Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 768 769 [770] 771 772 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14505756 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #11535 on: June 28, 2012, 02:14:13 pm »

It is 94f/34c in the shade, in a state surrounded by water, about two thirds of the way from the the equator to the north pole. Wtf, weather?
beats this http://www.ksl.com/?sid=21018653&nid=1012&title=x-rays-melt-away-distant-planets-atmosphere&s_cid=queue-3

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11536 on: June 28, 2012, 02:20:20 pm »

That is very cool, but it makes it no less oppressively hot here.

Edit: it is officially 99f and close to 50% humidity now. For those of you in metric, that translates roughly to: fuck it's hot, and fuck it's humid.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 03:40:53 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #11537 on: June 28, 2012, 03:28:12 pm »

Herpderp.
At this point, is there any other reasonable response but that?
Throw out the case?
Nah, the DOJ is too forcefully interested in making itself look like an idiot to drop it sensibly.
At this ppoint, the U.S could use a despot of sorts who could tell the DoJ to shut their yaps about thingsa they can't fix, like drug abuse and Piracy. Once they realize the problem can't be fixed by brute force, they can work on solutions.

And I don't even support Piracy or drug use!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11538 on: June 28, 2012, 03:40:27 pm »

107F here.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11539 on: June 28, 2012, 03:42:11 pm »

107F here.
That's it, I'm seceding from the weather until it stops being so batshit insane.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #11540 on: June 28, 2012, 03:52:39 pm »

You live in Michigan. The weather will never stop being batshit insane.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #11541 on: June 28, 2012, 03:53:38 pm »

89f, a bit muggy with 49% humidity, but the palm trees are beautiful.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11542 on: June 28, 2012, 04:01:50 pm »

107F here.
That's it, I'm seceding from the weather until it stops being so batshit insane.
Hey, guess what? Its 109 now!
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11543 on: June 28, 2012, 04:04:11 pm »

You live in Michigan. The weather will never stop being batshit insane.
The year we left michigan there was ice on the snow, which was on top of yet more ice, it was a snow sandwich for everyone. I second this.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11544 on: June 28, 2012, 04:05:32 pm »

Edit: it is officially 99f and close to 50% humidity now. For those of you in metric, that translates roughly to: fuck it's hot, and fuck it's humid.
50% is humid? Oh dear. I don't think you'd fare well down here.
*covers up his neck-gills*

It's currently 96F, but only 24% humidity. Which means the air is going to parch my lungs. It's much easier for me to breathe hot, humid air than hot, dry air.

EDIT: Unrelated WTF -- got a call on my cellphone, figured it was my wife, answered it without looking first. Cue recording of some preacher speaking in a very loud and energetic voice about how he knew I was going through hard times and I may be looking for God at this very stressful time in my life. Was a 1-800 number.

I've heard of spam. I've heard of cellphone spam. I've heard of religious spam. I've never heard of religious cellphone spam.  ???
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 04:12:39 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11545 on: June 28, 2012, 04:09:52 pm »

Seriously, NC humidity is no joke. At least when the eastern half of the state sinks into the Atlantic 50 years from now it won't be too much of a change.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11546 on: June 28, 2012, 04:14:47 pm »

Seriously, NC humidity is no joke. At least when the eastern half of the state sinks into the Atlantic 50 years from now it won't be too much of a change.
Hey now, that's illegal! You can only predict about 10 inches worth of sea rise. I really wish I could petition to place the NC GOP headquarters 11 inches above sea-level. After all, we want them to have a nice beachfront property.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11547 on: June 28, 2012, 04:22:35 pm »

Hey now, that's illegal! You can only predict about 10 inches worth of sea rise. I really wish I could petition to place the NC GOP headquarters 11 inches above sea-level. After all, we want them to have a nice beachfront property.
As I said before, if all the ice on Earth melts Raleigh will become beachfront property, and I'd wager that the NC GOP HQ is there. Although, we'd have to be pretty dedicated to heating up the planet to actually take out the entire Antarctic ice sheet.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11548 on: June 28, 2012, 04:26:43 pm »

As I said before, if all the ice on Earth melts Raleigh will become beachfront property, and I'd wager that the NC GOP HQ is there. Although, we'd have to be pretty dedicated to heating up the planet to actually take out the entire Antarctic ice sheet.
Time to install the heating array.

In other news, 104F here and I'm still working full shifts outside. Woohoo.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #11549 on: June 28, 2012, 05:25:06 pm »

It's "only" 97 degrees and 53% humidity here. I'm staying the fuck inside all day. Air conditioning, you are my greatest friend.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 768 769 [770] 771 772 ... 11037