Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 835 836 [837] 838 839 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14516555 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #12540 on: July 17, 2012, 03:57:51 pm »

The Mind Fucking Stupidity of the creature called a dog. Dummest animal known to man, lot of then should be used as food or shot for sport. I really hate dogs! How can a animal be so retarded and annoying.
Tell that to all the seeing-eye, disabled-helper, bomb-sniffing, rescue-working, K-9 dogs out there. Don't worry, they'll love you no matter what you think of them.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #12541 on: July 17, 2012, 04:04:53 pm »

My friend was drinking some parsley tea because she read somewhere that starts your period. It's super gross, obviously, so she ended up spitting it out all over the ground. And my feet.

This is why stupid online homeopathy is stupid.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12542 on: July 17, 2012, 04:07:26 pm »

The Mind Fucking Stupidity of the creature called a dog. Dummest animal known to man, lot of then should be used as food or shot for sport. I really hate dogs! How can a animal be so retarded and annoying.
Tell that to all the seeing-eye, disabled-helper, bomb-sniffing, rescue-working, K-9 dogs out there. Don't worry, they'll love you no matter what you think of them.
FEEL THE GUILT

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12543 on: July 17, 2012, 04:07:59 pm »

Yeah, some dogs can actually be pretty clever and show a decent amount of reasoning skills, others are dumb as bricks and show absolutely no reasoning skills at all.

I don't want to sound sexist but I've noticed female dogs seem to be better at figuring out ways to manipulate and play tricks on people, whereas the male dogs seem to show more gusto and energy.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #12544 on: July 17, 2012, 04:08:09 pm »

My friend was drinking some parsley tea because she read somewhere that starts your period. It's super gross, obviously, so she ended up spitting it out all over the ground. And my feet.

This is why stupid online homeopathy is stupid.

Because online homeopathy is the same as homeopathy. Its total bullshit that people like to believe because they are dumb enough to think that believing something will make them feel better.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12545 on: July 17, 2012, 04:09:32 pm »

Because online homeopathy is the same as homeopathy. Its total bullshit that people like to believe because they are dumb enough to think that believing something will make them feel better.
Well there is truth in you feeling better. Whether or not your ACTUAL health changes on the other hand...

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12546 on: July 17, 2012, 04:11:55 pm »

Never underestimate the power of placebos.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #12547 on: July 17, 2012, 04:13:05 pm »

She's not even the kind of person who does that sort of thing. I guess she just thought "Hey, we've got parsley in the cupboard. What harm could it do?" and then she spat it all over my feet.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #12548 on: July 17, 2012, 04:13:35 pm »

The placebo effect is still an effect. Technically.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #12549 on: July 17, 2012, 04:29:08 pm »

So I read a book (The 4th book in the A Tale of Ice and Fire series) for the second time.
Spoiler: spoilery spoilers (click to show/hide)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12550 on: July 17, 2012, 04:47:00 pm »

So I read a book (The 4th book in the A Tale of Ice and Fire series) for the second time.
Spoiler: spoilery spoilers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, both Iron Man movies have hints at the Mandarin, which I realized only after reading about them, quite obscure frankly, but very obvious to the fans I guess.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #12551 on: July 17, 2012, 04:49:16 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #12552 on: July 17, 2012, 04:51:14 pm »

FEEL THE GUILT
Nah, I agree, they're not even natural. They're a man-made abomination and all dogs should be purged from the face of the earth.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #12553 on: July 17, 2012, 05:20:20 pm »

I think I just read the most punny sentence I've yet seen in 'journalism.'
In an article about inflatable heat shields:
It’s all “science friction” — pushing the envelope, quite literally, while trying to beat the heat of atmospheric re-entry.

3 puns in one sentence. GG.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12554 on: July 17, 2012, 05:25:00 pm »

I have 2 dogs at my place, both the parents/sisters, I hate dog and they are the reason. Kinda like collies, had a collie as kid, big and annoying but not so stupid. These are just stupic and gonna get the police around with their habbit of chasing everyone on the road.

As for cats we had 17 of them about the house once people kept dumping kittens and straws on tyhe entrance. Got rid of them eventually and kept our own, a persian who who sat on your skoulder like a parrot even when you didnt want it to. Its brother was a idiot who pised on everthing.
is some proff that cat owners kill themselves and have more car accidents, wonder if insurance companies charge extra for cat owners. they charge for everything else.

"man-made abomination "
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.
Pages: 1 ... 835 836 [837] 838 839 ... 11037