Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 773 774 [775] 776 777 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14502833 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #11610 on: June 29, 2012, 06:56:55 pm »

It's been topping out around 98-99 for the past week here, and humidity is getting up into the 40-50% range over the last couple days.  I'm still motorcycle commuting like a boss.  My tolerance for heat has actually risen considerably over the last few years.  This kind of weather used to kill me.  Now I'm alright.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #11611 on: June 29, 2012, 07:21:01 pm »

Went to Gameworks. Went upstairs. Went back downstairs. Suddenly, cosplayers everywhere.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11612 on: June 29, 2012, 07:22:37 pm »

Cosplayers are like costume parties: Either surprising or interesting. Sometimes both.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11613 on: June 29, 2012, 07:41:45 pm »

???

There's a difference between cosplaying and a costume party? Sure it sounds a bit weird to be "cosplaying" as Dracula on halloween, but they're functionally identical... I think.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #11614 on: June 29, 2012, 07:44:25 pm »

One of my goals in life is to talk to someone who decides to make fun of poeple cosplaying at movies, and then ask them what's the difference between that and wearing sports uniforms, jerseys, and paraphernalia at a sports game
It's FEF, not FEOF

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11615 on: June 29, 2012, 07:44:41 pm »

???

There's a difference between cosplaying and a costume party? Sure it sounds a bit weird to be "cosplaying" as Dracula on halloween, but they're functionally identical... I think.
Whoever has that idea should probably rethink their costume. I wanna go as Richter Belmont. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11616 on: June 29, 2012, 07:47:25 pm »

???

Well, costume parties are usually easier to figure out who everyone is, since theres not always a huge amount of people if there is a group around. Any place with major cosplay going on will have far too many characters for me to recognize most of unless its something I do know.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #11617 on: June 29, 2012, 07:48:16 pm »

The difference is costume parties are an excuse for attractive women to dress like sluts, whilst cosplay is an excuse for unattractive men to dress like sluts ;D

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11618 on: June 29, 2012, 07:48:55 pm »

People need an excuse!? O_o

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #11619 on: June 29, 2012, 07:50:24 pm »

The difference is costume parties are an excuse for attractive women to dress like sluts, whilst cosplay is an excuse for unattractive men to dress like sluts ;D
Wat? :P

This and the quote above feels like it belongs in the OOC thread.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #11620 on: June 29, 2012, 07:50:58 pm »

Sure. Just never a good one. "Why are you dressing like a slutty witch?" "Costume party." "Why are you dressing like a slutty wonder woman, despite being an overweight hairy man?" "Cosplay." "Why are you drinking that beer?" "Was sober."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11621 on: June 29, 2012, 07:51:35 pm »

Wat? :P

This and the quote above feels like it belongs in the OOC thread.
You need a reason to go to the OOC thread?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11622 on: June 29, 2012, 07:52:17 pm »

^^^^^

Looking at the word "cosplay," it makes me wonder if roleplaying was more involved in it once upon a time. People who dress up as Zuko or Cloud are no less likely to act the part than someone who dresses up as a pirate is to say "arr" and "matey."
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11623 on: June 29, 2012, 07:53:19 pm »

I say "arr" and "matey" without dressing up. Does that count?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11624 on: June 29, 2012, 08:02:53 pm »

Depends. Are you roleplaying a pirate, or are you actually a pirate with a peg leg and parrot on your shoulder?
Pages: 1 ... 773 774 [775] 776 777 ... 11037