Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 875 876 [877] 878 879 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14441823 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #13140 on: July 30, 2012, 07:09:09 am »

I imagine it would depend on the persons and breads in question.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13141 on: July 30, 2012, 07:10:59 am »

Though usually entirely different, I think? I've not made a rigorous comparison. Perhaps in the future. There are worse scent accompaniments to fornication than bread.
Fornicius!
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13142 on: July 30, 2012, 07:11:13 am »

Ahem... Uhh, no, fresh-baked bread generally smells nothing like Subway. :-\ What the hell do they make it out of?

Also I've only smelled one half of the f-word smell, and if you ask me it is not nice. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13143 on: July 30, 2012, 07:12:20 am »

The "subway smell" doesn't come from the baking. It comes from the bread rising. What you're smelling is the yeast.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13144 on: July 30, 2012, 07:14:15 am »

But bread/yeast doesn't smell like that when I bake it. [/stubborn]
Booze is Life for Yoink

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13145 on: July 30, 2012, 07:14:48 am »

But bread doesn't smell like that when I bake it. [/stubborn]
Are you baking unleavened bread?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13146 on: July 30, 2012, 07:17:04 am »

The acidity of the vinegar, combined with the saltiness of the salt, is a classic winning flavor combination, and forms the basis of many recipes, from the pedestrian to the gourmet. This simply distills it to the rawest form. It's something of an acquired taste.
Yes. Yes! YES!

YES!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13147 on: July 30, 2012, 07:17:42 am »

The "subway smell" doesn't come from the baking. It comes from the bread rising. What you're smelling is the yeast.
Come on up for the rising
Com on up, lay your hands in mine
Come on up for the rising
Come on up for the rising tonight
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13148 on: July 30, 2012, 07:34:05 am »

But bread doesn't smell like that when I bake it. [/stubborn]
Are you baking unleavened bread?

I just checked what 'leavened' actually means, and nope, I generally use yeast.
Booze is Life for Yoink

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13149 on: July 30, 2012, 07:36:57 am »

Hmm, somehow my computer suddenly tried to connect to the internet via a proxy, in the middle of a browsing session, causing pages not to load at all. Turning it off made them instantly load.
Should i panic and format my harddrive?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13150 on: July 30, 2012, 08:01:48 am »

Hmm, somehow my computer suddenly tried to connect to the internet via a proxy, in the middle of a browsing session, causing pages not to load at all. Turning it off made them instantly load.
Should i panic and format my harddrive?
Panic and scan everything first. With a reasonable A/V.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13151 on: July 30, 2012, 09:07:39 am »

I hope AVG will do.
This is essentially my computer, but my parents wont let me do things like change A/V's.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #13152 on: July 30, 2012, 09:10:56 am »

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/07/30/psa-possible-security-risk-in-some-ubisoft-pc-games/
Ubisoft DRM has a massive gaping security exploit in it. Complete with proof of concept program which will open a program on your PC. Uninstall UPlay ASAP, as well as hunting down the browser plugin it installs in all your browsers.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13153 on: July 30, 2012, 09:17:00 am »

I dont have Uplay, nor any of the games mentioned on the list.
Nor do i have the browser extension.
(not that i infact give a fuck about the two ubisoft games installed on my pc, because i never played one and got bored with the other)

EDIT:
Tested the calc-calling link, i'm safe.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 09:23:49 am by miauw62 »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13154 on: July 30, 2012, 09:18:46 am »

XD

Ubisoft DRM is so bad it causes security problems now as well?

I hope AVG will do.
This is essentially my computer, but my parents wont let me do things like change A/V's.
As long as it isn't Norton it should be at least half-decent. AVG is goodish.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 875 876 [877] 878 879 ... 11040