Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 861 862 [863] 864 865 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14455749 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #12930 on: July 26, 2012, 02:55:43 pm »

The opinions of a musician whose work I'm not a fan of have precisely no bearing on my opinions of a television show of which I am a fan. However, those opinions do improve my opinion of the musician, if not his work.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12931 on: July 26, 2012, 02:56:08 pm »

I don't tend to hate on things that most people hate on. Well, no more than I hate on most things.

I tend to hate on the fans who can be annoyingly obsessive at times.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12932 on: July 26, 2012, 03:00:29 pm »

I don't tend to hate on things that most people hate on. Well, no more than I hate on most things.

I tend to hate on the fans who can be annoyingly obsessive at times.
Stuff like this is your bane, then?

I have found your weakness!
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12933 on: July 26, 2012, 03:05:28 pm »

Object of hatred != weaksauce weakness, my dear.

And that's a word I'm never going to use again.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12934 on: July 26, 2012, 03:09:43 pm »

Well I'm certain I can figure out how to use your constant mention of tropes against you.

I'll get you next time!
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #12935 on: July 26, 2012, 03:10:57 pm »

Got 8.5 hours of sleep, and feel more tired than yesterday when I was running on 4.5 hours of sleep.

I think it's the overtime.  I've been working a bunch of overtime the last couple weeks, and it's directly coincided with a massive spike in dream activity.  Not only am I dreaming more and more vividly, but all of them have involved really intense action struggles.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12936 on: July 26, 2012, 03:19:58 pm »

Try lucid dreaming. Turn action struggles into drowning people in boiling rock.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12937 on: July 26, 2012, 03:26:30 pm »

As far as I can tell, all the beiber hate is because he apparently sounds like a girl half the time and is popular.

But since I'm meh on MLP, I'm not going to try to drag this out any farther than that.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #12938 on: July 26, 2012, 03:27:13 pm »

Try lucid dreaming. Turn action struggles into drowning people in boiling rock.

I've tried, but have never succeeded at lucid dreaming.  I rarely wake up with any awareness that I dreamed at all.  It's why I hate sleep so much.  It feels like throwing time into an empty void.  Like I just cease to exist for a few hours.  I close my eyes.  I open my eyes.  There's nothing in-between.

Except when I work overtime, apparently.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12939 on: July 26, 2012, 03:32:30 pm »

Mh, i like sleeping. Just generally feels good to lay in a bed and be able to not give a fuck for 8 hours or so.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #12940 on: July 26, 2012, 03:45:39 pm »

I've never understood the Bieber hate.

'Twas a joke. Beiber's actually a pretty cool kid, and he's done some neat stuff for his fans before, like visiting a sick girl who was dying and wanted to meet him for her birthday or something. Any pop star that does that with even trace amounts of sincerity gets an A in my book. I hope he doesn't crash and burn like 90% of the other child stars out there, since he's seems like one of the few positive celebrity role models.

However, I don't like his music. Ugh.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12941 on: July 26, 2012, 03:49:25 pm »

Yeah, his voice is pretty bad imho.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12942 on: July 26, 2012, 04:03:07 pm »

I'm ambivalent. I wouldn't go out of my way to listen to his music, but it coming on the radio or something isn't really enough to make me want to change the station either.
*Hugs*

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #12943 on: July 26, 2012, 04:06:31 pm »

He does seem to be managing his assets reasonably well for an 18 year old (recent Forbes cover article)

As long as he stays off drugs...

Anyway, I assume there has already been a Beiber in Equestria crossover fanfic.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.
Pages: 1 ... 861 862 [863] 864 865 ... 11040