Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 808 809 [810] 811 812 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14509200 times)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #12135 on: July 11, 2012, 11:37:56 am »

The only purpose of school district web blockers is to inconvenience the kids who aren't nerds.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12136 on: July 11, 2012, 11:38:00 am »

The Electronic Frontier Foundation's home site is blocked at my old school. I noticed this when choosing a subject for a project on non-profit organizations and found it immensely funny.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12137 on: July 11, 2012, 11:39:43 am »

ok, just found out, my nose will unblock if I go downstairs then block up again, then, after going upstairs, it unblocks before blocking up again.

does this cold hate stairs?
it hates minor changes in altitude.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #12138 on: July 11, 2012, 11:43:31 am »

It's probably the difference of blood pressure from exerting yourself a little.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12139 on: July 11, 2012, 11:52:58 am »

When I was in high school, they installed this crazy 'big brother' computer security thing where the... Uh, don't remember the actual name, but the teacher in charge of the whole IT department (who incidentally looked really creepy, with a black ponytail and this villainous little goatee) could monitor whatever was going on on any school computer.
I think he enjoyed that job way too much... You'd be happily going along doing work/playing Halo when suddenly your computer would lock up, your cursor would slide slowly across the screen to delete your supposedly 'hidden' games folder(pretty much everyone had at least a few games saved to their USB drive, although to my knowledge I was the only one with any roguelikes), and then you'd look towards the back of the room and the creepy IT teacher guy would have stepped out of his office to glare menacingly at you with his beady little eyes.
Not to mention a few people actually lost their assignments and such when their games were deleted. :P

Um. I kinda forgot where I was going with this post. :-\ I have a headache. I'll just repeat my WTF at boiler hats.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12140 on: July 11, 2012, 12:02:17 pm »

NetStudent, possibly. (Or I'm completly making up that name, I never had to deal with it personally) I know one of my friends had to deal with that in a programming class, but in our IT class (which was in a different building since it was a multi-school technical class, not just mine), besides not being allowed to (be obvious about) loopholing the filter, or touching the sophos a/v, it was pretty much games at the end of the year because the teacher was laidback, the IT guy was friends with him, and we had a dozen non-school network computers to use to practice networking. So Halo, and Minecraft (not at the same time obviously, these are still generic desktops from a few years ago), and occasionally something else if someone brought it.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 12:04:33 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12141 on: July 11, 2012, 12:18:39 pm »

Spoiler: Drunken rambling (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12142 on: July 11, 2012, 12:19:42 pm »

RM Tutor is an example I have familiarity with. Of course, its most useful at subverting the system it is designed to protect. When being trained how to use it to monitor students, I used it to gain access to the network mangers computer, used that one to access the Head of CompSci's workstation, and then used his to back access the network managers computer. From there it didnt take much to lock them all at the same time. This resulted in 3 computers all locked from within each other using some random passwords I made up on the spot. Only a hard reset would return them to control of thier intended users. This didnt go down well, considering the "unsaved" material running on each one at the time. But hey, at least one big vulnerablitity was exposed.
This is a blank sig.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #12143 on: July 11, 2012, 12:31:28 pm »

Honestly, I was weirded out by the headline, but the fact that it was Hatsune Miku somehow made the whole thing a lot less WTFy in my mind. I mean, people already go see her live concerts, so this is kind of meh in comparison.

Wait, I thought that was just some anime.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
This is a blank sig.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12145 on: July 11, 2012, 01:22:17 pm »

Honestly, I was weirded out by the headline, but the fact that it was Hatsune Miku somehow made the whole thing a lot less WTFy in my mind. I mean, people already go see her live concerts, so this is kind of meh in comparison.

Nope, Miku is quite distinct in the telling apart the anime thing from a vocaloid related thing, since she appears in dang anything for some reason.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #12146 on: July 11, 2012, 01:36:10 pm »

The most fucked up internet block ever -- I work in customs brokerage, meaning I see foreign language text mixed into english documents all the damn time.  I need to translate stuff pretty often.  Coincidentally, Google Translate is the only part of Google that is blocked.  Further evidence that there are dark forces at work in this company that take pleasure in making our jobs difficult.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #12147 on: July 11, 2012, 01:37:29 pm »

Nope, Miku is quite distinct in the telling apart the anime thing from a vocaloid related thing, since she appears in dang anything for some reason.

I thought vocaloids were some anime, I mean.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12148 on: July 11, 2012, 02:08:46 pm »

Nope. Decent singing synthesizer programs with a voice bank(s) and a anime-style character drawn to describe them in broad terms.
Miku example, Luka one since Janet mentioned her, and one from the newer version of the vocaloid engine to round out the links at three. :P
There a few male ones but thats plenty of links as it is.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #12149 on: July 11, 2012, 03:05:09 pm »

The most fucked up internet block ever -- I work in customs brokerage, meaning I see foreign language text mixed into english documents all the damn time.  I need to translate stuff pretty often.  Coincidentally, Google Translate is the only part of Google that is blocked.  Further evidence that there are dark forces at work in this company that take pleasure in making our jobs difficult.

They probably don't want you cutting and pasting work documents into Google?
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.
Pages: 1 ... 808 809 [810] 811 812 ... 11037