'm honestly curious as to why, since Dwarf Fortress or MSPA don't seem geared towards any one sexuality and I'd expect the ratio to come out normally.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14206 on: August 18, 2012, 03:48:05 pm »

Pansexuals don't consider the gender or sex of the person they partner up with, it's a totally ignored factor.

More or less, anyway.
*Hugs*

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14207 on: August 18, 2012, 03:54:30 pm »

As for "why here"? Honestly, this sounds like the usual sort of B12 circlejerk, but I think it might have something to do with the community. Less that there are more
  • sexuals here than other places, more that people are more willing to be open about it here, because they're less likely to be attacked for it. In other words, the ratio is likely similar to other sites, there are just fewer people who intentionally avoid mentioning that they aren't heterosexual. Eh, just a guess.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14208 on: August 18, 2012, 03:55:35 pm »

But yeah, we seem to have lot's of *sexuals compared to the heteros.
Maybe we don't. It might just be that there are people (at least Truean off the top of my head) who are open about it here but can't be elsewhere for risk of shunning.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #14209 on: August 18, 2012, 03:59:16 pm »

Folks are also a lot more likely to say, "I'm gay!" in a given conversation than, "I'm heterosexual!"
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14210 on: August 18, 2012, 04:07:48 pm »

But yeah, we seem to have lot's of *sexuals compared to the heteros. I'm honestly curious as to why, since Dwarf Fortress or MSPA don't seem geared towards any one sexuality and I'd expect the ratio to come out normally.

Bay 12 is, for whatever reason, heavily liberal (in the American politics sense). Even moreso than most sites. I'm not going to even try to guess what being liberal has to do with Dwarf Fortress, though.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14211 on: August 18, 2012, 04:12:26 pm »

I think it is fair enough to say, in this form of liberalism vs conservatism it is intelligence that decides. Although why that should effect bay12?

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14212 on: August 18, 2012, 04:19:20 pm »

Gays and various other -sexuals are dominantly liberal. And, since we have a lot of liberals in here...

(I've heard reports about the existence of gay Neo-Nazi organizations, though.)
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #14213 on: August 18, 2012, 04:25:02 pm »

Bay12 definitely seems to attract intelligent people, who happen to be lower-middle class. That means liberals, since lower-class conservatives tend towards the average-below average and intelligent conservatives are almost exclusively upper-class and probably don't think much of indie games.

Exceptions, like in all politics, abound, though.

Gays and various other -sexuals are dominantly liberal. And, since we have a lot of liberals in here...

(I've heard reports about the existence of gay Neo-Nazi organizations, though.)

gay Neo-Nazi organizations
That's... I can only guess that is a incredibly small group though. Since, you know, Nazis and gay folk get along alot like Nazis and Jews. The biggest difference is that god doesn't smite you if you hide your boyfriend in the basement.

Chad will though. Chad's a dick.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14214 on: August 18, 2012, 04:56:11 pm »

I heard about the existence of pant-stealing nazis from someone's sig.

so yeah! beat that!
You know, if I didn't have something better to do, I'd remake that pants thread so we could have more potential for pant-stealing nazis or other silyl stuff.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14215 on: August 18, 2012, 04:58:09 pm »

Bay 12 is, for whatever reason, heavily liberal (in the American politics sense)
Bay 12 is also the home of Liberal Crime Squad.

Hmmm.....
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #14216 on: August 18, 2012, 05:04:28 pm »

Bay 12 is, for whatever reason, heavily liberal (in the American politics sense)

Hmmm.....
HE KNOWS. QUICK, BAG HIM AND CONVERT HIM TO LIBERALISM.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14217 on: August 18, 2012, 05:11:47 pm »

Hmmm.....
HE KNOWS. QUICK, BAG HIM AND CONVERT HIM TO LIBERALISM.
With or without the expensive props, hallucinogenic drugs, restraints, or beating/shouting?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #14218 on: August 18, 2012, 05:15:06 pm »

the caveman2cosmos song on the title screen is seriously weird and slightly funny.
I just installed that mod a couple days ago, and that song had me cracking up for a good 2 minutes. Really weird, yeah.

With or without the expensive props, hallucinogenic drugs, restraints, or beating/shouting?
Absolutely, of course!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14219 on: August 18, 2012, 08:27:38 pm »

Vorthon.

Pants. Off.

Now.

(I thought I was bi until I turned 18, but then I realized that while I could possibly-maybe sleep with a woman (I did it when I was thirteen. Didn't... *ahem* Finish, though) I couldn't have a relationship with them. So I figured, eh, call myself gay, leave it at that.)

Now you all get to know something you didn't know about me! And probably didn't WANT to know about me!

The More You Know!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 946 947 [948] 949 950 ... 11037