Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 812 813 [814] 815 816 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14511751 times)

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #12195 on: July 11, 2012, 10:27:38 pm »

I do miss the Iron Chef series, but Mythbusters is all on Netflicks.

Somehow I typed that as "Mythbusters is all on LSD". o.O
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #12196 on: July 11, 2012, 11:30:36 pm »

I watch the internet videos of random stuff here and there, but otherwise I don't even watch tv or movies online.  I'm just spoiled by interactivity.  When deciding what I want to do with my time I see it as a choice between sitting back and passively absorbing something vs being actively involved in something.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12197 on: July 11, 2012, 11:34:00 pm »

The only time I ever watch tv is: a) multi-tasking because it's background noise from my parents watching, b) an interesting sports thing is on (which is very rare, because we don't have cable, and my favorite teams are all so far away as to not exist,) or c) Neil deGrasse Tyson is on (and I usually just watch him on the intertubes.)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #12198 on: July 11, 2012, 11:37:08 pm »

Ditto with the 'not watching TV' theme.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12199 on: July 11, 2012, 11:55:00 pm »

Only time I watch TV is when I'm in jail.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #12200 on: July 11, 2012, 11:56:13 pm »

Welp, onto the bandwagon! I typically don't watch TV, but Buffy the Vampire Slayer has been devouring my free time lately. Just 2 and a half seasons to go! I blame Netflix for this. Also my own willpower, or rather lack thereof.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12201 on: July 11, 2012, 11:57:25 pm »

Only time I watch TV is when I'm in jail.
I have never even seen the inside of a jailhouse, even for a tour, except on tv. That's pretty astonishing, I think, considering the way I've lived my life.

Edited for clarity, I hope.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 12:32:57 am by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12202 on: July 12, 2012, 12:12:51 am »

I don't know how many times I've been told to go back to "your own country." Often, people assume that I'm hispanic, middle eastern or asian. Oh? What's that? I'm only tan because I'm Native American. That's right, beeyatch, I'm more 'murrican than you can ever hope to be.
Oh gods....for some reason the only image i can now associate with MZ is the Indian from the Village People. >_<

What is wrong with you, brain??

Now imagine that guy punching out a shark.  Hell... make it a mecha-shark, just to keep things interesting.

Ah, yes, the SPC.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12203 on: July 12, 2012, 12:34:47 am »

I don't know how many times I've been told to go back to "your own country." Often, people assume that I'm hispanic, middle eastern or asian. Oh? What's that? I'm only tan because I'm Native American. That's right, beeyatch, I'm more 'murrican than you can ever hope to be.
Oh gods....for some reason the only image i can now associate with MZ is the Indian from the Village People. >_<

What is wrong with you, brain??

Now imagine that guy punching out a shark.  Hell... make it a mecha-shark, just to keep things interesting.

Ah, yes, the SPC.
I have no idea what you guys are pitting me against, but I approve wholeheartedly.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12204 on: July 12, 2012, 01:03:39 am »

The SPC--the Shark Punching Committee.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12205 on: July 12, 2012, 01:13:04 am »

aaaaaaaaand I'm on board. Yessir.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #12206 on: July 12, 2012, 01:19:50 am »

As the committee chairman, you'd better be.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12208 on: July 12, 2012, 03:00:53 am »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12209 on: July 12, 2012, 03:06:20 am »

Urgh. My computer is being weird and has not been saving my internet history...
Usually that wouldn't be a problem, but before today it was at least remembering  my place in Bay12 threads. :-\
For someone who spends so much time on the internet, you'd think I'd have some idea how to fix it, heh.

Anyway! I've slowly started watching more TV lately. It's kinda scary, I never used to watch TV at -all-... I think I made a better post on the topic elsewhere on the forums.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 812 813 [814] 815 816 ... 11037