Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 791 792 [793] 794 795 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14494120 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #11880 on: July 04, 2012, 11:23:14 pm »

Well, as long as no-one is threatening the other members of the group with death or hell or whatever, sounds like it works!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11881 on: July 04, 2012, 11:24:19 pm »

According to a brief Wikipedia once-over (not the best source, I know!), only around 10% or so of the population in the United States is LGBT. 80% of your group being LGBT is pretty high.

A surprising amount of LGBT people are not "out". I would be wary of any statistic on the actual population of LGBT people.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #11882 on: July 04, 2012, 11:24:21 pm »

Less likely to be a fluke in statistics as it is just that their similarities brought them together...

And it's really cool that you were all able to find each other.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11883 on: July 04, 2012, 11:26:52 pm »

According to a brief Wikipedia once-over (not the best source, I know!), only around 10% or so of the population in the United States is LGBT. 80% of your group being LGBT is pretty high.

A surprising amount of LGBT people are not "out". I would be wary of any statistic on the actual population of LGBT people.
True! I'm still pretty sure that LGBT people are a minority in the overall population, but the percentage of actual LGBT might actually be much higher. Who knows?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11884 on: July 04, 2012, 11:33:12 pm »

True! I'm still pretty sure that LGBT people are a minority in the overall population, but the percentage of actual LGBT might actually be much higher. Who knows?
I read something on wikipedia about approximately 90% of the population being some level of bisexual.

Then again, I may be totally wrong.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11885 on: July 04, 2012, 11:36:23 pm »

Yeah, I imagine most people lean one way or the other but have some level of attraction for both. I'm mostly attracted to women (especially physically), but too many random crushes and awkward boners to deny the other side as well.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11886 on: July 04, 2012, 11:38:39 pm »

Yeah, I think its about 11% for no (signifigant) leaning and something like 10% of people are totally one way or the other.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11887 on: July 04, 2012, 11:49:12 pm »

Yeah, I imagine most people lean one way or the other but have some level of attraction for both. I'm mostly attracted to women (especially physically), but too many random crushes and awkward boners to deny the other side as well.

Hmmm. I've had moments where I thought, "What would it be like if I were gay?" But it never progressed farther than that. I just flatly do not find other men attractive. I prefer the company of men as its easier for me to relate to someone with similar interests, but the only sexual feelings I've ever felt have been for women.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11888 on: July 04, 2012, 11:53:49 pm »

Slight change of topic here: sounds like a warzone or something outside. We've got illegal rockets being launched all over the neighborhood (loud bangs and flashing lights in the air), the legal-but-still-loud fireworks across and down the street, and constant rumblings from the official show a few miles away. I've heard thunderstorms that made less noise.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11889 on: July 04, 2012, 11:54:38 pm »

Slight change of topic here: sounds like a warzone or something outside. We've got illegal rockets being launched all over the neighborhood (loud bangs and flashing lights in the air), the legal-but-still-loud fireworks across and down the street, and constant rumblings from the official show a few miles away. I've heard thunderstorms that made less noise.
Good ol fourth o' july

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11890 on: July 04, 2012, 11:56:29 pm »

Good ol fourth o' july
This is an unusually loud year. Sure, we have a few illegal rockets and stuff every year; I've even launched a couple myself (though I did not buy them, and this was over five years ago). This year seems unusually intense.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11891 on: July 05, 2012, 12:01:53 am »

Good ol fourth o' july
This is an unusually loud year. Sure, we have a few illegal rockets and stuff every year; I've even launched a couple myself (though I did not buy them, and this was over five years ago). This year seems unusually intense.
I made some mortars this year. Its nice living in the country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11892 on: July 05, 2012, 12:30:18 am »

Welp, either someone's stash exploded or people are sending up some huge rockets. Getting some huge bangs out there and the night is still relatively young. Starting to wish we had a basement to shelter in.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #11893 on: July 05, 2012, 01:37:44 am »

This year was particularly loud in Michigan because some of the restrictions expired without an extension, so it's now legal for the general public to launch explodey things into the sky.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #11894 on: July 05, 2012, 01:51:11 am »

This year was particularly loud in Michigan because some of the restrictions expired without an extension, so it's now legal for the general public to launch explodey things into the sky.
Which is a wonderful thing to give your typical American. :P

BUMPF
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.
Pages: 1 ... 791 792 [793] 794 795 ... 11037