Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 868 869 [870] 871 872 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14449430 times)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #13035 on: July 28, 2012, 09:46:05 pm »

It could have been an accident, someone typing in their name, and getting all confused why it wouldn't work, and asked blizzard to reset it, not realizing that they were an idiot and typed in the wrong username (because I don't think that real hackers would ask blizzard to reset your password, because that makes no sense).
It does depend on how common your blizzard username is and how easy it would be in accidentally (instead of theirs), but I think that's the most likely cause.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13036 on: July 28, 2012, 09:56:54 pm »

(because I don't think that real hackers would ask blizzard to reset your password, because that makes no sense).
Actually, this one of the main ways people use to get into accounts. If they know your email address, they get into that, then reset your password. This one is a newby and forget the first part of it. If he's a hacker, that is.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13037 on: July 29, 2012, 02:14:55 am »

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/07/19/12834002-55-years-ago-6-stood-under-atomic-bomb-blast-on-purpose?lite
Apparently you can stand beneath an atomic air burst and be relatively fine. Providing the initial gamma radiation doesn't screw with your cells and the shockwave doesn't do you harm (and you make it out before the fallout begins falling) - you'll walk out fine. Well probably not walk, since you can't exactly out-walk fallout, but you get the idea.

1950's America - doing if for !!SCIENCE!!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13038 on: July 29, 2012, 02:23:47 am »

Was playing an online game this evening, and someone shows up in global chat going on about..something or other. Apparently there is air in space and sound. He also claimed to be a "meteologist" and when pressed for evidence about his claims (proved in the 1950s, IIRC), either grew evasive and started going on about trees falling in the middle of the forest or told us to "look it up". Not sure if troll or raving lunatic.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13039 on: July 29, 2012, 02:36:23 am »

Was playing an online game this evening, and someone shows up in global chat going on about..something or other. Apparently there is air in space and sound. He also claimed to be a "meteologist" and when pressed for evidence about his claims (proved in the 1950s, IIRC), either grew evasive and started going on about trees falling in the middle of the forest or told us to "look it up". Not sure if troll or raving lunatic.
Meteology is srs bsns man

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13040 on: July 29, 2012, 02:47:32 am »

(because I don't think that real hackers would ask blizzard to reset your password, because that makes no sense).
Actually, this one of the main ways people use to get into accounts. If they know your email address, they get into that, then reset your password. This one is a newby and forget the first part of it. If he's a hacker, that is.
Well yeah, thats the key thing, he has to know your email address+password first. Not knowing it turns "good method of gaining access" to "completely nonsensical action".
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13041 on: July 29, 2012, 02:56:33 am »

It's possible it was a fake email, to try and get you to reset your password on a site that isn't Blizzard's. Of course, that still has the problem of it either being fairly obviously (not that this is a problem, lots of people are really dumb) a scam (if you need your current password to recover it then there's something wrong) or not actually giving them your password.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13042 on: July 29, 2012, 03:26:41 am »

For the last week, my dreams have seemed more real than my waking time. I don't feel tired, I just sleep when it seems right. Everything just seems off. It's quite odd. So many things are so weird; it all doesn't seem right, somehow.
With insomnia, nothing is real. Everything is far away. Everything is a copy of a copy of a copy....
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13043 on: July 29, 2012, 03:40:29 am »

For the last week, my dreams have seemed more real than my waking time. I don't feel tired, I just sleep when it seems right. Everything just seems off. It's quite odd. So many things are so weird; it all doesn't seem right, somehow.
With insomnia, nothing is real. Everything is far away. Everything is a copy of a copy of a copy....
This is how I feel, except it's all around me. Not physically-seeming far away, but distinct and separate from myself and conscious. Sort of like the feeling you get from Animal Crossing.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13044 on: July 29, 2012, 04:36:32 am »

this bottle of cleaner i use for thermal paste removal,  i dont know whats in it but i achieve 5 second murder on a spider with this stuff.....

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13045 on: July 29, 2012, 08:09:24 am »

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/07/19/12834002-55-years-ago-6-stood-under-atomic-bomb-blast-on-purpose?lite
Apparently you can stand beneath an atomic air burst and be relatively fine. Providing the initial gamma radiation doesn't screw with your cells and the shockwave doesn't do you harm (and you make it out before the fallout begins falling) - you'll walk out fine. Well probably not walk, since you can't exactly out-walk fallout, but you get the idea.

1950's America - doing if for !!SCIENCE!!
Even better was this line from the article:

The five officers, who volunteered for the duty, and the cameraman, who did not...

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13046 on: July 29, 2012, 02:11:17 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLCF7vPanrY
A Time-Lapse Map of Every Nuclear Explosion Since 1945 - by Isao Hashimoto

Starts slow as hell and gets jiggy in the 60's and everyone blamed the drugs!
Now think the people born then are ruling your country.
Its also a massive waste of uranium, say a minimum of 7kg each and we know they were not using the minimum. Thats 14,371Kg of Uranium wasted or 43,113,000 Tonne worth of Coal energy wasted. 43 million tones of coal at a minimum gone up in the air as in some sort of alpha male mating ritual. Probably who has the smallest brain.
I support nuclear for fuel using 4th generation at a minimum tech. Too many of current designs belong in scrap heap.
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13047 on: July 29, 2012, 02:33:16 pm »

My sleep patterns are so messed up right now. At the moment I feel so, so tired, it's weird.
Also I had a can of coffee-infused Monster energy today, that messed me up. I felt quite ill for a moment after taking a couple of swigs, and then I had a massive, hyped-up rush for a few hours, giggling to myself and all, until I eventually crashed majorly.
Maybe you aren't supposed to drink that stuff on an empty stomach. :P It was a lot like being drunk, actually.

And now I've gotten a few hours sleep and am drinking some 'Rockstar Energy'. This time I'm just getting the tired part, sadly.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13048 on: July 29, 2012, 02:56:50 pm »

Suggestion: if your sleep patterns are messed up, drink less caffeinated bewerages. And not at all after 2 P M
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13049 on: July 29, 2012, 05:18:58 pm »

http://www.redorbit.com/news/science/1112661209/young-gorillas-observed-dismantling-poacher-snares/
Young Gorillas Observed Dismantling Poacher Snares.

Gorillas not as dumb as people think.

We should teach them more, so they can even the odds.
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.
Pages: 1 ... 868 869 [870] 871 872 ... 11040