Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 944 945 [946] 947 948 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14483466 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #14175 on: August 18, 2012, 11:15:11 am »

to be honest, babies being very leaky is a big problem they ought to fix.
Intended feature. People kept signing up for Matronism and then dropping the child halfway through. They had to eventually use some pretty advanced psychology just to keep them rearing the baby for longer than a year or two. Even now, some players go afk or just leave and leave some poor newbie to starve to death.

Yeah, it's a quest fix, not a bug. Now the whole harlequin ichthyosis thing, that's a bug. So is cancer and AIDS. They're being worked on though.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14176 on: August 18, 2012, 11:34:38 am »

Downloading maps for Spring, and I see an adbar at the bottom that says:
"This download is supported by:

You made an mistake, you are using Internet Explorer You made an mistake, you are using Internet Explorer"

An ad that's not compatible with IE? It's also plain text, not an ad that links to any product.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #14177 on: August 18, 2012, 11:45:24 am »

The internet has an irrational hatred for IE. I've never had any issues with it.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14178 on: August 18, 2012, 11:51:46 am »

Well, have a list then:
IE6 is a piece of non-standard crap that no one wants to support ever anymore and yet people still use it
Newer IE is better but if you have a choice between it and FF/chrome, the latters have more features.
It attracts toolbars like candles attract moths
Add-ons (if there are any) are awkward to install compared to FF/Chrome
It doesn't have as neat a logo as Firefox.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14179 on: August 18, 2012, 12:14:32 pm »

Well, have a list then:
IE6 is a piece of non-standard crap that no one wants to support ever anymore and yet people still use it
Newer IE is better but if you have a choice between it and FF/chrome, the latters have more features.
It attracts toolbars like candles attract moths
Add-ons (if there are any) are awkward to install compared to FF/Chrome
It doesn't have as neat a logo as Firefox.

Now for the pros:
It pisses everyone off that you use it

Aaaand, I know what I'm picking. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14180 on: August 18, 2012, 12:16:18 pm »

Heck yeah!

Also, Chrome? Firefox? Those are horrible, man. :-\ Seriously. I was stuck using Firefox for a long time and it was torture.
Either IE or Opera are the only browsers worth using. *sagenod*
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14181 on: August 18, 2012, 12:18:52 pm »

Heck yeah!

Also, Chrome? Firefox? Those are horrible, man. :-\ Seriously. I was stuck using Firefox for a long time and it was torture.
Either IE or Opera are the only browsers worth using. *sagenod*

Remember, lift with your back, not your knees. :P
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14182 on: August 18, 2012, 12:20:55 pm »

I recently switched to Chrome because firefox thought taking a full two minutes to load each and every page was absolutely hilarious.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14183 on: August 18, 2012, 12:21:50 pm »

I recently switched to Chrome because firefox thought taking a full two minutes to load each and every page was absolutely hilarious.

Ah, and much lulz were had at the expense of Firefoxers.
He's fucking with us.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14184 on: August 18, 2012, 12:24:53 pm »

I'm curious how much stuff you put on it to make it do that. The only place that take long to load for me (on the non-most recent FF, since this one works perfectly fine and the version number is absurd as it is), and I've got a bunch of things on it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14185 on: August 18, 2012, 12:26:12 pm »

I had like, 3 total addons. At first I thought it was my internet connection, but then I loaded up IE to see pages pop up nigh instantly.

Dunno what borked firefox, but now I don't have to deal with that silly tab scrolling issue either.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14186 on: August 18, 2012, 12:32:39 pm »

You certainly broke something entirely there. I've got 26 addons and it works perfectly fine, except for flash being broken and freezing everything when the computer is in sleep mode.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14187 on: August 18, 2012, 12:55:36 pm »

I've had similar problems with Firefox in the past. It took ages to fire up, which is why I kept using IE (and am using it right now, hah!). I should probably use Chrome or something, but ehh.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14188 on: August 18, 2012, 12:58:04 pm »

I've never had any problems with Firefox, and my computer is made of chewing gum, paperclips and a few screens from some old calculators.
*Hugs*

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14189 on: August 18, 2012, 01:00:25 pm »

I've never had any problems with Firefox, and my computer is made of chewing gum, paperclips and a few screens from some old calculators.
And pure willpower?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 944 945 [946] 947 948 ... 11037