Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 877 878 [879] 880 881 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14439901 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #13170 on: July 30, 2012, 01:26:14 pm »

It's not. Seriously, seriously not. It's on my "No, thank you." list. Can see where it's coming from, but definitely not among my kinks.

Think actually responding to the second question would probably be skirting the forum guidelines (moreso than the first post, bleh), so no :-\
Ah well, you know what they say about homophobes...

My last dream actually involved someone who was inducing hallucinations in my head, having me hallucinate in my dream, and having to determine what was "real" and what wasn't. And even then it all made sense and I wasn't able to see the dream for being a dream. I'm such a believer.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13171 on: July 30, 2012, 02:01:54 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Y'all should sort this mess out.  Swapping the red bit for the blue bits would be a good start.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13172 on: July 30, 2012, 02:18:23 pm »

Check the border between Armenia and Azerbaijan.  It's even more bizarre, and to make it worse, the two countries hate each other.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13173 on: July 30, 2012, 02:36:32 pm »

It's not just you! http://google.co.uk looks down from here.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13174 on: July 30, 2012, 02:40:13 pm »

Why would they get rid of that? It's great for tourism!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13175 on: July 30, 2012, 02:48:00 pm »

Works for me.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #13176 on: July 30, 2012, 03:04:35 pm »

Of all the games they published, I played quite a few, and enjoyed none.

WTF: The borders of belgium:
This is my field, that one is yours, this is mine, that's yours...
Fun fact, odd borders like that were the result of nobles gambling away parts of their land to other nobles.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13177 on: July 30, 2012, 11:24:23 pm »

growing drugs in a legal country surrounded by country its illegal in would be good. Stepping over the line be annoying , but i think the police would just go over the border as they simple would bot give a crap.

-----
http://www.instructables.com/id/Bioluminescent-Bacterial-Lightbulb-Water-Polluti/
Lightsouce from fish guts!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUbIWqiynBY&feature=related Bioluminescence Surfing
wonder what the first colonists though or what the native indians though caused it to glow.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 11:34:09 pm by Lord Inquisitor »
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13178 on: July 30, 2012, 11:55:35 pm »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13179 on: July 31, 2012, 12:04:06 am »

Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13180 on: July 31, 2012, 12:14:37 am »

Apparently it only lasts like a month. There goes my plan to eternally light my house in a warm green glow, then tell everyone it's plutonium.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13181 on: July 31, 2012, 12:19:24 am »

growing drugs in a legal country surrounded by country its illegal in would be good. Stepping over the line be annoying , but i think the police would just go over the border as they simple would bot give a crap.
It's actually illegal to grow cannabis in the Netherlands beyond a few house plants, even though a lot of people do it.

The laws are a little weird on this one, mostly because of international issues. If I've got my facts straight, coffee shops are allowed to sell in small quantities, but legally they can't actually grow it themselves, import it, or buy it from anyone locally (because only coffee shops are allowed to sell Marijuana, and only in small quantities, it's a Catch 22 situation), the result is that a coffee shop actually has to break the law if it wants to get any product to sell. This is something that is usually overlooked by the police, it's kind of like so many brothels in the UK.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #13182 on: July 31, 2012, 02:11:46 am »

also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUbIWqiynBY&feature=related Bioluminescence Surfing
wonder what the first colonists though or what the native indians though caused it to glow.
The first time I saw this effect I was drugged out of my skull (oh, back in the days). The others with me told me they could see the sea light up, too, but I was sure I was hallucinating, and wouldn't believe they saw it, too. Pretty WTF moment, that was.

-snip-
Yep, that's exactly how it works.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13183 on: July 31, 2012, 03:06:01 am »

You forgot that many coffeeshops are along the border, but people who arent from the Netherlands arent actually allowed to go buy cannabis and that there was fuss about that a while ago.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13184 on: July 31, 2012, 05:00:57 am »

Riddle me this:

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/230993-mists-of-asia/

Real racism/ethnocentrism, or a parody?

Note that the guy posting it has the name of "Skinhat." That can't be coincidence, but doesn't shed light on whether it's real or not.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 877 878 [879] 880 881 ... 11040