Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 706 707 [708] 709 710 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14478320 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #10605 on: June 09, 2012, 12:26:00 pm »

I found an old email Nintendo sent me about a new Pokemon game that is apparently set in the Sengoku era.

Sorry, Nintendo, Sengoku Rance already ruined that period for me.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10606 on: June 09, 2012, 12:35:08 pm »

I found an old email Nintendo sent me about a new Pokemon game that is apparently set in the Sengoku era.

It's actually a crossover between Pokémon and Nobunaga's Ambition.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #10607 on: June 09, 2012, 12:36:01 pm »

And even if you don't like the setting it should be considered awesome simply for being a Pokemon TBS
It's FEF, not FEOF

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10608 on: June 09, 2012, 12:37:30 pm »

Quote from: Putnam link=topic=68850.msg3358381#msg3358381
It's actually a crossover between Pokémon and Nobunaga's Ambition.
[/quote
Huh, I didn't know that.
And even if you don't like the setting it should be considered awesome simply for being a Pokemon TBS
Yeah, this is part of the reason why I want it.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10609 on: June 09, 2012, 12:41:46 pm »

...what.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #10610 on: June 09, 2012, 12:44:46 pm »

...what.

Isn't it just awesome?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10611 on: June 09, 2012, 12:47:40 pm »

...what.

Isn't it just awesome?

I am intrigued.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10612 on: June 09, 2012, 12:53:05 pm »

Ditto. AU reimaginings of that style interest me, which was why I liked Sengoku Rance :P The naughty bits were frankly boring, but the game qua game had a vitality stuff like Romance of the Three Kingdoms lacks for me.

Basically give me awesome medieval armies and stuff, just with steampunk and dragons and whatever. Swords and sorcery (or plasma shotguns, or steam-mecha, or all of the above) is better than just swords, t'my preference. Pokemon are sufficient!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10613 on: June 09, 2012, 12:53:27 pm »

To be honest, now I actually WANT to knock the $300 off the bill, because though I totally thought he wanted me to spend time on it when I did the work, it appears there was a miscommunication and he didn't really order it.... He's insisting on paying the $300 though, out of some sense of honor that he "always pays his bills." WTF? A human being with a sense of honor? I didn't know those existed! That is not the guy I wanna have paying me for a misunderstanding. Forgetting the fact that this business relationship is worth more to me than $300, I actually feel bad about what happened. While I totally did the work and thought it was what he wanted at the time, it appears he didn't want it though he complained about it and was quite worried at the time.... ??? WTF.

Can't say this has ever happened before....

There are humans with honor out there. More than you may realize. But they are a rare beast nonetheless.
There are people who attempt to have as few debts as possible with a blazing passion. Its like how some people insist on always paying for everybody if they can, except less party-related and more general. They are nice to know, so huzzah to you for finding one, Truean. :D

Thanks.

I'm still somewhat worried about this. I truly want to invite him to just sit down and chill out in my office and take a soda from my fridge so this whole misunderstanding thing never happens again. Not that there's a problem; he is paying, but still.... I don't want to waste time and money on research he doesn't want, because a.) I really did mean it when I told him I wanted to be cost effective, and b.) I want to do the best job I can for him.  Just weird.
That last part? Yeah, you should totally do all of those things. Having solid business relationships is astounding, and word of mouth travels extremely quickly.

Thank you. Yeah I did that and he's cool with it. He knows I put in insane hours, many of which I'm not currently being paid for as I'm just starting out. Moreover, He also admitted he wasn't exactly clear on what he wanted after I said I honestly thought he did want it. The cash is just less important to me than a continuing business relationship, and about the contract review thing, I'll drop it even below $50 the more contracts you give me. I'd rather do 20 contracts at $20 a piece and wind up with $400 as long as they don't require a lot of legal research than one contract at $100. You have less risk, I get more money while doing things cheaper. Win win."

but yeah, I suggested just jotting things down and going over them once next time. He's the type of guy who does things on a handshake, which is ... alright I suppose but... misunderstandings happen there.

he said it was good information he could use though too so [:)]

He also seemed happy with me overall, which is important. He seemed understanding that it was an honest mistake given that he wasn't entirely clear and that the first thing I did was offer to comp it.

So now he wants me to start that NY corporation in Ohio and do business as a foreign corporation in NY as long as the Jews who are going to sell the cabbage think it's ok. I actually have a satisfied client who is going to give me a little more work. This is new, and actually nice for a change, because quite frankly I don't mind it one bit.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 01:08:52 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10614 on: June 09, 2012, 02:31:56 pm »

Is he cute?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10615 on: June 09, 2012, 02:49:52 pm »

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10616 on: June 09, 2012, 03:05:00 pm »

According to that I'm schizotypal and avoidant.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #10617 on: June 09, 2012, 03:05:45 pm »

Avoidant Schizoid for me.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10618 on: June 09, 2012, 03:06:20 pm »

On a scale of 1 to 10, you're a psychopath.

Har har

Ah, personality disorders. I scored 66% on avoidant and 58% on dependent. Nothing surprising. Below average on everything else.

Is everyone here avoidant?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #10619 on: June 09, 2012, 03:07:01 pm »

88% Schizoid >.>

edit:

Is everyone here avoidant?

Would not surprise me :P
Pages: 1 ... 706 707 [708] 709 710 ... 11037