Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 823 824 [825] 826 827 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14514234 times)

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #12360 on: July 14, 2012, 01:43:44 pm »

SUDDEN UNEXPECTED CHANGE OF TOPIC!

Since I'm not sure if this is a good kickstarter or a bad one, I'm just posting it here for now: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/w21/super-techno-kitten-adventure/
Watch the video at least, it's pretty fun in a WTF kind of way...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12361 on: July 14, 2012, 01:44:44 pm »

I'd been trying to do that with parody religions, but cats work too.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12362 on: July 14, 2012, 01:45:50 pm »

Well, it's a logical contradiction; it can't have two mutually exclusive properties... unless it doesn't have them at the same time, or either "pink" or "invisible" have different definitions here.

I'm not quite sure what that's satirizing, except maybe overly convoluted religions with mutually exclusive doctrine. Not all religions are like that.

I'd call it agnosticism, since you accept the possibility of an invisible unicorn there.

And note that once you trip over it, you prove its existence, so it's not the best of comparisons to religion (none of which have been proven yet). If it was completely intangible too, then it'd make a better analogy, but I prefer elephants for my invisible intangible pets.
Wait wait wait. I can trip over my own shoes sometimes. I'm pretty clumsy. I'd be far more likely to believe that I tripped over something else than an invisible pink unicorn.
Then you experiment until you get to the "within reasonable doubt" stage. There's always a chance something could be a fluke, no matter what you're experimenting with, be it invisible unicorns or sub atomic particles.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12363 on: July 14, 2012, 01:48:52 pm »

Since I'm not sure if this is a good kickstarter or a bad one, I'm just posting it here for now: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/w21/super-techno-kitten-adventure/
But... there was a pink unicorn in that. You didn't change the subject at all!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12364 on: July 14, 2012, 01:51:09 pm »

Well, it's a logical contradiction; it can't have two mutually exclusive properties... unless it doesn't have them at the same time, or either "pink" or "invisible" have different definitions here.
It's only pink if you can see invisible.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12365 on: July 14, 2012, 01:52:21 pm »

Well...that was pretty WTF-inducing, alright O_o

@ Lagslayer: Ah, but the pink unicorn wasn't invisible, was it?

@ kaijyuu: True.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12366 on: July 14, 2012, 01:52:39 pm »

The Invisible Pink unicorn is both pink and invisible, like [deity] is invisible but is most certainly present at [location]. Both can not be proved otherwise without continued debacle. That is what its parodizing. I linked the wikipedia about it for a reason, you know.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12367 on: July 14, 2012, 02:14:50 pm »

Since I'm not sure if this is a good kickstarter or a bad one, I'm just posting it here for now: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/w21/super-techno-kitten-adventure/widget/video.html

The drugs are strong in this one or othere similar meme abuse describing this video
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12368 on: July 14, 2012, 03:08:12 pm »

@ Atheism: Well, when you get athiests who take delight in telling religious types how they're "wrong", they really become no better than those door-knockin' types they love to mock. :P

On-topic: Mole people ate my RPG group. :'(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12369 on: July 14, 2012, 03:26:17 pm »

Well crap, who're you gonna roll dice with now?

Wait, you don't mean a tabletop RPG do you. Dammit, now my joke doesn't work anymore.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12370 on: July 14, 2012, 03:26:42 pm »

He'll roll dice with the mole people.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 03:31:57 pm by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #12371 on: July 14, 2012, 03:27:21 pm »

So many OOC quotes in these last couple pages that I'm not even going to bother.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12372 on: July 14, 2012, 03:27:40 pm »

That's what you get for LARPing in strange caves. Mole people.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12373 on: July 14, 2012, 05:52:32 pm »

Afternoon nap brain says: The capital T Truth is... a brand of toothbrush. Offered to a sheep by Jesus as incentive to abandon something conceptually related to a mortal adventuring party in order to ascend to divinity. The sheep declines, and the dream continues. Then there was walking along a highway, and a tiny turtle slowly cooking to death (metal, heat, etc.) on the guardrail point-of-view character was walking along. Then woke up while looking at the turtle.

That one was a little more disjointed than usual. Ehn.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #12374 on: July 14, 2012, 08:14:33 pm »

@ Atheism: Well, when you get athiests who take delight in telling religious types how they're "wrong", they really become no better than those door-knockin' types they love to mock. :P

See, but we're right so that makes our mockery better.
Pages: 1 ... 823 824 [825] 826 827 ... 11037