Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 715 716 [717] 718 719 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14476863 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #10740 on: June 10, 2012, 05:29:08 pm »

So much to do

So much to see

Wut. What the hell did I just watch!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM8K-w3gK3I&feature=autoplay&list=PL66871A5AEC242773&playnext=1

Go to 2:01. TOAD IS HORRIFYING

Also, "This doesn't look like an ending. This looks like a one-way ticket to f'en... to Cthulhu's realm."
That doesn't look like a game, it looks like a vision of my own mortality.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10741 on: June 10, 2012, 05:43:36 pm »

So much to do

So much to see

It kind of reminded me of a schizophrenic's painting.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #10742 on: June 10, 2012, 05:48:36 pm »

So much to do

So much to see

It kind of reminded me of a schizophrenic's painting.

The whole time I was thinking Dada
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10743 on: June 10, 2012, 05:58:01 pm »

We've got some huuuuge wild turkeys around here, they come round our back yard to search around the bird feeders for spilled bird seed too. I would have thought the coyotes would have eaten something that big and slow by now, but apparently they somehow avoid being eaten.

They are also surprisingly good flyers, which helps.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10744 on: June 10, 2012, 06:14:04 pm »

We've got some huuuuge wild turkeys around here, they come round our back yard to search around the bird feeders for spilled bird seed too. I would have thought the coyotes would have eaten something that big and slow by now, but apparently they somehow avoid being eaten.

Really? I kinda doubt these particular birds could fly, when I said they were big, I mean they're BIG. I couldn't be sure without weighing them, but they look like they weigh at least 80 pounds.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #10745 on: June 10, 2012, 06:17:02 pm »

Really? I kinda doubt these particular birds could fly, when I said they were big, I mean they're BIG. I couldn't be sure without weighing them, but they look like they weigh at least 80 pounds.
Are you sure they didn't eat the coyotes?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10746 on: June 10, 2012, 06:17:51 pm »

Thanksgiving for the next 6 months!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10747 on: June 10, 2012, 06:23:49 pm »

Are you sure they didn't eat the coyotes?
Come to think of it, I haven't seen any coyotes around recently... I just assumed that's because they're sneaky bastards.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10748 on: June 10, 2012, 06:52:41 pm »

That's exactly why it's so surprising. Well, that and you'll almost never actually SEE them flying - they never fly out in the open, and they tend to stay close to forest floor when they do. They roost in trees though, so yeah, if they are wild and alive, they can probably fly. :P

No, DOMESTIC turkies can't fly, because they are not only big but heavy. The wild turkeys are actually mostly feathers.

Tabbyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10749 on: June 11, 2012, 02:25:05 am »

If I knew about this thread like a week ago I would have had the perfect response...

I KNEW THIS GUY!!

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Burnaby+double+murder+suspect+Angus+Mitchell+history+violence/6759844/story.html

He lived in the room next to mine where I was renting when I lived in Burnaby... Looks like I moved away at a good time.

I was like !!!!!!!! Jaw slack... when I heard about that.
Urist McHallucinate cancels operate pump: flying through the stars in the stomach of a giant fish.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10750 on: June 11, 2012, 03:51:53 am »

If I knew about this thread like a week ago I would have had the perfect response...

I KNEW THIS GUY!!

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Burnaby+double+murder+suspect+Angus+Mitchell+history+violence/6759844/story.html

He lived in the room next to mine where I was renting when I lived in Burnaby... Looks like I moved away at a good time.

I was like !!!!!!!! Jaw slack... when I heard about that.
"I saw him staring at the fridge and he didn't move any part of his muscles," Jin recalled in an interview from Beijing. "It was like he was a sculpture, so I was like really scared."

Jin soon learned that Mitchell was afraid of him because of scarring on his face from a recent car accident.

"He started to ask me questions like, 'Are you planning to murder me?' " Jin said. "He was paranoid."

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Burnaby+double+murder+suspect+Angus+Mitchell+history+violence/6759844/story.html#ixzz1xTO4i93l
Wow, that's a pretty solid sign of mental illness ._.  Someone should have gotten him help right then and there :/

Tabbyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10751 on: June 11, 2012, 04:37:51 am »

Wow, that's a pretty solid sign of mental illness ._.  Someone should have gotten him help right then and there :/

Yeah, I'm sure someone probably did tell him to get help at some time or other. One time he told me "Drugs don't fix anything." This was with regard to my use of marijuana.

I think someone may have suggested he get some psychiatric medication. He ended up flipping out on one of us and we had him kicked out for our safety and generally avoided him out of fear. I suppose the whole "get him help" thing would have been the right thing to do, but I would expect him to flip out on me if I suggested he get help (thus suggesting he's a psycho, an indirect insult).

Could have benefitted from smoking a joint every day, I swear. He would have been better off glued to a sofa eating several hamburgers in a row than out killing people.

On a random note, he ate large amounts of red meat every day. I'm not sure he even ate anything else. There were mountains of bloody styrofoam meat packaging overflowing the garbage can while he lived with us.
Urist McHallucinate cancels operate pump: flying through the stars in the stomach of a giant fish.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10752 on: June 11, 2012, 11:01:52 am »

There seem to have been quite a lot of warning signs there.  Certainly disturbing when something like that is allowed to happen in spite of there being multiple opportunities to stop it.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #10753 on: June 11, 2012, 01:02:04 pm »

At least in my state, getting involuntarily committed removed the ability to purchase handguns until a judge says otherwise.

So yeah, turning him in for a 72 hour evaluation might have saved lives.

Or he might have just used a knife instead. (Protip: knives don't run out of ammo)
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10754 on: June 11, 2012, 01:10:40 pm »

Hence that old expression warning you never to take a gun to a knife fight.
Pages: 1 ... 715 716 [717] 718 719 ... 11037